Hit & Run @ Ring Road: Foreigner Escaped / Wanted

General Udon Thani topics only!
SJP17
udonmap.com

Re: Hit & Run @ Ring Road: Foreigner Escaped / Wanted

Post by SJP17 » November 18, 2016, 11:23 pm

I guess he will soon hand him self in and try and resolve the situation, hopefully everyone involved makes a full recovery.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 19, 2016, 4:20 am

Heard he had already departed these shores, not known if accurate, but if true good riddance leaving his ' friend ' to sort out the mess.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 19, 2016, 6:40 am

He just did what the Thais do, run away. Remember this is Thai culture and we as guests in this amazing Kingdom must try to appreciate Thai culture and do as they do.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 19, 2016, 7:21 am

jimjay wrote:Also, the Thais here with me, who are raging on all of your replies, are now yelling that the signal indicator by law is to be used 50 to 100 meters ahead of the intended turn!
That is so funny, Thais talking about traffic laws and they are by far the worst offenders. Most of them do not know the traffic laws or don't care. The problem this time is a Farang was involved. And why are you yelling?

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » November 19, 2016, 7:48 am

My guess at Thai's using their indicators signalling there intention to turn would be less than 1% like rear view mirrors they are only to be used to check hair and make up or pop a pimple>

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » November 19, 2016, 9:03 am

Faults on all sides…. Falang reported left the country and can never return (punishment served… Thais in hospital with busted up bikes (Again punishment served) …. Maybe someone will learn something from this… :roll:

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 19, 2016, 10:24 am

jai yen yen wrote:
jimjay wrote:Also, the Thais here with me, who are raging on all of your replies, are now yelling that the signal indicator by law is to be used 50 to 100 meters ahead of the intended turn!
That is so funny, Thais talking about traffic laws and they are by far the worst offenders. Most of them do not know the traffic laws or don't care.
The Thai law states:
The driver must display the hand signal or light signal not less distance than 60m before turning the vehicle, changing traffic lane, or stopping the vehicle.
http://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcy ... -com.9367/
:-"
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Re: Driver ID'd - Hit & Run @ Ring Road

Post by Jello » November 19, 2016, 10:39 am

jimjay wrote:
papafarang wrote:Imagecapture screen
Thanks Papafarang, this sign clearly states in THAI, Bicycles and Motorbikes KEEP LEFT.
Yes, thats the law. Bikes and slower moving vehicles keep to the left within the left lane NOT on the hard shoulder. As illustrated in your photo the motorbikes are traveling on the white line (the outer edge of the left lane).

The sign does not say to drive on the hard shoulder, does not indicate that the hard shoulder is a lane or designated bike lane, and in no way justifies that overtaking on the left is legal.

I've posted quotes from the Thai road laws which should be the determining factor in who is at fault after an accident. Obviously the reality of how people drive here is different than what's stated in the law, but just because bikes travel on the hard shoulder and travel against traffic is the norm and the rules are not enforced does not make it legal.
8)
UFF DA!

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » November 19, 2016, 11:10 am

I wonder if the guy even had a UK car licence ?

Even if he did does that in anyway cover you to drive a car here ?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 19, 2016, 11:16 am

SJP17 wrote:I wonder if the guy even had a UK car licence ?

Even if he did does that in anyway cover you to drive a car here ?
Yep !! It Does....

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 19, 2016, 11:20 am

Section 42-2
In case there's a treaty between the Thai government and a foreign government regarding mutual acceptance of driver's license, an alien who doesn't have an immigrant visa may drive a motor vehicle with a driver's license issued by such a foreign government, or an automobile association authorized by such a foreign government.
http://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcy ... -com.9367/
UFF DA!

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » November 19, 2016, 4:21 pm

That's interesting! so does a British National need an International Drivers Licence or can he use his UK drivers licence to drive in Thailand?
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 19, 2016, 5:42 pm

Mate, ffs of course you can.....

kevh
udonmap.com

Post by kevh » November 19, 2016, 5:48 pm

Yes a tourist can drive in thailand for the first 9 days on a uk licence.

Also a thai tourist can drive in the UK for the first 90 days when entering the UK, Using a Thai licence. Thats even more scary.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 19, 2016, 6:28 pm

In the end guys they are called accidents for a reason, no one intended harm to anyone. Sure things could have been done differently by all parties except the passengers on the bike. I have noted of late cars are doing the same sort of thing as the bikes do especially at that intersection terribly long light.

We simply have a lot more traffic then we used to have. The roads were not designed to for the kind of usage they get. The owner of the car is probably going to take a hit. Sometimes being a good neighbor is not the best course,

Looks like it time to agree not to agree. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 19, 2016, 6:29 pm

Forgot on my trip to America I wouldn't drive, [-X to many years of driving here ;)
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

LEYTON JAMES REES

Post by LEYTON JAMES REES » June 28, 2017, 5:33 pm

Hi all need some help here. it was me that had the accident. Been trying to call police in udon from uk to get this delt with but with no success. Any idea who to call?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 28, 2017, 7:37 pm

Udon Tourist Police should probably be your first port of call...
Phone: +66 (0) 42 211291
Fax: +66 (0) 42 328189
As there is a fax number you could easily communicate that way to ensure that there were no misunderstandings.
A phone call would probably only get you to one of their (delightful) young front desk ladies, who probably could be of little real assistance as far as the issue was concerned..

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » June 28, 2017, 10:43 pm

Your having a laugh.farangs and RTAs at the moment are something to steer clear of.i take it your thinking of maybe coming back.my advice is don't.theyve got you details and will make a scapegoat out of you.try Vietnam and don't fly through bkk.ps if your had faced the music and you wasn't drunk you might of been ok.

dvpscott
udonmap.com

Post by dvpscott » June 29, 2017, 9:13 am

leyton,talk to the guy,who car you were driving,iam sure he no everything,

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”