Thai Smile

General Udon Thani topics only!
wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Thai Smile

Post by wokkawombat » February 18, 2017, 7:05 am

I have been trying for two days to book a flight BKK/Uth with Thai Smile. I am in Australia and have tried to pay with my Visa Card (used to book flights previously) and direct debit on my SCB bank account all to no avail. Have they regressed to the mid 1950's?

Gurgle, Gurgle...

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Smile

Post by vincemunday » February 18, 2017, 7:07 am

Strange that, I never have any problems and my mate Dave just booked flights a couple of weeks ago and he was fine, perhaps a temporary glitch?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » February 18, 2017, 7:26 am

Solved the problem, booked the flight through Thai, 50 baht extra cost, they accepted AMEX ok.
Gurgle, Gurgle...

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 18, 2017, 7:31 am

A friend of mine has also just booked & paid for a Thai Smile flight back from BKK to Udon, although he was in country when he booked it, so don't know if that would make a difference.

I have had problems with the Air Asa site in the past & Lion Air does not seem to accept my card at all - pay at 7/11 or Tesco seems to be the only way with them..

So it does seem that the Thai internet flight system is flaky to say the least..

Have you tried booking the flight through Thai themselves, rather than the Thai Smile site, or is that option no longer available???

JMT42
udonmap.com

Post by JMT42 » February 18, 2017, 9:06 am

I have had problems with Thai smile not using older web browsers but have booked from Canada with my visa no problem . Lion Air never works.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 18, 2017, 12:11 pm

BobHelm wrote:Have you tried booking the flight through Thai themselves, rather than the Thai Smile site, or is that option no longer available???
Every Thai Smile flight is also bookable through the Thai Airways website. However, the prices are nearly always different. And not consistent, either. Sometimes Thai Smile is cheaper, sometimes Thai Airways. I've seen the price difference as low as 40 baht and as high as 200. When I fly Thai Smile, I always check both websites for price before buying.

old timer
udonmap.com

Post by old timer » February 18, 2017, 12:24 pm

OT paid cash Bht3640 return yesterday at Swampy, not sure how that compares with online prices but I thought it was reasonable. Mind you the flight was almost full except for a seat or two so it's a bit risky leaving it so late to get a ticket.

OT......... \:D/

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 18, 2017, 4:58 pm

I vowed and declared about three years ago that I would never fly with Thai Smile again after sitting at swampy for six hours with no notice of flight cancellation whatsoever flew in from Aus the night before, had to swallow my words three weeks ago I booked a very cheap flight from Aus to swampy via Flight Center then requested swampy to Udon 2790 baht thanks I told the girl internet that morning 1490 baht I got into a catch twenty two situation they had me by the short and curlys I do not have a credit card so at short notice I paid never again never again any Thai Airways of any description.

I should have taken a chance Bkk overnight stay then DM to Udon the next morning.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 18, 2017, 4:59 pm

I vowed and declared about three years ago that I would never fly with Thai Smile again after sitting at swampy for six hours with no notice of flight cancellation whatsoever flew in from Aus the night before, had to swallow my words three weeks ago I booked a very cheap flight from Aus to swampy via Flight Center then requested swampy to Udon 2790 baht thanks I told the girl internet that morning 1490 baht I got into a catch twenty two situation they had me by the short and curlys I do not have a credit card so at short notice I paid never again never again any Thai Airways of any description.

I should have taken a chance Bkk overnight stay then DM to Udon the next morning.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”