German tourists in Udon Thani

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

German tourists in Udon Thani

Post by vincemunday » March 2, 2017, 2:24 pm

Yesterday I was sitting in the dear lady wife's restauarant in Soi Jintakarm when I noticed a older Farang couple walk past, then walk past the other way, then back in the direction they were originally heading. They were obviously lost so being the kind chap I am I asked them if I could help. Unfortunately their apartment owner had told them at the time of booking that they were within walking distance of the town centre, oops a small white lie there, Its quite a long way away. I was feeling a bit benevolent so I offered to take them into town, so I took them to my car and drove them in. Actually the German chap as he turned out to be was a really nice guy, we had a lot in common, he spent most of the journey telling me how the EU and unchecked immigration has ruined Germany, particularly Hamburg which is where he's from, I have learnt that perhaps things aren't quite as rosy there as the BBC would have us believe. Anyway, the reason for the post, once I took him into town, he asked where he could find the place that offered a tour of Udon, something that's come up a few times before! When I explained to the gentleman that Udon Thani isn't quite that well developed yet the pain on his face was quite visible, he wasn't expecting that, maybe he'd been told another little fib. Is there somewhere? In the death I took them to the railway station to orientate them and then dropped them off at the Chinese temple and visitor centre, I couldn't really think of what or where else ad hoc like that.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: German tourists in Udon Thani

Post by macca46 » March 2, 2017, 2:36 pm

A very kind gesture yes the old little white lie any thing for a buck doesn't do Udon's image a lot of good.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » March 2, 2017, 3:21 pm

vincemunday wrote:Anyway, the reason for the post, once I took him into town, he asked where he could find the place that offered a tour of Udon, something that's come up a few times before! When I explained to the gentleman that Udon Thani isn't quite that well developed yet the pain on his face was quite visible, he wasn't expecting that, maybe he'd been told another little fib. Is there somewhere?
Udon Thani Visitor Information Center has a orange coloured trams, which takes tourists to see Udon City tour. I believe price is about 50 thb per person. You can google Udon Thani Visitor Information Center and get their FB address. Starting point should be somewhere in front of the University.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 2, 2017, 3:55 pm

Well there you go, didn't know that.
Perhaps it is in English for falang tuoro's?

Perhaps Vince could talk his wife into sponsoring her restaurant with a sign on the side of the bus and save him mentioning said restaurant in just about all of his posts.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 2, 2017, 6:56 pm

Hi Barney, would understand your comment if I was touting for business, I only referenced where I was, I didn't mention the name of the restaurant or where it was, there are hundreds of them down Soi Jintakarm and hundreds of apartment blocks too, but if it makes you feel better, snipe away.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » March 2, 2017, 7:29 pm

"white lie"........not sure about that, as can't be much more than 1 km to the P. Prajak circle, depending what end of the soi you're on. Definitely walking distance, though if that lazy, spend 10 baht for the bus.

Though personally I'd head the other direction, over to Chomchuen, as plenty of food and vendors that way.

Their GH being in one of the better locations........though relative to what they want.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » March 2, 2017, 7:55 pm

Barney wrote:Well there you go, didn't know that.
Perhaps it is in English for falang tuoro's?

Perhaps Vince could talk his wife into sponsoring her restaurant with a sign on the side of the bus and save him mentioning said restaurant in just about all of his posts.
Have to love Ozzy English .Touros lol, never heard that one before :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 2, 2017, 8:02 pm

vincemunday wrote:Hi Barney, would understand your comment if I was touting for business, I only referenced where I was, I didn't mention the name of the restaurant or where it was, there are hundreds of them down Soi Jintakarm and hundreds of apartment blocks too, but if it makes you feel better, snipe away.
He's A POME What do you expect Vince ??? :lol: :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 2, 2017, 9:22 pm

So am I lol, my dad was Aussie not me :)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 2, 2017, 10:43 pm

Well if there are hundreds of them you should have taken my slight dig at you in a more positive way and give serious thought to advertising.
People are always on the lookout for good Thai food. Even me. Nothing better than trying to convince your partner that you can find a good Thai place.
As for POME, yes true I am actually from convict stock, and very happy with the outcome of that forced resettlement some centuries ago and for those unfortunates who were left behind that are now fighting for an identity to last be by other than what soccer team you follow. Good luck with that. You almost let that German touro Merkill bring you undone prior to brexit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » March 2, 2017, 11:59 pm

Chalk one up that's not somehow the fault of Americans.

Nice one vincemunday for taking them around and showing some hospitality.

As for tours my old friend at govt offices was the one who headed the making of those Udon Thani information tour trams but I don't see them in active operation much, e.g. they are usually sat idle in the govt parking lot.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 3, 2017, 6:26 am

I have heard the need for someone to do tours a couple of times in the last year, maybe someone could earn a bit of pocket money by doing a guided tour, not me I'm too idle, UT is definitely growing and there seems to be more tourists around these days, just a thought.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 3, 2017, 6:57 am

Before we go down the road of some enterprising person deciding that conducting tours could be a money spinner, it is called work and all the problems that goes with that title.
Hoteliers here are no different to many others around the world, short walk to beach springs to mind as you trudge along a dusty field for about 2 miles to the sea. near the shopping centre ( forgot to mention the all night bars and loud music ) .
There IS a lack of GOOD information on Udon Thani which is up to date and freely available , that is the problem here , always has been

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 3, 2017, 6:20 pm

Sorry, but can't resist.
Recently flown-in Germans, lost, asking for directions. Elsewhere, topic "blackout curtains".
Don't panic, Captain Mannering.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”