Udon Thani Masonic Lodge

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Masonic Lodge

Post by vincemunday » July 9, 2017, 1:58 pm

Are there any Freemasons in Udon Thani interested in founding a new lodge? We would need 7 members, an ex Grand Master to effect an installation of a master and somewhere to meet. In the first instance email me at [email protected]

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

showman

Re: Udon Thani Masonic Lodge

Post by showman » July 9, 2017, 7:46 pm

Been in Udon since 1989 . never met another mason ,there is a lodge in Pattaya

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 9, 2017, 11:16 pm

I'm sure soi sampan has dozens of Freemasons in it and you could all meet in the old country bar down the bottom end 2 doors along from Viking bar.ill ask in my village when they all come back from planting rice.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 10, 2017, 6:29 pm

Yes there is a Lodge in Pattaya and BKK and I'm in touch with the BKK one. I could go to Bangkok but it would be better if we had a Lodge here in Udon Thani, I'm pretty sure there must be more than enough masons to found one here and I'm pretty sure that Grand Lodge would be fine with it too.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

len ames
udonmap.com

Post by len ames » July 10, 2017, 6:38 pm

Count me in brother

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 10, 2017, 7:05 pm

We are getting some responses now but there must be more brethren out there? We are in dire need of an ex GM to do the initial installation as well as someone prepared to be the master of the new lodge. Once we have enough of us I will contact the secretary of my lodge back in the UK and ask him to contact grand lodge for approval. Please keep contacting me on [email protected]. If we can get a lodge going I'd be interested in hearing from people interested in joining up, it's usually a great evening out where a bIt of money is raised for local causes.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » July 10, 2017, 8:55 pm

ralph or mortiboy would make a suitable master.

Peter H

Post by Peter H » July 10, 2017, 9:35 pm

Count me in, I was a MM in Wantage Lodge, met in Great Queen St, sadly gave all my regala back to the lodge when I retired here.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 11, 2017, 7:23 am

I'm sure all potential masters would be considered. I am not in any way that high up and could really do with some help if there are any ex masters in Udon to guide me. We are getting plenty of interest so far, it won't be long before we have enough people to apply to GL but we'd need to make sure we were ready to found a new lodge and I don't have that experience, so if you can help please get in touch.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » July 11, 2017, 10:00 am

Just to lighten things up a bit Vince, I believe Fred F was a Grand Poobah and he resides at Nong Khai, his mate Barnery R lives in Nong Bua. I do not know phone numbers of either gents, but if you contact the local Bedrock rock quarry, they will pass the message on. Wilma, Betty and the kids also reside with them, I hope that helps.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 11, 2017, 2:39 pm

Sport, I think that was the other secret lot ..... the KKK

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 11, 2017, 2:46 pm

KKK that would go over great here!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 13, 2017, 7:51 am

I think finding enough people to start a lodge would be okay, there's enough of us in Udon Thani but without someone to act as master and another to do the initial installation we will be unable to get off the ground, there's a possibility that there are the suitable people around but perhaps they aren't regular on UM, does anyone know people who might fit the bill?

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » July 13, 2017, 8:38 am

There must be enough retired UK and American policemen here with the seniority to start both a lodge and a KKK.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » July 13, 2017, 5:18 pm

Hi,
The following link may help, they may sponsor the establishment of a Udon Lodge, hopefully so

https://www.lodgestjohnbangkok.com/

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » July 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

I'm outta here (this forum)!!
Lived in Udon province for 14 years, there's some real nutters about these days.
Religious Zealots on one thread, now we've got the Freemasons on another.
The place has gone to pot...

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 14, 2017, 2:41 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
July 14, 2017, 1:11 pm
Lived in Udon province for 14 years, there's some real nutters about these days.
That's nothing soon a branch of the wvs women's voluntary service is coming also a Darby and Joan club,followed by the Salvation Army musical meetings for a good old sing song.freemasons,what a load of b&;;0x.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 14, 2017, 4:10 pm

There seems to be a bit of concern and a few misconceptions about Freemasonry, please take a look at the link below and it should go some way to explaining who and what we are.

To all of those who have shown an interest, it seems we most likely have enough people to start a lodge here in Udon, I shall investigate what needs to be done and contact all those who have shown an interest. Please contact me on [email protected] if you are MM or above, I'm particularly interested in hearing from PM's.

http://ugle.org.uk/about-freemasonry

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » July 14, 2017, 4:32 pm

I agree thaiguzzi we have enough weirdos now the funny hand shake brigade , secret meetings behind closed doors .
All sharing their school boy secrets .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2017, 4:56 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
July 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

I thought you had to be a religous zealot to become a freemason? ........... You can forget it if your catholic however as the Catholic church condemns freemasonry [-X

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”