Christian Jews, I love, will enlighten U

General Udon Thani topics only!
vlad
udonmap.com

Re: Christian Jews, I love, will enlighten U

Post by vlad » October 23, 2017, 4:52 pm

Some people just can't resist reading threads on here then running to sir on another site telling tales.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » October 23, 2017, 5:07 pm

vlad wrote:
October 23, 2017, 4:52 pm
Some people just can't resist reading threads on here then running to sir on another site telling tales.
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » October 23, 2017, 5:29 pm

Thanks for the discussion about the meaning of race. It lead me to this. I always used to default to my Encyclopaedia Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/topic/race-human
Watch Me!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 23, 2017, 5:37 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 23, 2017, 4:30 pm
Part of the definition of race is a common language, culture and history and on that basis I would say that yes there are “races” and ethnicities aren’t necessarily a part of that and as I’ve said before, if someone is born in England I think they are English, what else would they be? So yes, I think there is an English race, a French race etc.
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion; but I suggest that you are in the small minority. And your view of race still leaves unanswered questions as well as interesting implications.

- What happens when a national border is moved? Do the people born in the affected area change race?
- Madeleine Albright and I are of different races; but Muhammad Ali and I belong to the same race?
- You and I are of different races; but you and Lola Young (Baroness Young of Hornsey) are of the same race?

Sorry, but I just don't see it. Race and culture/ethnicity are two very different things, -- is it possible that you're conflating them?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 23, 2017, 5:48 pm

I guess it's interpretation of the definitions given in dictionaries and individual belief, we will have agree to disagree.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 23, 2017, 6:31 pm

vlad wrote:
October 23, 2017, 4:52 pm
This is true. Rarely does one find members on this forum gossiping about something they have read on the other Udon Forum. Indeed, the other site has a whole thread dedicated to what is going on in this forum. Despite their claims to dislike this forum, their members seem fascinated by certain topics that hold their interest.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » October 23, 2017, 7:56 pm

Do people ie members dislike this forum? I find that very hard to believe.

Way different from the b1tch fest like Thai Visa...

Thoughts anyone.....?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 23, 2017, 9:40 pm

"Thoughts anyone.....?"

If memory serves, many of the original members of the other Udon forum were members of Udon map and had been banned or made to feel unwelcome after making comments on threads just like this one (hence their obvious interest in this type of thread). The other forum only came about when many senior members felt they were being censored by the ultra PC Brigade on Udonmap and needed a different platform to express their views.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 23, 2017, 9:46 pm

Felix is posting on the other channel then , LOL

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 23, 2017, 10:07 pm

Friends, please. This is not the Forum for a discussion about forums. Let's try to keep it to the original topic of Jews, Muslims, Christians, God, race, racism, or something like that (I think).

Thanks!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 23, 2017, 10:32 pm

Udon Map wrote:
October 23, 2017, 10:07 pm
Friends, please. This is not the Forum for a discussion about forums. Let's try to keep it to the original topic of Jews, Muslims, Christians, God, race, racism, or something like that (I think).

Thanks!

:lol: Add to that lot (from the thread title) U, I, Love, Enlighten & Will, and I think just about anything anyone posts HAS to be pretty damn close to being on topic :lol: :lol: :lol:

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 23, 2017, 11:52 pm

There is no way to prove something does not exist as in a God because it does not exist. Now if God does exist we should be able to prove it which nobody can of course because he does not exist. It is all about blind faith, not reality. Basically some people are afraid to go it alone so they go to this mythical power that will guide and help them. This is why people kill each other over their religion and gods, take away their security and they would fall apart. Their beliefs are necessary for their survival, in their minds of course.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 24, 2017, 6:08 am

jai yen yen wrote:
October 23, 2017, 11:52 pm
There is no way to prove something does not exist as in a God because it does not exist. Now if God does exist we should be able to prove it which nobody can of course because he does not exist. It is all about blind faith, not reality. Basically some people are afraid to go it alone so they go to this mythical power that will guide and help them. This is why people kill each other over their religion and gods, take away their security and they would fall apart. Their beliefs are necessary for their survival, in their minds of course.
Although I must admit to enjoying a good sensible debate this is not a topic I would enter into but I,ve got to say JYY has hit it firmly on the head with the above. =D>
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » October 24, 2017, 6:41 am

jai yen yen wrote:
October 23, 2017, 11:52 pm
Rubbish.

You're make the assumption that we know everything.

Guess you think Symbolism doesn't exist either.

As for you using the word "belief"....555!

I am sure there are many things you believe but cannot prove.

\:D/

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 24, 2017, 9:19 am

I was born and raised Catholic. Our small Ohio town was basically in the middle of a cornfield. I thought everyone was Catholic. I wasn't very popular in catechism class. I asked too many questions and never received what I considered logical answers. The pat answer was always the same. "It's called faith, you HAVE to believe".

When I left home and went into the military, I lost what little faith I had. I was somewhat of a scrapper when I was a young man. I had a Jewish friend and some of the guys always picked on him calling him a dirty Jew. After several altercations with these morons, they quit picking on the skinny Jew. I like to think that I am a logical person. I already knew that no one can control what color skin, what country or religion they were born into. I still think that way. I do admit that I often resent people who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. They may think they are better than the rest of us but they have no right to look down on the people who had to make their own way in this life.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”