Weather

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Weather

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 6, 2023, 8:18 am

A quite unusual weather occurrence this morning .. 6am was thick dense fog ..dare i say a Scunny like pea souper here on Udons West side ring road and its lingering about now after 8am .. so strange that my missus was woke up by a call from hr sister to go out n look ..which see did and took pics .. to get Dao out of bed at that time is only normally done for a temple visit but apparently fog also has this power.

Now and a longer forecast ..... currently 21 degrees rising to a high of 33-35 today with an overnight low of 23 tonight into tomorrow .. same for about 3 or 4 days .... then rather aptly around Valentines day 14th gonna get another cooler period with lows temps down tp a marvelous 17 18.

Back to the norm for this time of year ....NO RAIN EXPECTED until late Feb early March.

DM ....its fogtastic here :D

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 8, 2023, 8:50 am

Sadly no morning fog ... appears Mondays pea souper was just a one off.

A tad warmer in the day time as forecast ..34 here .. doing anything remotely strenuous may result is clammy nether regions and a rashes so be careful and take it easy out there.

6am temp was 23 .. same same for at least the next 2 or 3 days.

BKK back to steaming hot n very smoggy

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 8, 2023, 9:06 am

Very Very hot Summer predicted this year.

Noted that expected temps in Patters predicted to top 43C in about 6 weeks

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 10, 2023, 10:05 am

Although from a purely gardeners point of view these latest dollops of rain have reduced the need to water the garden the last few days, the downside is the increased HUMIDITY which was reported ast 80+ % this morning. Heat is never a problem but humidity is the energy sapping downside of rain here.
Enjoy the warmth and happy feeling the sun gives while standing there watering the plants from the perspiration leaking from me....haha Who said multi-tasking is difficult .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 10, 2023, 11:20 am

Feels like gas mark 4 today ... high of 35 low 23 in and around Udon...

Beach attire is the order of the day ..sleevless shirts / vests or wife beaters which is the norm for Col , Noos n Popeye on any given day... clammy and sweaty and thats just the renegades at CCW today.

The weekend , Monday n Tuesday gas mark 5 with 37-38 highs 22 overnight early morning lows so stock up on prickly heat powder for rashes n chaffing.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 10, 2023, 11:52 am

Luverly ........ does that mean I can put me chunky sweaters away for another year?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 10, 2023, 12:21 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 10, 2023, 11:52 am
Luverly ........ does that mean I can put me chunky sweaters away for another year?
Hold off bagging up the Val Doonican jumpers Statto .. chance of one last early morning cool snap as temps could drop to a bone chilling 17 late next week.. or burn the sweaters its not like you can be seen outdoors in them ...n stay in bed longer.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 10, 2023, 12:29 pm

Cant burn them DM, they are a fashion accessory to me onesie and flanelette check shirt

Me knee length quilted coat n scarf will hide it all if I venture beyond the front door

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 10, 2023, 8:38 pm

Whats CCW?

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 10, 2023, 11:19 pm

Counter clockwise
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 11, 2023, 8:38 am

stattointhailand wrote:
February 10, 2023, 12:29 pm
Cant burn them DM, they are a fashion accessory to me onesie and flanelette check shirt

Me knee length quilted coat n scarf will hide it all if I venture beyond the front door
Not be needing them this weekend thru Mon n Tues Statto .. 37 - 38 day highs .. 23 night early morning lows

Thats 37 feels like 42 according to the Accu weather guessers what ever that means.

rick wrote:
February 10, 2023, 8:38 pm
Whats CCW?
Cols Car Wash , local meeting point on a Friday for some of Udons finest eccentric expat gents , and Tam ...

There is a dress code ..... Sleeves n Shoes optional though having them may make you an overdressed outcast , Col ,Noos and Popeye lead the way in wife beater and thong fashions on a weekly basis.

DM

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 11, 2023, 9:11 am

Lens golfing crew were at Col's this friday
No tam again
Col doing subs and pizzas, which potty had

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2023, 11:09 am

Warnings emanating from the Overrated and normally incorrect Thai metrological dept that the HOT season starting end of February will be HOT , in some places over 40 for a couple of weeks . So for those with delicate skin and i am not being funny, take care and work out routines which will keep you out of the deadly rays mid-morning to mid-afternoon .
Although they warn against the heat, there are also warnings of Summer STORMS which can be violent .

Either way the next couple fo months is Sun and occasional Rain .
Be careful out there and take care

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 11, 2023, 11:40 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 11, 2023, 11:09 am
Warnings emanating from the Overrated and normally incorrect Thai metrological dept that the HOT season starting end of February will be HOT ......
If the TMD is "Overrated and normally incorrect", why are you using it as a reference source, and then quoting it here?

Surely someone with even a modicum of intelligence would use a source they believe to be credible and normally correct.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 11, 2023, 12:07 pm

According to www.accuweather.com The CURRENT Heatwave will last until Tuesday !! ( They didn't say WHICH Tuesday Though .....LOL !!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2023, 12:57 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 11, 2023, 11:40 am
Khun Paul wrote:
February 11, 2023, 11:09 am
Warnings emanating from the Overrated and normally incorrect Thai metrological dept that the HOT season starting end of February will be HOT ......
If the TMD is "Overrated and normally incorrect", why are you using it as a reference source, and then quoting it here?

Surely someone with even a modicum of intelligence would use a source they believe to be credible and normally correct.
Look you silly old man ( I am being polite here ), I am, reporting what I read, I do not for one moment guarantee that i is what is going to happen , but as most Thai weather reporting is HIT or miss then if they say it is going to be hotter than normal, why not report it, some may not have seen it.
If you want accuracy and proven information then YOU KNOW ( because you are SOOOO Intelligent ), that any predictions are at best iffy.
I Was just informing other members then they will unlike you , probably pay a bit more attention on a daily basis . stop trying to score points for attempting to show me up, As once again you have failed miserably just showing us all you are a poster who often loss the plot as well as your marbles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 11, 2023, 1:08 pm

So you are happy to use TMD as a source, despite them being overrated and normally incorrect, and despite the fact that numerous other forecasting services are available in Thailand.

To me, that is the very definition of a silly old man.

Of course, the real reason you have quoted them, was so that you could take the opportunity to have another shot at anything Thai - something you have been notorious for over many years.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 11, 2023, 3:30 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 11, 2023, 1:08 pm
So you are happy to use TMD as a source, despite them being overrated and normally incorrect, and despite the fact that numerous other forecasting services are available in Thailand.

Of course, the real reason you have quoted them, was so that you could take the opportunity to have another shot at anything Thai - something you have been notorious for over many years.
It is a bit warm outside in Udon this afternoon, but fairly nice inside Central. There are many more farangs here than in Khon Kaen, and many more Chinese owned businesses. Chinese New Year signs are still up all over the place in Udon. They look nice.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 12, 2023, 7:20 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 11, 2023, 1:08 pm

Oh what a sad silly man you are, naturally I do not depend on a single source for weather updates and like MOST COUNTRIES the weather people get it wrong not just THAI Weather sites.
It was a statement that struck a nerve as I have never seen a similar statement in over 20 years, therefore to my silly Old Man Head, it was important enough to repost as an advance warning to some that may not have read it ./

Now you attacking me over a truthful comment notwithstanding you are com0pletely wrong as usual stating that I am not a person who likes what happens in Thailand is also erroneous, but when one does speak the truth, the wall flowers and the wimps and must not upset the locals brigade come out swinging insults around like confetti. These comments make me smile and titter to myself as the very hypocritical nature of your comments which i assume as coming from a person who dare not upset the memsahib .
You are JS to put it mildly a complete ****** and as such , your time would be better spent paying attending to your own failures of which I am sure there are many . so cut out the B/S and live ...................!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 12, 2023, 11:29 am

Blooming nasty hot early today 38 ..(feels like 40 :-? ) and overnight / morning low of 22

Wear appropriate clothing (sleeveless vests baggy shorts n sandals if absolutely necessary ) and take on plenty of liquid and avoid any strenuous activity the best option.

DM

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”