Weather

General Udon Thani topics only!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Weather

Post by jackspratt » May 12, 2023, 8:27 pm

Rain is pissing down in Ban Dung, without any real storm activity.

Feels like it has set in for the night. 🌦️🌦️🌦️

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 12, 2023, 8:45 pm

on the east side we wuz robbed! Just maybe 30 minutes of moderate rain. We sure need a drenching...
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 12, 2023, 8:56 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 12, 2023, 8:45 pm
on the east side we wuz robbed! Just maybe 30 minutes of moderate rain. We sure need a drenching...
It only rains on the Godly Dave ... whilst the posher Westside suburbs did get heavy prolonged rain alas with the vacant land plots around here flooded its a frogs chorus at the mo and i spotted a huge cane toad as big as Tamadas head , in fact a striking resemblance to UMs popular Jockenese poster.

Its just starting to rain steadily again now which ties in with the current TMD rain radar... Ban Dung n Nong Khai getting a good old drenching by the look of it... no doubt Jack and 747 will be out frog warbling soon

https://weather.tmd.go.th/kknLoop.php

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 12, 2023, 9:08 pm

DM,

Cane toads might be ugly, but not that ugly! Don't exaggerate.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 13, 2023, 8:21 am

Plenty of overnight rain in the posh part of town ... and millions of deceased fire flies that follow it , nasty to sweep up , i did put up signs but appears the blighters either cant read ENGLISH or are just picking on me.

Another cloudy day forecast with a 70% chance of rain over the election weekend looking nailed on.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2023, 8:38 am

The wee west end gully washer did create an extended session of the Flat Earther's at CCW yesterday arvo. Since a few guests (non-members) had optioned to ride their bikes instead of a covered wagon, they were forced to drink for longer... or slower. In fact, the session ran so late, Col and his missus got fed up, tossed the keys to me and Pot and left us to it.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 13, 2023, 10:00 am

Interesting after the soggy FES meeting went home to dry
Raining here to though

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » May 13, 2023, 11:07 am

tamada wrote:
May 13, 2023, 8:38 am
In fact, the session ran so late, Col and his missus got fed up, tossed the keys to me and Pot and left us to it.
Never did get the pickup washed but the rain did a good job on me windscreen. Smashed down Andy's Fish and Chips at Chris's afterward along with a flagon or two of the Spanish red. Heaven.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 20, 2023, 8:25 pm

Been back to hot the last 3 days, no rain and 24 hour lows and highs all 3 days of 30 C and 40 C. Temperatures outdoors shade at Baan Rick. Farm 300 metres away about 2 degrees cooler.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2023, 8:56 am

Looks like no break in the current heat until possibly mid-week. It got overcast late yesterday morning with a peal of thunder but half an hour later, the clouds were gone and there I was [redacted]

The wet season officially starts tomorrow but according to the Thai Met Office wonks, this year will be drier than usual.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -this-year
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 21, 2023, 10:51 am

tamada wrote:
May 21, 2023, 8:56 am
Looks like no break in the current heat until possibly mid-week. It got overcast late yesterday morning with a peal of thunder but half an hour later, the clouds were gone and there I was [redacted]

The wet season officially starts tomorrow but according to the Thai Met Office wonks, this year will be drier than usual.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -this-year
Indeed it did cloud over yesterday lnchtime and some short light precipitation here on Udons well heeled west side ... short lived and soon back to scorchio now and for the next few days.

[redacted]

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 21, 2023, 2:45 pm

[redacted]

Back on topic .... its HOT !! and Dm just stopped for an ice lolly and a chilled towel en route to Si Sa Ket.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 22, 2023, 9:12 am

Just to add more misery, a local Thai friend waned me that Tanker delivery costs are rising, because of the possibility of less rain,means less water available, typical market economy, so any way to store water is advisable . Routing grey water to parts of the garden also advisable

Just to add misery o a VERY HOT few days , warnings of thigs to come .............!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2023, 2:18 pm

The brother-in-law rebuilt our standing concrete well-pie water storage a few months back, all good. I borrowed a plastic tank for a temporary water supply while the rebuild was going on. Thinking I may get one myself as a back-up as the fittings are in place to hook it up to the main system if levels get low.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2023, 2:47 pm

The Thai Meteorological Department warned of thunderstorms and strong winds in 50 provinces, including Bangkok, as weather conditions change due to low-pressure systems. From May 27-30, rainfall is expected to increase, and it could be heavy in some areas. Boats have been advised to exercise caution and avoid areas with thunderstorms.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/he ... downpour-2
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2023, 6:55 pm

For sure rainy season has arrived .. got caught in serious rain in numerous different provinces and times in the last few days, the only place that wasnt wet was Bangers but that looks like its due for a splodge very soon ... luckily on one occasion we got stuck in a pub and had to wait a few hours for it to stop raining.. blast n dam Eh Tammy !!

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 26, 2023, 7:46 am

Well yesterdays brief 100 minute down-pour was welcome, cleared the air and washed a lot of dust and particles from the air and off the plants.
Overnight gentle rain and this morning another brief downpour lasting a whole 5 minutes, whatever clean air, fresh and welcoming.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 27, 2023, 8:48 am

Nice dry cool cloudy morning here but i note that most other parts of the country can expect serious heavy rain with flash flood warnings issued for Bkk and Pattaya plus all the Southern provinces.

Rainy season has arrived bang on time bu the TMD are forecasting a drier wetter season this year with a dry August due to this El Ninio who ever he or she is (see what i did there Jack) .. even now farmers being advised to dig ponds and dams to store early seasonal rains as later little is expected.

Shouldnt effect DM with 4000 L storage capacity and only showering every Sunday plus gathering rain water for drinking means not had a water bill over 100 bt for quite some time.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 27, 2023, 11:09 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 27, 2023, 8:48 am
Nice dry cool cloudy morning here but i note that most other parts of the country can expect serious heavy rain with flash flood warnings issued for Bkk and Pattaya plus all the Southern provinces.

Rainy season has arrived bang on time bu the TMD are forecasting a drier wetter season this year with a dry August due to this El Ninio who ever he or she is (see what i did there Jack) .. even now farmers being advised to dig ponds and dams to store early seasonal rains as later little is expected.

Shouldnt effect DM with 4000 L storage capacity and only showering every Sunday plus gathering rain water for drinking means not had a water bill over 100 bt for quite some time.

DM
Shouldnt effect DM with 4000 L storage capacity and only showering every Sunday,I Thought it was only once A Every 4 Years....On Yer Birthday,February 29th...... :lol: :lol:

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » May 27, 2023, 11:42 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 27, 2023, 8:48 am

DM
Would welcome a dry August as that’s our arrival date in Uth for a week , then headed to Ao Nang for a fortnight. Don’t like the choppy seas down south when it rains

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”