Weather

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Weather

Post by tamada » June 2, 2023, 10:25 am

I got 'trapped' in a pub on the north side of the metropolis with over an hour of heavy showers, some quite prolonged rolling through. Great excuse to order another 'rainbeer' and chat about Quantum computers while waiting for it to stop. Three rainbeers later, I went home to discover that there was only a light sprinkling of rain. The thunder and lightning passed only about 3 km north.

Our front patio was noticeably cooler at 6 am this morning but it's heating up nicely and Mrs tam is off on forage with Yai, heading 'up north' to where it did rain.
uthwxjun23.jpg
Hotter and hotter this weekend

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 2, 2023, 11:33 am

Thunder & Lightning Most of last Evening & Into the Wee Small hours,But You've guessed it.....NO Rain ( As Forecast ) by www.accuweather.com on The Riviera, Which they've been Forecasting for the past 2/3 Days....

Last Evening at 10pm It even said on their Website....Thunderstorm & RAIN For the Next 60 Minutes.....For Nong Khai....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 2, 2023, 8:00 pm

747man wrote:
June 2, 2023, 11:33 am
Thunder & Lightning Most of last Evening & Into the Wee Small hours,But You've guessed it.....NO Rain ( As Forecast ) by www.accuweather.com on The Riviera, Which they've been Forecasting for the past 2/3 Days....

Last Evening at 10pm It even said on their Website....Thunderstorm & RAIN For the Next 60 Minutes.....For Nong Khai....
Alan my dear lilac loving friend .. for live rain forecasts use the TMD rain radar Khon Kaen which covers most of Isan .. very very accurate ..
green is heavy cloud or light rain
yellow is heavy rain
red is storm

Accuweather are gash .. predicting rain etc pure guesswork .. apart from the temps which are accurate readings everything else is like Everton football..HIT N HOPE.

Missed you again today was in NK at Likhit restaurant was gonna buy you lunch n a beer but called and Fergie yer dog answered said you were busy having yer monthly bath...catch you next time.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 2, 2023, 8:10 pm

Missed you again today was in NK at Likhit restaurant was gonna buy you lunch n a beer but called and Fergie yer dog answered said you were busy ....Yes I Was Busy,Doing Something A LOT More Interesting.....I Was Cutting Me Grass....

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 2, 2023, 8:17 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 2, 2023, 8:00 pm

Alan my dear lilac loving friend .. for live rain forecasts use the TMD rain radar Khon Kaen which covers most of Isan .. very very accurate ..
green is heavy cloud or light rain
yellow is heavy rain
red is storm
Does blue mean a drought - likely to last 36+ years?

That would be a disaster. :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 2, 2023, 8:55 pm

I'd like to say we have definitely had some weather here 5km North of Udon ....... not sure what colour, but i'm certain it was weather

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 2, 2023, 9:05 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 2, 2023, 8:55 pm
I'd like to say we have definitely had some weather here 5km North of Udon ....... not sure what colour, but i'm certain it was weather
Dunno where your abode is Statto but if its on the run down East side im guessing you are talking about the green n yellow splodge thats moved further East now on the live rain radar link below...

https://weather.tmd.go.th/kknLoop.php

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 3, 2023, 2:42 pm

Sun still shining but noisy fon tok INCOMING here on the West side.. wind got up and the butterfly hatchlings are getting blow off quicker than you can say .. HORNPUB

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 3, 2023, 9:31 pm

hey mr statto .. check the live TMD rain radar below .. you may be able to grasp the colour coding info i posted.. currently having weather of a yellow and red splodge variety.

Hope that helps

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 4, 2023, 6:37 pm

Massive Thunderstorm on The Riviera Torrential Rain now for 45 Minutes & The Temp. Dropped from 39c to 34c.....1st Rain Here in 2 Weeks.....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 4, 2023, 7:43 pm

Nice drop of rain for about 30 mins early evening North of town ........ timed perfectly for me to avoid having to water the garden \:D/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 4, 2023, 9:36 pm

timed perfectly ......to keep me locked into Clit Place this afternoon .. place was ful'l to the gunnells of expat misquriaunts n renegdaes types.. sadly some sort of Autralian dancing was onthe teely ..chndged ti chinese table tnnis forthwith

loads of spellos rther folks 55555

Dm stil a rtad pissed

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 5, 2023, 10:02 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 4, 2023, 7:43 pm
Nice drop of rain for about 30 mins early evening North of town ........ timed perfectly for me to avoid having to water the garden \:D/
You LAZY Bugger !!! [-X [-X [-X :-" :-" :-"

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 5, 2023, 10:04 am

It Rained ALL Night on The Riviera & It's Still Raining Now at 10.00am......

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 6, 2023, 7:48 am

Indeed Alan seems a pattern is forming with the rain arriving late evening and overnight.

Cloudy morning nice temps , sunny afternoon then thunder showers eve n over night which is fine except the dogs bring in frogs whilst DM is snoozing and lay them out as a gift.

Its that time of the year again same same as far as the eye can see, day temps 29 to 31 overnight 23 - 25 every day a mix with a high percentage chance of thundershowers.

Hose pipes n watering cans can be stood at ease for those keen gardeners.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 6, 2023, 10:28 am

Had a " BIG " Wind Last Night about 23.00hrs ( No Not Me Fa****g ) Followed about 30 Minutes later with a Quick 15 Minute burst of Heavy Rain.....That was it for the Night.....

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » June 6, 2023, 8:35 pm

Well I'Ve heard of it raining cats and dogs but this morning after the nights heavy storms we had loads of frogs and two very much alive quite big fish wriggling on the grass which we quickly put into a bucket of water where one promptly laid loads of eggs. no idea where they came from we dont normally have any water in the garden, the wife has made merit resisting the temptation to eat them and putting the lot in the village lake, where they swam happily off .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2023, 8:50 am

Get yer wellies on...
UTH_wx_week25.jpg
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2023, 10:56 am

After the website being down for several weeks im pleased to say the very accurate TMD LIVE rain radar site is now back up and running .. very handy when planning a road trip to avoid heavy rain or saving money on showering indoors as one can time when the rain is arriving strip off lather up with protex shower soap for real men and cleanse ones body in the garden... thus saving money on both water and electric whilst giving the old dear next door a real treat.

As you can see below looks like we may have a decent splodge arriving this afternoon so my looffur and soap on a rope is standing by...as is the neighbor and all the rest of the WI ladies :roll:

DM

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 20, 2023, 5:11 pm

Car had to go swimming this morning getting in and out of the village for the school run, water nearly up to the door level. But everything drained away in time for the afternoon school run. Someone in Udon has got the khlongs all running smoothly.

Observation - ring road no problems at all, and the road itself still perfect - unlike the results of the annual resurfacing efforts done in the last decade.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”