Weather

General Udon Thani topics only!
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Weather

Post by FrazeeDK » January 28, 2023, 9:30 am

Cold weather is normally considered a natural disaster requiring the government to send out truckloads of blankets to dispense in sigiled bags to a grateful population. Leastwise that's what the news always shows. This year though, haven't seen a single news story showing that.

Dave

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 28, 2023, 11:09 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 27, 2023, 4:51 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
January 27, 2023, 4:29 pm
Whatever as I see yopu always post contradictory o myself no matter what the p[ost is about. Clinging to i speak for Udon attitude you had at Chern Chim.
Rather a strange post , not contradicting you KP, you been on the navy rations again or that time of the month just before pensions arrive ??..

i am simply stating what my thermometer reads and the TMD site i use has been quite accurate in relation to where we live NOT where you live ... nothing more nothing less.

I dont need to speak for Udon just comment on the things and people as i find them.

DM
I dont need to speak for Udon just comment on the things and people as i find them. .....Yes,YOU Do & They can be Very Abrasive at times, Very Much like the 11c We Had last Night.....Very CHILLY For Here,But O.K. For SCUNTHORPE Yeah !!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 28, 2023, 11:12 am

Well knowing that the TMD take their temps from a Udon thani Airp[ort location, which is wide open and in line with the valley coming from KK , those on the other side etc will get different temps.
Topography has a lot to do with temperatures etc as does the wind direction , most of the prevailing wind comes from a NNE direction in my location .
but having said that it is certainly warmer by one/three degrees than the same time approx 10 years ago .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 28, 2023, 1:17 pm

747man wrote:
January 28, 2023, 11:09 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 27, 2023, 4:51 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
January 27, 2023, 4:29 pm
Whatever as I see yopu always post contradictory o myself no matter what the p[ost is about. Clinging to i speak for Udon attitude you had at Chern Chim.
Rather a strange post , not contradicting you KP, you been on the navy rations again or that time of the month just before pensions arrive ??..

i am simply stating what my thermometer reads and the TMD site i use has been quite accurate in relation to where we live NOT where you live ... nothing more nothing less.

I dont need to speak for Udon just comment on the things and people as i find them.

DM
I dont need to speak for Udon just comment on the things and people as i find them. .....Yes,YOU Do & They can be Very Abrasive at times, Very Much like the 11c We Had last Night.....Very CHILLY For Here,But O.K. For SCUNTHORPE Yeah !!!
OOOrrrrrrr I know your very sensitive Alan .. in your own semi literate way but your postings on the footy threads are as abrasive .....just for the record ..who rattled your cage on this subject get back in the dog house ..

btw not a clue of temps n weather in Scunny ..oh and the crisps are still in TOPS ok !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 28, 2023, 1:27 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 28, 2023, 11:12 am
Well knowing that the TMD take their temps from a Udon thani Airp[ort location, which is wide open and in line with the valley coming from KK , those on the other side etc will get different temps.
Topography has a lot to do with temperatures etc as does the wind direction , most of the prevailing wind comes from a NNE direction in my location .
but having said that it is certainly warmer by one/three degrees than the same time approx 10 years ago .
The TMD main station is in KK and their rain radar website which is also very accurate has KK as its center point ..therefore there might be some question mark how accurate their Udon forecasting is including high n low temps , im assuming temperature is way more easy to predict then rain etc as can be easily read/measured at any time in any place and sent to the forecasters .

Temps both high n low also vary from inner city to the ring road and further out in the more rural villages, we are now located further out on the Westside than our previous location but not by much yet its definately a lot quieter and chillier at night n early mornings .. last night 7pm to 11pm there was a moderate wind which was most certainly chilly.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 28, 2023, 3:03 pm

Agree TMD is based in KK , however they have collecting building in Udon Airport facility assisting the RTAF with their Weather needs .
Does no really matter as normally TMD weather predictions are so iffy and buty, that they err on the side of caution, They lump Udon with KK, Loei, NK, etc as NE whish weather wise is total nonsense. `

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 28, 2023, 3:13 pm

ACCU weather is the worst .. pure guesswork.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 28, 2023, 6:05 pm

It was 8 with a strong wind last night up in the hills by Rongkla. Even with a tuque, warm jacket and sweatshirt, the cold just went right through you. The floors were cold as ice. The only saving grace was a warm shower. And, the sunrise this morning was amazing.

There are many strawberry farms up there in Hmong country...churches too.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 28, 2023, 6:34 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 28, 2023, 9:30 am
Cold weather is normally considered a natural disaster requiring the government to send out truckloads of blankets to dispense in sigiled bags to a grateful population. Leastwise that's what the news always shows. This year though, haven't seen a single news story showing that.
I've seen occasional stories......this one, from the red cross
https://nbtworld.prd.go.th/th/news/deta ... 4212902159

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 28, 2023, 7:02 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 28, 2023, 6:05 pm
It was 8 with a strong wind last night up in the hills by Rongkla. Even with a tuque, warm jacket and sweatshirt, the cold just went right through you. The floors were cold as ice. The only saving grace was a warm shower.
Character building.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 28, 2023, 7:26 pm

True, but I had hoped that once I landed in Thailand from British North America the days of cold temperatures would become a distant memory. Nan is on the agenda for the next few days if we can get out of Uttaradit. My wife picked up something she ate from a restaurant in Nakhon Thai this afternoon.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 28, 2023, 7:38 pm

An opportunity for you to pop down the market and buy yourself a cardy; suitable attire for the weather and and all that. Auntie Tilo can recover over the next few hours.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 28, 2023, 7:48 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 28, 2023, 7:26 pm
True, but I had hoped that once I landed in Thailand from British North America the days of cold temperatures would become a distant memory. Nan is on the agenda for the next few days if we can get out of Uttaradit. My wife picked up something she ate from a restaurant in Nakhon Thai this afternoon.
According to my sauce up there Nan is very cold at the mo... misty foggy morning and a touch of ground frost , woollies n long Johns required

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 28, 2023, 8:44 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 28, 2023, 7:48 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 28, 2023, 7:26 pm
According to my sauce up there Nan is very cold at the mo... misty foggy morning and a touch of ground frost , woollies n long Johns required

DM
And YOU Say I'm ILLITERATE !! What SAUCE Is That HP or Heinz ?? It's SOURCE Get it Right You ILLITERATE Scunny Follower !!.....................555 !!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 29, 2023, 7:01 am

I smile when I see statements from posters about being cold,after over 20 years residence here, 20 degrees is cool, 15 degrees is chilly, 10 or lower is Very cold requiring long johns, SOCKS ( sacre bleu ), shoes or trainers and maybe even a scarf and a 3.5 tog quilt, not yet used the 9.0 tog quilt !!!!!!!!!!

As yet not got to SOCK wearing, it is NOT very cold but I have noticed that the house although retaining the daily sun heat is colder as it is NOT heating up as much during the day.

last nght and this AM, not as cold as forecasted !!!!!!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 29, 2023, 10:16 am

Nice and cool and breezy in Pattaya this morning.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 29, 2023, 10:41 am

tamada wrote:
January 29, 2023, 10:16 am
Nice and cool and breezy in Pattaya this morning.
And thats only in the hotel room eh Jammy ??

6am a stiff nipple 11 degrees at my location .. 14 at 8;30 and now 19 at 10;45.. a crsip chilly wind

Cooler tonight n tomorrow possibly single digits in the boonnies

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 29, 2023, 8:22 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 28, 2023, 7:38 pm
An opportunity for you to pop down the market and buy yourself a cardy; suitable attire for the weather and and all that. Auntie Tilo can recover over the next few hours.
It's not Auntie or even Mrs. Tilo. She prefers her own name over adopting a Norman surname. Thus, she is 'first name' Promsakha (Brahma) na (of) Sakon Nakhon.

Anyway she recovered somewhat from her illness and we have visited Wats in Uttaradit, Si Satchanalai and Old Sukothai. Old Sukhothai is a pleasant 14 degrees this evening.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 30, 2023, 6:47 am

Khun Paul wrote:
January 29, 2023, 7:01 am
I smile when I see statements from posters about being cold,after over 20 years residence here, 20 degrees is cool, 15 degrees is chilly, 10 or lower is Very cold requiring long johns, SOCKS ( sacre bleu ), shoes or trainers and maybe even a scarf and a 3.5 tog quilt, not yet used the 9.0 tog quilt !!!!!!!!!!

As yet not got to SOCK wearing, it is NOT very cold but I have noticed that the house although retaining the daily sun heat is colder as it is NOT heating up as much during the day.

last nght and this AM, not as cold as forecasted !!!!!!!!!!!
Got your long johns on this morning KP?

All devices at the tam household show either 10 or 50.

Levis, t-shirt, long sleeve fleecy shirt, socks, walking shoes and a Accrington Stanley beanie this morning.

Great day to restart the great Oodorn lake cycling fitness regimen... except every bugger and their dog has a wee bonfire going and it's bloody awful out there.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 30, 2023, 7:58 am

Correction! The oldest lads phone said it was 9 at 07:00 which is the usual dip just after sunrise.

He had a WFT?! comment at the traffic lights as most scooter riders were well wrapped up but one couple looked like the took the Pooh Bear duvet with them!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”