Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Weather

Post by Khun Paul » January 30, 2023, 8:38 am

tamada wrote:
January 30, 2023, 6:47 am
Khun Paul wrote:
January 29, 2023, 7:01 am
I smile when I see statements from posters about being cold,after over 20 years residence here, 20 degrees is cool, 15 degrees is chilly, 10 or lower is Very cold requiring long johns, SOCKS ( sacre bleu ), shoes or trainers and maybe even a scarf and a 3.5 tog quilt, not yet used the 9.0 tog quilt !!!!!!!!!!

As yet not got to SOCK wearing, it is NOT very cold but I have noticed that the house although retaining the daily sun heat is colder as it is NOT heating up as much during the day.

last nght and this AM, not as cold as forecasted !!!!!!!!!!!
Got your long johns on this morning KP?

All devices at the tam household show either 10 or 50.

Levis, t-shirt, long sleeve fleecy shirt, socks, walking shoes and a Accrington Stanley beanie this morning.

Great day to restart the great Oodorn lake cycling fitness regimen... except every bugger and their dog has a wee bonfire going and it's bloody awful out there.
No !

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 30, 2023, 8:40 am

Down to a scrotum tightening coffee steaming 10 at our location at 5;08 am... currently reading 13 and rising as the sun has come out to play.

Possibly last few days of overnight early morning lows for this season as from Thursday back up in the 20s..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 30, 2023, 8:59 am

14 last 2 mornings at baan Rick. Coldest for about 8 years.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 30, 2023, 11:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 30, 2023, 8:40 am
Down to a scrotum tightening coffee steaming 10 at our location at 5;08 am... currently reading 13 and rising as the sun has come out to play.

Possibly last few days of overnight early morning lows for this season as from Thursday back up in the 20s..

DM
as the sun has come out to play.......Can YOU Please Go & Play on it.....

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 30, 2023, 3:50 pm

OMG WEseem to have A lot of Wimps and whingers talking about the weather. YES the temperature has dropped for longer than last year , but most of us being TRAINED can adjust, adapt and stay warm without bunng the airwayves with nosensical rubbish

The only really downside is the homestead is losing temerature overall and therefore slippers and a sleeping suit is a requirement in the late evenings if watching the TV . Apart from that nothing really different.

Daytime temps rising to low Thirties with a promise of rain in small quantitiies starting the beginnng of next month with overnight temps staying in the high teens to low twenties forecasted until almost mid February.

So the old and infirm and those suffering from an abundance of wimpishness can rest now it will warm up before the weekend....hahaha

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 30, 2023, 4:06 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 30, 2023, 3:50 pm
OMG WEseem to have A lot of Wimps and whingers talking about the weather. YES the temperature has dropped for longer than last year , but most of us being TRAINED can adjust, adapt and stay warm without bunng the airwayves with nosensical rubbish

The only really downside is the homestead is losing temerature overall and therefore slippers and a sleeping suit is a requirement in the late evenings if watching the TV . Apart from that nothing really different.

Daytime temps rising to low Thirties with a promise of rain in small quantitiies starting the beginnng of next month with overnight temps staying in the high teens to low twenties forecasted until almost mid February.

So the old and infirm and those suffering from an abundance of wimpishness can rest now it will warm up before the weekend....hahaha
Not seeing any real whinges or complaints on the thread KP just chit chat n comments .. i for one would like this weather all year round (imagine the saving on AC alone} alas mother nature the flora n forna needs its rainfall , , fear not soon be red hot n sweaty April n May.

Dao commented that one of her Thai CS buddies who follows the weather keenly said this year the hot hot season would not happen with it remaining cool until ...AUGUST until the rains arrive , find that one hard to believe.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 30, 2023, 4:30 pm

We forget that ALL Weather is cyclical , over decades or centuries . Mother nature has a way unknown to us mere mortals of correcting mishaps, earthquakes and the subsequent upheaval of the weaher systems caused by such events . May take a few years to rectify or even a decade or two but it will sort itself out .
Adjusting and living with the changes is an ongoing exercise we must overcome to continue to live while lessening the impact our species causes !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 30, 2023, 4:54 pm

KP in his onesie and slippers...that would be a picture, no?

Oh, here we go.
Screenshot_20230130-165221~2.png
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 30, 2023, 5:24 pm

tamada wrote:
January 30, 2023, 4:54 pm

Oh, here we go.
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

More worryingly how did you come to have the said pic of KP .. both being semen over an evening of hide the sausage and submariner n friggots chit chat perhaps ?? ..

a musical interlude .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh_i7nZT_Qs

They dont make classics like that anymore :lol: :lol:

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 31, 2023, 7:30 am

tamada wrote:
January 30, 2023, 4:54 pm

Oh, here we go.
Not even close, purchased two two p[iece sleeping suits in the UK some years ago, use when it gets a tad nippy at night. last time had a onesie was about 73 years ago.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 31, 2023, 12:37 pm

Last night n this morning chilliest yet at my location as my thermometer measured a low of 9 at 5:30 am when out on the road twS foggy as,well ..

Now a tad higher as the truck is saying 25 .. in Saraburi.

DM

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 31, 2023, 1:01 pm

10C near the horse racing course at 8AM. Likely 9C before 7AM
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 2, 2023, 8:23 pm

Bit warmer today. Had to ditch the fleecy, long sleeved shirt before lunch. Yai predicts 25% rain tomorrow, 50% on Saturday and 30% on Sunday. I asked her if this was her Isaan farmer know-how and weather-lore prediction but she said no, it was on the telly.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 2, 2023, 8:32 pm

Khun Michael Pla no doubt

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 3, 2023, 7:17 am

tamada wrote:
February 2, 2023, 8:23 pm
Bit warmer today. Had to ditch the fleecy, long sleeved shirt before lunch. Yai predicts 25% rain tomorrow, 50% on Saturday and 30% on Sunday. I asked her if this was her Isaan farmer know-how and weather-lore prediction but she said no, it was on the telly.
Yep noted that, 0.2 mm of rain is not exactly rain more a sprinkle 11

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 3, 2023, 8:14 am

defo a bit warmer ..20 here at 6am , dull cloudy and the TMD rain radar showing a few green splodges around so maybe a light shower at some point .

Hope we havent seen the last of the chilly weather for this year .. maybe one more cold snap ????

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 3, 2023, 1:03 pm

tamada wrote:
February 2, 2023, 8:23 pm
Yai was spot on .......... pissin down Norf of town :lol:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 5, 2023, 2:27 pm

Last 36 hours a pleasant amount of precipitation to water the garden has occurred raising the Humidity Index but lowering the Air Pollution ( for those that worry about that )
Little wind hence it is all hanging around on and off drizzle over the last couple of hours.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 5, 2023, 2:32 pm

Then it's off with the sandals and on with the wellies.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 5, 2023, 2:49 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
February 5, 2023, 2:27 pm
Last 36 hours a pleasant amount of precipitation to water the garden has occurred raising the Humidity Index but lowering the Air Pollution ( for those that worry about that )
Little wind hence it is all hanging around on and off drizzle over the last couple of hours.
DM was up at stupid oclock and it was raining on n off from 2am .. then persistent rain at the more reasonable hour of 5-6am , dont measure rain but temp was 21 at 6am , Jack n Jill did a wazz n a whoopsee in the garden n back to bed same DM til 830 ..

After a recent illness staring to feel a tad better .. staying off the piss n taking my meds as instructed by the Army hospital i can start to think about getting some jobs done including my garden landscape design which is based around not giving a fig about the weather and will be as maintenance free as possible as the plan stands.

Last of this rain seems to have moved away and the TMD rain radar is clear from this evening ... over cast n cloudy then back to dry with some hotter days mid 30s (possibly as high as 37) and early 20s overnight .. SMASHING my fleece lined Y fronts can be steam cleaned and put away for next year ...or can they??? maybe one more cold snap ..please [-o<

DM

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”