Selling Auto Feedback

General Udon Thani topics only!
BluSliver60
udonmap.com

Selling Auto Feedback

Post by BluSliver60 » May 6, 2018, 1:44 pm

I own a 2011 Kia Picanto purchased new from Udon Kia Dealer for 499000 Baht. I am considering selling this auto. It has 31872 original kilometers (19804 miles) I only drive it to run errands in and around Udon. I live Amphoe Phen. I plan to place an ad in the Classified section of UdonMap and other boards.

The reason for the sale is, I want to purchase a new 2019 car. When I place ad I will include photos of exterior, interior and motor. I do say the car is in excellent shape.

Everything is original except tires ( 4 new Firestone ) purchased January 2018. Has 4 free rotations every 10000 kms and I replaced the battery 1 year ago, new wind shield wipers. The Kia has A1 insurance from Liberty mutual and a supplemental policy from Bangkok Public which runs through November 2018.

The car has been dealer maintained, oil & filter, air con filters, and windshield wipers with mileage documented. I hope to sell for 275000 Baht. I am asking if this is a fair price to ask for a car that is in very good driving condition and has been well maintained? I take the car to car wash at Big C every 2 weeks clean interior and exterior. The motor is steamed cleaned every 2 months.

I ask because there is no fair market price to compare like the Blue Book in America. Used car dealers are a rip off, they buy low and sell high. It appears they only want to purchase used cars that are Honda or Toyota. I always traded my car-in when purchasing a new auto every 5 years in the states. There is no such thing here in Thailand that I am aware off. And I am aware Thais for the most part, want to buy a Honda or Toyota because of the high resell value.

Therefore, I would appreciate feedback because I do not want to maintain 2 cars.
Thank you in advance

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Selling Auto Feedback

Post by Barney » May 6, 2018, 3:50 pm

BlueSliver60

A starting price gauge for a fair price would be what the insurance company insures it for and will pay out. At least that's some where to start.
Last edited by Barney on May 6, 2018, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » May 6, 2018, 4:55 pm

steamed cleaned engines are red flags...kind of like just charged ac.....what and why was it leaking? I have seen Mia on some of the worst car, ever lists. Check engine lights?

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 6, 2018, 5:08 pm

Hi BluSilver,

Sounds like you have looked after the car well, which is a big bonus for the next buyer but unfortunately doesn't mean you can expect much more money for it, just an easier sale.

2011 was the change over year from the old shape to the new shape. Is yours the new shape?

Regarding prices I always check out taladrod to find the latest prices the same models are selling for.
Here is the page with a search for Kia Picanto
http://taladrod.com/w30/iSch/SchC.aspx? ... +gr:b+gs:n

As you can see the new shape models are going for just over 200K for 2012 models and the old shape ones less than 200K.

Good luck with the sale. :D

BluSliver60
udonmap.com

Post by BluSliver60 » May 7, 2018, 8:25 am

Hi thank you for the information and reply. The car is the new shape and new engine 1.248 cc (2011) I would think the low mileage adds value. The reason for steam cleaning the engine is because of the fine dirt on the roads and everywhere else in Udon, I don't want the dirt to accumulate. When in the states, I have owned many cars over the years my last 5 cars were Hondas and the one thing I have learned is; if you take good care of the cars they will take good care of you i.e. reliability.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 7, 2018, 11:28 am

thighlander wrote:
May 6, 2018, 4:55 pm
steamed cleaned engines are red flags...kind of like just charged ac.....what and why was it leaking? I have seen Mia on some of the worst car, ever lists. Check engine lights?
What complete rubbish, it shows an owner who takes good care of his car.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » May 7, 2018, 4:19 pm

can cause even more electrical problems than anything Korean already has....https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post ... tm?t=22073

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » May 7, 2018, 4:27 pm

and this one....add the word "Thai" to the part about a kid with a pressure washer and a fan of degreaser at the dealership....https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-d ... le4598270/

and care to show me any owners manual that recommends it as a part of regular maintenance?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 7, 2018, 6:18 pm

BlueSilver60, I sent you a PM.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » May 8, 2018, 4:20 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 7, 2018, 6:18 pm
BlueSilver60, I sent you a PM.
Hi I changed my user password back to my original one when I was using windows. I recently switched to iMac and I changed it to BluSilver 60. Today I was having a problem with the iMac so I called service, make a long story short all my passwords got wiped out. So I hope you can send the PM to Lonetraveler Thank you

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » May 8, 2018, 4:26 pm

minimiglia wrote:
May 7, 2018, 11:28 am
thighlander wrote:
May 6, 2018, 4:55 pm
What complete rubbish, it shows an owner who takes good care of his car.

I agree, It is rubbish. I have been steam cleaning my Kia since I bought it in 2011, never had the problems you are suggesting. The car wash at big C are very good at what they do. Also, I used to clean the engine when I was in the states and again never a problem therefore, I do not know why the quoted bm is so negative concerning this topic.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”