hotel pool .

General Udon Thani topics only!
timmy
udonmap.com

hotel pool .

Post by timmy » June 6, 2018, 10:16 am

a mate was over from u.k last week and stopped at a hotel he,d not used before , I myself had stopped there about 12 years back and was fine nice big swimming pool , its since had a big refurb and the pool redone , well I went for an afternoon swim with them and I don't know if any of " you " can beat this but it must be 1 of the worst designed and dangerous pool I,ve seen .. it still a biggish pool but about 5 foot 4 inch deep ALL of it, so NO shallow end and NO steps anywhere to get out of the pool , ive NEVER seen any other pool like it , while there a elderly farang couple had to shout a waiter to put a plastic chair in the pool to help them get out .

not sure about rules for naming the hotel , maybe some of you have been there yourselves ….

747man
udonmap.com

Re: hotel pool .

Post by 747man » June 6, 2018, 10:56 am

timmy wrote:
June 6, 2018, 10:16 am
a mate was over from u.k last week and stopped at a hotel he,d not used before , I myself had stopped there about 12 years back and was fine nice big swimming pool , its since had a big refurb and the pool redone , well I went for an afternoon swim with them and I don't know if any of " you " can beat this but it must be 1 of the worst designed and dangerous pool I,ve seen .. it still a biggish pool but about 5 foot 4 inch deep ALL of it, so NO shallow end and NO steps anywhere to get out of the pool , ive NEVER seen any other pool like it , while there a elderly farang couple had to shout a waiter to put a plastic chair in the pool to help them get out .

not sure about rules for naming the hotel , maybe some of you have been there yourselves ….
So Basically Just a Big Hole in the ground & Filled with Water :shock: :shock:

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » June 6, 2018, 3:16 pm

I would still be in the pool now with no steps to get out although on the plus side at least it was deep enough to swim in I know the pool at the biggest hotel in udon is about 3 feet tops allround

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 6, 2018, 7:06 pm

The Siam Grand Hotel on Ring Road opposite Big-C on Nittayo Road has an excellent pool. The shallow end is maybe 1 meter and the deepest end is perhaps 1.5 meters. There are plenty of step-ladders to use for getting in and out of the pool, and there is also a kiddie pool attached. It's a great pool for doing laps and it stays open until 8 PM. Showers, toilets and change rooms are free, and the price for swimming is only 60 baht per day. Buy 10 tickets and get one for free. My wife and I love it there, especially in the evenings. It's never crowded so we have the pool practically to ourselves. You can see the pool on the following link:

http://www.siamgrandhotel.com/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2018, 6:24 am

Yes the Siam Grand is our pool of choice too, the only downside is that its very open and there’s not many places to hide from the sun, they do loan sun umbrellas but youre forever moving them because theyre quite small. The best i’ve come across in Udon so far. The food here is very good and quite reasonably priced if you make a day of it.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 7, 2018, 7:38 am

semperfiguy wrote:
June 6, 2018, 7:06 pm
The Siam Grand Hotel . . .
I agree.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » June 7, 2018, 9:55 am

Can we have the name of the hotel with this dangerous pool, in the interests of public safety. Thanks.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » June 7, 2018, 10:13 am

Its opposite the old " western bar " that's just been refurbed ...

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » June 7, 2018, 11:31 am

Napalai

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 7, 2018, 1:56 pm

TIT.
Attachments
Pool 3.jpg

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » June 7, 2018, 3:40 pm

mak wrote:
June 7, 2018, 1:56 pm
TIT.
that's the 1 Mak , can you see the problem ...

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”