Brexit and Leadership.

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Brexit and Leadership.

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2018, 2:09 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 8, 2018, 1:22 am
I actualy saw the Theresa May dance collection video this evening ,,,one can only hope shes a better mover n groover in the house of commons then she was jiving with those *****.. sooner she goes n Boris or Nigel Farage (not Jezza Corbyn please) moves in NO 10 the better , but im guessing they are all to dancing what the SPL is to world football .. meaningless.

Disclaimer ... I may be wrong
amended above

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 8, 2018, 3:11 pm

But still better than Scunthorpe any day of the week, better to give up football than support them or I guess already have given up.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 9, 2018, 8:34 pm

Ayup, the snowflakes are out early this Autumn.

Sajid Javid rebukes Boris Johnson over Brexit 'suicide vest' jibe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... vest-jibe/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 11:05 am

tamada wrote:
September 9, 2018, 8:34 pm
Ayup, the snowflakes are out early this Autumn.

Sajid Javid rebukes Boris Johnson over Brexit 'suicide vest' jibe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... vest-jibe/
Looks like it's gathering momentum with some MSM now interviewing survivors of the Manchester Arena bombing. The May government's press relations people must have been working overtime on the blower to editors through the day and night to get this shockingly gratuitous deflection promoted.

Although BoJo is a clown and not really fit for (any) purpose, I find his suicide vest and detonator analogy quite apropos. Pretty sure if an Israeli politico used the same analogy, nobody would bat an eyelid. So even if Boris has properly ---- in his Prime Ministerial aspiration nest, I reckon he's right on this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -jibe.html

"Tom Tugendhat, chairman of the Commons foreign affairs committee, savaged Mr Johnson’s intervention and told him to grow up.

‘A suicide bomber murdered many in the courtyard of my office in Helmand,’ said the former Army officer. ‘The carnage was disgusting, limbs and flesh hanging from trees and bushes.'

I wonder if Tugendhat or the MP's for West Midlands and Greater London constituencies also find the appended way too disgusting an analogy?
bts.jpg
ASDA Shirley

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2018, 12:07 pm

And the hits just keep on comin'...

Leaked Tory dossier reveals secret plan to replace Theresa May in April and ranks her possible successors...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... eresa-may/
Hobson's Choice.jpeg
Lord help us!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 20, 2018, 12:20 pm

The problem with this list is that it doesn't include the wishes of the party members who will ultimately vote in the new party leader and although he's not favoured by the party elite, JRM is way ahead of BJ with grassroot voters who in the main see Boris as a clumsy buffoon who lacks any sense of decorum. IF he'll stand its JRM for me by a country mile.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2018, 12:35 pm

Nice to see Barnier picking through the rather obvious bones of the JRM-led European Research Group's recommendations on how relatively simple logistics management can make a post-Brexit Irish border both EU and UK Customs-friendly while not imperiling the enduring peace process. Mind you, I reckon having a sitting government in Stormont would go a long way towards that latter aspect. However, with the DUP as another leg on the already wobbly Tory milking stool, I am not surprised at the reticence of either party in moving towards addressing the primary reason behind the collapse of the NI Executive. I guess that suits Arlene just right.

Anyway, I digress...

"Most checks could take place away from the border and ports,..."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 43906.html

Not so nice to see the Governor of the BoE talking housing price crash if there's no deal but then pulls a claimed £16 billion windfall out of his snap-frozen Yank ass if we all embrace Chequers. I wonder what color of bus he plans tootling around the country in?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2018, 12:57 pm

vincemunday wrote:
September 20, 2018, 12:20 pm
The problem with this list is that it doesn't include the wishes of the party members who will ultimately vote in the new party leader and although he's not favoured by the party elite, JRM is way ahead of BJ with grassroot voters who in the main see Boris as a clumsy buffoon who lacks any sense of decorum. IF he'll stand its JRM for me by a country mile.
You're right and the Telegraph, where I lifted the picture from, have handily edited out the lower part which is labeled 'Candidates ex-Cabinet' which if 'ex-' means former, it would be those who have already been blackened in previous, flawed May administrations? If 'ex-' means all those outside the cabinet and all the back-benchers then of course it would unhelpfully (for them) illuminate JRM's rising star.

It's a pity that the 1922 Committee is the arbiter of change and the popular vote is rather diminished by having to chose someone who only they think is fit for purpose.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 20, 2018, 4:37 pm

With JRM's popularity at an all time high they'd be hard pressed and perhaps rather foolish to overlook him but politics is anything but straight forward as we well know.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 20, 2018, 5:40 pm

I don't think at this stage it matters who is in charge so to speak there are huge divisions on Brexit and no way one person can bridge the gaps and unite the house. I don't think anyone thought this out carefully enough and the British people were badly misled.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 20, 2018, 6:02 pm

I disagree, as they say in America, it's not over till the fat lady sings, a lot of people, including me, would be far happier with JRM at the helm during these closing stages.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 21, 2018, 6:55 pm

TM had here Chequers ass handed to her by the EU in Salzburg. Just 2 weeks to go to the party conference as well.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 21, 2018, 7:12 pm

dunroaming wrote:
September 20, 2018, 5:40 pm
the British people were badly misled.
Agree. Very poor leadership all around. The insecurities and myriad foibles of the hapless British are showing through the seams. They don't seem to grasp that the world has moved on without them.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 21, 2018, 9:02 pm

giggle don't quote me I would beat you to within an inch of your life if I knew who you were, you hide within a computer but in the real world u would run, you can always pm me to meet in person!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 21, 2018, 10:22 pm

Paul, don't fret it with this plum, he's like so many other keyboard warriors that ain't worth spit.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 22, 2018, 12:27 am

Giggle wrote:
September 21, 2018, 7:12 pm
dunroaming wrote:
Agree. Very poor leadership all around. The insecurities and myriad foibles of the hapless British are showing through the seams. They don't seem to grasp that the world has moved on without them.
dunroaming wrote:
September 21, 2018, 9:02 pm
giggle don't quote me I would beat you to within an inch of your life if I knew who you were, you hide within a computer but in the real world u would run, you can always pm me to meet in person!
Giggle ..Poor choice or things to say ,,sir , im sure you think you are being amusing or "alternate" , is life that empty that you have to sit in home alone n constantly click the UM / UT refresh icon ?? ,, alas most members both on UT and UT are now fully aware of your many usernames and constant shitstirring postings ,, U REALLY AR R A SAD FOOK .

Moving on ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 22, 2018, 11:18 am

Giggle wrote:
September 21, 2018, 7:12 pm
dunroaming wrote:
Ah yes, Giggle,... the thinking man's turd.

Fear Rua
udonmap.com

Post by Fear Rua » September 22, 2018, 2:51 pm

I’m from Ireland and when I was growing up there was a heavily militarised border to the next major city. Twenty years ago it changed almost overnight by the signing of an international treaty known as the Good Friday Agreement and our economy exploded (in a good way) as a result. Everyone has been happily getting along since more-or-less.

Brexit will break that international treaty and Brexiters like Jacob Rees-Mogg suggest the Irish border could be observed as it was during “the troubles”. Oh My F***ing God!

The Irish border issue is not a trivial EU negotiating tool. It’s a very real threat to peace and stability in Ireland and the UK.

Keep calm and carry on. :shock:

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 22, 2018, 4:06 pm

Theresa May demands respect from EU over Brexit as pound falls

"Theresa May has accused the European Union of not treating the UK with respect in a deliberately combative address that prompted a sharp fall in the pound amid fears that it made a no deal Brexit more likely.

Twenty-four hours after her Salzburg humiliation, the prime minister gave a hastily arranged televised Downing Street statement in an effort to reassert herself.

Going on the offensive, she blamed EU leaders for the “impasse” in negotiations, a phrase that spooked the currency markets and led sterling to fall 1.5% against the dollar, its biggest one day drop this year."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... gotiations

Mayday! Theresa, my dear, even you should know you cannot demand respect. You must earn it. You haven't, dozy cow, and are getting the push back you so richly deserve. You might be afforded more respect if you carried out the wishes of the voters and hadn't turned this issue into a political Gordian knot. Inept leadership here on display for the world to laugh at.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 22, 2018, 4:40 pm

You fail to say whether you are from Eire or Northern Ireland but as far as I can tell in the death there are only three options, one is a border where the EU can monitor for any duty due, the second option is Theresa May’s option where there is an element of cooperation between the EU and the UK and duty is collected and paid on trust using new tech and random checks for compliance and a third option which is a United Ireland and a customs border in the Irish Sea.... which I doubt will happen in the near future if ever, unless of course you can think of a different way? I’m very interested which scenario you favour?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”