Brexit and Leadership.

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Brexit and Leadership.

Post by vincemunday » October 1, 2018, 7:22 am

How distressing that I actually agree with the second (maybe third) biggest plank on here. The transition to WTO should have been methodical and straight forward but what we have is a complete pigs ear of a job being rolled out by our increasingly incompetent MP's regardless of whether they are remain or leave and on the basis we the voter are sitting back and letting it happen, I agree, we deserve it.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 1, 2018, 12:13 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 30, 2018, 3:31 pm
vincemunday wrote:
September 30, 2018, 2:46 pm
What has the Aussies treatment of the indigenous population of Australia got to do with anything?
It's called deflection. Anything to salve the wounds.
FOAD

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 1, 2018, 12:15 pm

Giggle wrote:
October 1, 2018, 1:41 am
It's a **** sandwich. You're jammed either way. Your hubris doesn't allow you to see this.

You deserve it.
DJT has way, way more hubris.

YOU deserve it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 1, 2018, 12:17 pm

vincemunday wrote:
September 30, 2018, 5:39 pm
Copy and paste as much as you like, the deciding factor and continuation of protestants in Ireland was the battle of the Boyne end of, of course as usual I'm sure you know more than the historians. You're childish as well dim, always a little jibe, seriously waste your drivel on someone who actually gives a toss.
A yes,.. tossing. Now we can see where you're cumming from.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 1, 2018, 12:52 pm

Ah... the usual childish response, well done, did you think of that one all by yourself? It comes to something when I get more sense out of the village idiot and giggle, I shall have to unblock NTVL, he's beginning to look quite interesting aside you. What was really funny there were a couple discussions on Friday about the great irrelevants and outright rude people on UM and you got mentioned in both, congratulations!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 1, 2018, 1:21 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 1, 2018, 12:52 pm
Ah... the usual childish response, well done, did you think of that one all by yourself? It comes to something when I get more sense out of the village idiot and giggle, I shall have to unblock NTVL, he's beginning to look quite interesting aside you. What was really funny there were a couple discussions on Friday about the great irrelevants and outright rude people on UM and you got mentioned in both, congratulations!
I am not too distressed that I may be cast into some puerile 'friends' and 'enemies' social media pigeonhole so do your worst. Your perpetual, dated and cliched responses in both formal posts and personal responses is well noted, so lets just say it 'goes with the territory' eh?

Friday night and the last thing we were discussing was who's irrelevant or rude on rather parochial internet forums but whatever turns your crank.

vince, it's perfectly OK if you need the social crutch of being able to block and unblock people on an anonymous internet forums. A bit lame maybe but perfectly OK.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » October 1, 2018, 4:35 pm

"about the great irrelevants and outright rude people on UM and you got mentioned in both, congratulations!"

Us old timers who've been here a loooong time in Udon province and rarely post on this forum anymore, take the above as a compliment and badge of honour....

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 1, 2018, 5:38 pm

At last Raab talks tough with the EU, There's hope yet it would seem, its beginning to look like we're being prepared for a no deal Brexit with everyone starting to blame EU intransigence for the lack of progress.

No deal Brexit? EU may leave UK with 'no choice', says Dominic Raab - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45700833

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 1, 2018, 11:56 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 1, 2018, 5:38 pm
At last Raab talks tough with the EU, There's hope yet it would seem, its beginning to look like we're being prepared for a no deal Brexit with everyone starting to blame EU intransigence for the lack of progress.

No deal Brexit? EU may leave UK with 'no choice', says Dominic Raab - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45700833
Agreed and it appears the bright young(er) man with one helluva weight on his shoulders as the BBC's badly worded "Minister responsible for Brexit" is voicing pretty much the same concerns as his predecessor.

'We need a more robust approach': David Davis unleashes criticism of Brexit negotiations

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... -handling/

With the EU collectively burying the huge financial impact of a hard or no-deal Brexit on their members, it may well come down to who blinks first and Raab's hard eye and straight talk is much preferred to May's fluttering eyelashes and warbling.

In other news, the man recently suggested as most likely to replace May in the event of a Tory putsch has shot himself a little bit in the foot.

UK foreign secretary rouses EU ire over Soviet jibe

https://www.ft.com/content/37e91bce-c58 ... 353379f7c2

Not only has he ruffled EU feathers, some Home Office mandarins are suggesting his comments are woefully off the mark.

Meanwhile in other news, BoJo and Hammond joust for Twitter likes...

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 2, 2018, 6:52 am

Unbelievably there is genuine shock among some Conservatives that the DUP are pushing back hard against the back stop plan, they've made it clear all along that they won't allow a border down the Irish sea and effectively that's what back stop gives them, TM mustn't forget that she's dependent on their support in parliament on everything not just Brexit and has to take their views into consideration. Phillip Hammond the arch remainer gave his speech at the conference to a half empty hall, not even the PM turned up which must have smarted, you sort of get the idea he's become very unpopular with the mainstream due to his undying love and support for chequers. Boris speaks later today and will apparently use the opportunity to show he is worthy of premiership, too little too late me thinks.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 2, 2018, 7:38 pm

Moody's warn that the EU remains very vulnerable and that they aren't in the best place to handle an economic down turn.

Europe 'not ready to cope' with a new financial crisis, experts warn
http://news.sky.com/story/europe-not-re ... s-11515191

Fear Rua
udonmap.com

Post by Fear Rua » October 6, 2018, 2:45 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/worl ... ubles.html

50 years ago. What kind of fools would let this happen again?

Zico
udonmap.com

Post by Zico » October 6, 2018, 6:49 am

vincemunday wrote:
October 2, 2018, 7:38 pm
Moody's warn that the EU remains very vulnerable and that they aren't in the best place to handle an economic down turn.

Europe 'not ready to cope' with a new financial crisis, experts warn
http://news.sky.com/story/europe-not-re ... s-11515191
No disrespect but you are talking out your ass. :D

Zico
udonmap.com

Post by Zico » October 6, 2018, 7:00 am

/
Last edited by Zico on October 6, 2018, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 6, 2018, 7:04 am

So Zico you know more than Moody's eh? What sort of a plum thinks they're better placed to call the European economy than one of the worlds most renown ratings agencies? Duh!

Zico
udonmap.com

Post by Zico » October 6, 2018, 7:20 am

vincemunday wrote:
October 6, 2018, 7:04 am
So Zico you know more than Moody's eh? What sort of a plum thinks they're better placed to call the European economy than one of the worlds most renown ratings agencies? Duh!
In Thailand you are a 'leach' on the UK, new taxpayers, maybe East European, are filling your pockets. :shock:

Zico
udonmap.com

Post by Zico » October 6, 2018, 7:31 am

Woops ... I described my own self too much.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 6, 2018, 7:39 am

I have no objections to anyone working in the UK Eastern or Western as long as they assimilate, and work hard. You know nothing about me Zico, I still pay taxes in the UK and draw nothing out, I retired quite young, by the by its LEECH not LEACH and you still haven't quantified your idiotic argument that I'm talking out of my arse and you know more than Moody's, just another keyboard warrior who talks complete cobblers me thinks.

Zico
udonmap.com

Post by Zico » October 6, 2018, 8:12 am

vincemunday wrote:
October 6, 2018, 7:39 am
I have no objections to anyone working in the UK Eastern or Western as long as they assimilate, and work hard. You know nothing about me Zico, I still pay taxes in the UK and draw nothing out, I retired quite young, by the by its LEECH not LEACH and you still haven't quantified your idiotic argument that I'm talking out of my arse and you know more than Moody's, just another keyboard warrior who talks complete cobblers me thinks.
You're living with a couple of major lies in your life.

1) You haven't paid for the life you're living now

2) Anyone cares

3) Your children will appreciate your efforts.

If you were born after 1950 and are still alive, you are luckiest who will ever live. :D

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 6, 2018, 8:26 am

Twonk...

Of course I’ve paid for the life I have now, I own everything i have, no loans, no mortgages and it was all paid for by working hard and saving, what’s more I’ll never claim as much out of the system in retirement as I paid in, I had a very good job and I’ve paid lots into the system. Trust me my wife cares and as she’s about the only person I care about.... My children? As I said, you don’t know me from Adam. Ha ha! 1950? My mum was only 11! You’re still a plum and you still haven’t quantified your brainless statements.

You really should tell me what you know that Moodys don’t, perhaps I’ll trade off of the back of it! A bit of insider knowledge nudge, nudge, wink, wink....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”