Taco Bell comming to Thailand!

General Udon Thani topics only!
jimjay
udonmap.com

Re: Taco Bell comming to Thailand!

Post by jimjay » June 29, 2018, 11:10 am

Giggle wrote:
June 29, 2018, 10:06 am
Strange that a foreigner in Thailand doesn't understand the distinction between being in a country legally and being a criminal. Probably got his extension from a dodgy back-room passport stamper for 20,000 baht in Pattaya and thinks that's OK.
Come on Giggs you can't do better than that? Get some coffee lad & come back with some of your better material.

LONE STAR actively supports a leader who is ACTIVELY spreading HATE, not just enforcing the law. So the hypocrisy of liking Mexican Food still stands. He's lucky he's not Mexican.

I predict that if the hate keeps on spreading, it won't be long before ANY American can escape the Blowback. We'd better hope the junta types don't get in on it or we're all screwed.

As to Taco Bell in Thailand, -they just spread a few in Japan and it went OK. But if they can do anything cool with Chicken or Pork they'll win. Like the Naked Chicken Taco which is a taco shell made from breaded chicken.

Plus I think they are allies of BK. Used to have it in USA you could get both at one place. Hybrid Fast Food LOVE IT.

Doritos Tacos though? Yuck.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Doritos-tacos.jpg
sub-buzz-22981-1485457470-14.png.jpeg

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » June 29, 2018, 11:25 am

LONE STAR actively supports a leader who is ACTIVELY spreading HATE, not just enforcing the law. So the hypocrisy of liking Mexican Food still stands. He's lucky he's not Mexican.

I predict that if the hate keeps on spreading, it won't be long before ANY American can escape the Blowback. We'd better hope the junta types don't get in on it or we're all screwed.
Puhleez!... The previous knucklehead authorized assasination without trial... and was, along with a certain HRC, pushing war and death on millions. The current mess in Europe being the "blowback" because of Mr. Hope and Change.

He was a deep-tanned version of the Shrub before him, so simply carrying on the policies of that evil moron. Being a man of "color" only made it more difficult to nail him to the wall for his criminality and that of the shrublet before him.

They're all evil as far as I'm concerned. Same for my feelings about the Big Brand ass-fattening faux-food outlets.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2018, 12:23 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
June 29, 2018, 8:04 am
oh there will be Thai spin-offs on the Taco Bell menu. I can see a Som Dam Taco now!
With haggis pizza in Scotland and rendang burgers in Singapore, it's not too much of a stretch.
haggis pizza.jpg
Sublime
rendang burger.jpg
Ridiculous

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 29, 2018, 12:26 pm

Thanks Vince that may explain why i'd never heard of them .....never ever felt any desire or need to go to Lakeside so avoided the place like the plague :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2018, 12:40 pm

Lone Star wrote:
June 28, 2018, 4:19 pm

Wish there was a Wendy's on the way, too. :)
Me too!

I tried Wendy's in KL a few years ago... sad disappointment as the buns were small and fell apart half way through the meal and of course that culinary abomination, beef bacon ONLY.

Then I discovered Carl's Jr. Darn good burgers and who can forget their adverts?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 29, 2018, 1:08 pm

I used to go to Wendy's in the West End on the way back from the night clubs, my experience was completely different, everything was fresh and I thought it was great you could put in your own salad and dressings, sadly times change, perhaps it's not what it used to be. Ah, Lakeside... an abomination of a place but a must for us Essex/East Enders, weddings...Lakeside, Christenings...Lakeside, dinner dances...Lakeside, you can see where this is going no? For myself I used to do a quick SAS style attack on M&S around Christmas time and buy my trousers, shirts and pretty much everything else in one hit, however, buying a dress for Mrs M was at least one trip to each of Lakeside, Bluewater, Ashford outlet then usually back to Lakeside to Choice women's wear to buy the first dress she tried on and Lakeside didn't even have the men's crèche back then!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 29, 2018, 1:27 pm

Spent 50 yrs living in Essex (Romford) & Kent (Medway) so drove past hundreds of times ......... if what I wanted to buy couldn't be bought within the circle line or Romford (Gillingham/Chatham) I'd prefer to do without rather than risk Lakeside :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 29, 2018, 1:29 pm

Ah you're a city worker like me by the sounds of it? Mum used to run the Woolpack in Romford, don't suppose that's even there now, boy I miss the pie n mash shops...
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 29, 2018, 1:41 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 29, 2018, 1:29 pm
boy I miss the pie n mash shops...
Sounds really unhealthy and fattening. Almost makes a few tacos and a burrito sound like diet food.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Big boss
udonmap.com

Post by Big boss » June 29, 2018, 2:05 pm

Things change all the time Vince .
I work around SouthEast ...
Send 2 photos for you but may have changed
Again!!!
Good old days hope this brings back memories 😁
Attachments
IMG_3423.JPG
IMG_3422.JPG

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 29, 2018, 3:32 pm

The first time I had green tea ice-cream in Okinawa.......I thought, 'how bizarre........but delicious'

Same with a kimchee taco, now served up in a number of US cities.

I haven't done it, but I can see how yahm neua ยำเนื้อ in a taco shell or wrapped in a tortilla with lettuce, maybe some mint, and cheese might be a real treat

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 30, 2018, 12:10 pm

This thread seems to have drifted away from Taco Bell. So I will drift away myself. Just read an article indicating there will be a massive protest 6-30-2018 their time.

Then it hit me if you deport the entire family the children are staying together with their parents.

But, what about those that are brought in by coyotes. I would think send them back to their parents, the US didn't separate them the parents did.

Maybe a simple approach won't work.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2018, 12:20 pm

Focus lads... focus...

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » July 13, 2018, 10:31 pm

DoctorFix wrote:
June 29, 2018, 10:57 am
randerson79 wrote:
June 28, 2018, 11:23 am
Taco Bell is to Mexican food what McDonald’s is to gourmet hamburgers. :shock:
Absolutely right. Seeing as Pepsi owns the brand, along with Pizza Hut and KFC, it's little wonder. Now Thais get to be inundated in poorly executed faux Mexicaqn fare much like Americans have been in the past. If they weren't getting fat before they sure as hell will now.
Pepsi spun it off years ago...And YUM spun off YUM China about two years ago....And that may be, who is behind the Taco Bell plan.

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » November 9, 2018, 10:20 am

Hello... back visiting now. Thankfully during my foray into the states I never was forced to venture near a Taco Bell as I had plenty of local mom and pop and other SAD (Standard American Diet) options to be stricken with. It's truly incredible that I've been taken ill, more often than not, by establishments there than I ever encountered here in Thailand. Not saying it doesn't happen here, because it definitely does, but over there its guaranteed. It's enough to make one weep.

random thought
udonmap.com

Post by random thought » January 3, 2019, 1:10 pm

Taco bell wont even tell you what the meaty substance is in their food. I will tell you it is not beef. I wouldnt eat there if they paid me. McD's may not be great but at least it is beef.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 3, 2019, 5:32 pm

I'll have yours then, thanks.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 4, 2019, 12:28 pm

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 4, 2019, 1:39 pm

Thanks for the facts, Vince!

Those who don't want to eat at Taco Bell will not be frogmarched and forced to do so.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » January 4, 2019, 7:19 pm

more thai fattys coming your way soon eating all that sludge .what unappetizing grunge imo

recall the days of no US junk food at all when thais were slim as a stick insect =D>
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”