The best Karate Dojo

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

The best Karate Dojo

Post by vincemunday » October 30, 2018, 8:53 pm

Where is the best Karate Dojo in Udon please?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: The best Karate Dojo

Post by dunroaming » October 30, 2018, 9:54 pm

Try the hotel beside walking street not sure if the misses will like it but u will have a happy ending lol

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » October 30, 2018, 11:35 pm

not sure vince I have seen a Taekwondo years ago near where all the dentists are near landmark all I can say is if they give u a grade for turning up walk out and find another the UK has gone to crap since the late 90s handing grades out like sweets if the clubs write should take people 5 years to get to dan grade unfortunatley the clubs in it for money just give them out

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 31, 2018, 5:33 am

dunroaming wrote:
October 30, 2018, 9:54 pm
Try the hotel beside walking street not sure if the misses will like it but u will have a happy ending lol
Yeah, I'll leave that one to you mate, when my missus says chop chop chop I don't think she's talking about karate. Think I've found a dojo, at least there's a sign in Ban Jang near where we live, I really wanted Harry to take up muay thai but it's getting a lot of bad press lately because of kids getting brain damage through lack of protection and I don't fancy taekwondo, a lot of it looks like break dancing to me and I want him to be able to look after himself not win dancing competitions. Still looking though if anyone knows somewhere.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 31, 2018, 10:41 am

Ha-ha tried to be quick and witty but without my reading specs on ended up a dumb a** as I it read best karoke not karate sorry Vince must avoid the cooking sherry too back on topic

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 31, 2018, 11:20 am

I have afew belts in break dancing, nothing wrong with it as a defensive martial art, but if you want ' harry ' to handle himself, then kung fu, muay tae, and boxing, should cover it, though judo does help..I have known a couple of black belt karate experts to get killed in a hand fight, so not impressed..look at UFC and not many of them have karate as a background..you want hands on fighting, as close to the real thing as possible, because thats what happens in real life..you havent got time to take ' the correct stance '

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 31, 2018, 12:38 pm

Yeah my first choice would be boxing but I guess I'm going to have to look around for a decent muay thai school who look after the kids and make them wear head guards and pads etc until they're a bit older.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » October 31, 2018, 12:51 pm

look at Stimpy's post regarding Brazilian Ju Jitsu , a great martial art to learn.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » November 1, 2018, 7:40 pm

My kids loved traing at Believe Martial Arts. They teach Taekwondo & Muay Thai. They were also starting to show my kids how to use Nunchucks.
Screenshot_20181101-233612_Facebook.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 1, 2018, 9:38 pm

Thanks grievous, I've sent them a message.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”