Noisy Thai Inconcideration

General Udon Thani topics only!
choi choi
udonmap.com

Noisy Thai Inconcideration

Post by choi choi » November 3, 2018, 10:40 pm

At this moment In Nong Sam Rong There is a "concert".The noise is deafening! Seems like come from next door.I so sorry for folk live nearby! These people who do this are so inconciderous. Many have to get up early,go to work in the morning. I dont understand why so selfish! Why make so loud? I So un-caring! and rude
Hopefully will stop at midnight..... or maybe not!

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Noisy Thai Inconcideration

Post by 747man » November 4, 2018, 12:23 am

We Have These NOISY Concerts about once a month in the Thai Village behind our estate about 500 Meters away,But as you say it sounds like it's NEXT Door & Sometimes Doesn't end until 0200hrs.....Totally INCONCIDERATE !!!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 4, 2018, 2:14 am

welcome to Thailand ,i think only falang get nervous about this , not the Thais people , because they are used to this,
for them it is a way of life ,one falang are not used to.... ,it is one of the many things that will never change here... ;)

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » November 4, 2018, 2:24 am

Now 3.30 am loud as ever ! Only simpletons could sleep through it
Not even real music . Just Ban Nok crap and monkey noises!
I thought it was no noise after midnight in Thailand?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 4, 2018, 5:52 am

No such thing as noise pollution in Thailand im afraid. You only have to walk in the complex when some tart has a microphone in her, or his, hand trying to sell you something , to realise this .
As for the concerts , well forget sleep . The only time they finish at a reasonable time is if a fight breaks out and the local plod shut it down .
Lents finished , crops are being harvested , locals have some dosh , concerts will be everywhere , so you just gotta suck it up . Part and parcel of everyday life in paradise .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 4, 2018, 7:11 am

saint wrote:
November 4, 2018, 5:52 am
No such thing as noise pollution in Thailand im afraid. You only have to walk in the complex when some tart has a microphone in her, or his, hand trying to sell you something , to realise this .
As for the concerts , well forget sleep . The only time they finish at a reasonable time is if a fight breaks out and the local plod shut it down .
Lents finished , crops are being harvested , locals have some dosh , concerts will be everywhere , so you just gotta suck it up . Part and parcel of everyday life in paradise .
agree .. music in the early mornings id pretty much the norm , a shame in most cases its just so bassy morlam n crap!! .. im listening to constant Pin music coming from the local temple .. not too bad at all.

You are on the mark Saint its silly season ..oops i mean music concert season after the Buddhist lent has ended so expect the BIB to be busy in the coming weeks as the alcohol , drugs n adrenaline kick in and one lads girlfriend looked at another lad n the garden tools come out .......its gonna be messy as it is every year.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 4, 2018, 7:30 am

saint wrote:
November 4, 2018, 5:52 am
This.

I am out in the boonies in Burma right now and if there was ever a competition to see which nation builds the loudest PA systems, the Thai's would be a distant second place by around -130dB. In the middle of rice paddy with 4 or 5 villages that you can hardly see, the row after dark is incredible. They don't even have proper electric but the best-seller after Kubota rice harvesters are solar panel/inverter kits (they use the Kubota batteries).

Then someone gets married...

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 4, 2018, 8:03 am

Vep the village festivals have started ,i've been to 2 already ,BUT now it's next door ( albeit 500 meters aways ) 3 days of this ,the din went on until 2 am this morn ,they started up again at 7 am , but not to loud as of this morning YET , my only advice (if your capable ) is join them ,ya might as well go and enjoy yourself as you aint gonna change a thing ,

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » November 4, 2018, 8:57 am

Join em ? They'd be more interested stare at the farang.With that stare saying"WTF he doing here!" Then some hillbilly grab you by the hand and drag you up the front and do a Mister bean dance with him!
Music? Hardly The Eagles or Rolling stones .enit!
Nothing wrong with their party up to them. Just they dont need the otherside of the village to hear!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 4, 2018, 10:30 am

choi choi wrote:
November 4, 2018, 2:24 am
Now 3.30 am loud as ever ! Only simpletons could sleep through it
Not even real music . Just Ban Nok crap and monkey noises!
I thought it was no noise after midnight in Thailand?
My wife and family are Thais. I don't appreciate you calling them monkeys. With that kind of attitude I don't think we're going to be friends.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » November 4, 2018, 10:50 am

We chose to live here they were born here I for one wish I could let my hair down and have a carefree night and put all worries aside. Most not all of the village people are poor and don't have much of a life as we know it so good on them if music too loud buy ear plugs

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 4, 2018, 11:01 am

I was awoken last night at 12.30 to deep bass sound coming thru my pillow. Thought it was the boy in next bedroom playing war games on the cellphone, and was ready to give him a serve, but his light was off..Turns out there is a wedding in the next village, and a 3 day cremation happening across the road..

Missus found me camped in the kitchen with a cuppa, and said the noise is supposed to stop at 12.00, it stopped at 12.30, so there is some unseen rule in my village at least..but hell that bass beat gets on my nerves, even after a day of Bob Dylan

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » November 4, 2018, 12:53 pm

Noisy Thai Inconsideration?
Get used to it because it is about to get louder and more regular sir.
To quote Keef n Mick......"the time is right For fighting in the street, boy"
Practice your so called monkey noises,polish up on your crow squawks and get involved!
Welcome to Isan Khun choi choi.
Voiceover for hire.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » November 4, 2018, 3:44 pm

No thanks I like real music. After 22 years here, I dont need a welcome greeting LOL
Last night wore ear defenders but made little difference!
Had to endure a few all night parties over the years, but this one was way over the top!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » November 4, 2018, 4:35 pm

Another good noise blocker is white/brown noise.You can find some audio of this on you tube etc....
I have had success with this helping to remove any unwanted noise (in particular thumping base).Basically sounds like a high powered fan.Connect this audio to some external speakers and it will assist.
I used to live next door to a fat geezer in Ubon whose snoring was an issue....this guy was LOUD.I went down the brown/white noise blocker route and it counteracted his noise.
Voiceover for hire.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » November 4, 2018, 6:02 pm

Hmm Good Idea.I will download and use with ear phones!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXetO_b ... io=1&t=471

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » November 4, 2018, 6:25 pm

choi choi wrote:
November 4, 2018, 6:02 pm
Hmm Good Idea.I will download and use with ear phones!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXetO_b ... io=1&t=471
Works for me. :D =D>

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 4, 2018, 7:31 pm

the "noise rule" which supposedly is "law" is to shutdown the music at 11PM on weekdays and Midnight on weekends.. Last year in our neck of the woods they actually seemed to follow that pretty much.. But, application of the rule would likely depend on who is giving the party/wedding/funeral, their connections and if the Cops are invited. Aside from the seasonal parties/wedding/funerals blaring away, those folks out on the east side near Ban Nong Sai have the privilege of being entertained by the famous Luk Thung singer "Nok Noi" (now in her late 60's I believe) who puts on huge concerts with numerous bands in her home village there.. Those fetes usually last through the night.. I live at least 3-4km from the place and the bass boom boom boom is still annoying..
Dave

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 4, 2018, 11:14 pm

It is a Thai thing for sure, I have been to some events where it was so loud I could not think. No one could talk to each other and the noise was actually painful for me. The Thais do enjoy it though. It is their party.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » November 5, 2018, 2:22 pm

Early on, about 10 years ago, had a rental in a close neighborhood. One night the music next door was so loud you could feel it, windows shaking, thought I saw cracks forming in the walls. They weren't even having a party, just listening I guess, 2 or 3 Thai guys. The wife and I just went over and asked them to turn it down which they did. The wife may have said a few things that I didn't understand, but there was never a problem after that.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”