Western ringroad .

General Udon Thani topics only!
saint
udonmap.com

Western ringroad .

Post by saint » November 4, 2018, 1:02 pm

Dont know if any of you have the misfortune to travel this highway heading south , but how long can it be before someone gets killed dodging the potholes ?
The north side , the original road is fine , but the new surface heading south has been breaking up since the day it was layed.
They must of patched it up over a hundred times in , what 4 years or so , and its still a bloody mess.
When is the highway dept going to bite the bullet and resurface the whole thing , ensuring of coarse that its prepared and compacted properly before surfacing it . Something that was never done when it was built !!!!
Its a good job general flipflops stamped out corruption ah ?

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Western ringroad .

Post by parrot » November 4, 2018, 1:11 pm

I avoid that stretch of road like the plague. With the exception of a few months after the road was newly paved, it's been a disaster. I pity the folks who have to travel that road every day!

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 4, 2018, 2:55 pm

The road will continue to be a problem until they dig the whole thing up. The water levels during the wet season need to be controlled and a proper sub base laid prior to tarmacing.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » November 4, 2018, 4:07 pm

Another issue is the contractors don't want to repair it correctly as they have ongoing contracts for repairs! and its money in the Bank. I went to our townhouse yesterday and yes they are repairing the road again and no proper route barriers in place also at night light showing lane closed was broken and people swerving everywhere. As I said to my misses many times over the years Thai Driving is like watching The Wacky Races. Had to show her on youtube but after she totally agreed lol

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 4, 2018, 4:17 pm

dunroaming wrote:
November 4, 2018, 4:07 pm
.....Thai Driving is like watching The Wacky Races.
Ha ha. A coincidence, exactly the same example I give to my son.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » November 6, 2018, 4:02 pm

its a few kilometers theyve torn up. scary enough
negotiating the pylons& cones in the daytime :shock: but then nearly whole thing needs redoing

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 7, 2018, 5:29 am

It really is Russian roulette every time you use this road. Was on it yesturday unfortunately , heading north i saw two rear ender accidents on the southbound side . When heading south later nearly became a victim myself . Just past the Bantad lights guy in front braked for a pothole , i braked behind him and heard the screech of brakes behind me . Brace , brace.
How he missed me is a mystery , but he did .
Ive noticed the locals know , and do show a degree of caution , but the out of province drivers have no idea they are dicing with death . A few warning signs would be a good idea. This is truly the road to hell , the M25s got nothing on this baby .

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » November 7, 2018, 3:23 pm

that driving 6 ft off your bumper nonsense is a
mistake. have you ever noticed how many Thai
vehicles have this type of rear end damage?

the most common one you see is the bumper
creased in the shape of a motocy wheel

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”