Car acc payout ..When?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Mudguard
udonmap.com

Car acc payout ..When?

Post by Mudguard » November 27, 2018, 9:28 am

I cannot get a straight answer..Does anyone know when a car is written off, how long does it take for insurance payout?

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: Car acc payout ..When?

Post by minimiglia » November 27, 2018, 9:57 am

very rarely written off here as labour repairs so cheap

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » November 27, 2018, 10:05 am

I cannot remember the name of the insurance company and I'm talking 4 / 5 years ago.

It took about 6 months overall.

The accident was my fault.

The biggest shock was down to the sum insured - stupidly I didn't check the value - they insured it for the value the car would be at the end of the year, not the present value. Lost about 50,000 baht I guess. This seems to be common practice in LOS.

The biggest plus point was that they paid for all medical treatment at the local hospital and then at AEK - ambulances, emergency treatment, intensive care, private room plus lots of physio as an outpatient. The physio had a limit so I did have to pay something myself for that service.
This contributed to the delay.

The manager wanted to sell the wreck to Bangkok and the registration document was "lost in the post" then "lost in the Bangkok office". They also wouldn't pay until I signed off the medical side. The manager said he wouldn't use Bangkok again.
This also contributed to the delay.

I was offered 40,000 baht less than the insurance by a dealer who intended to repair the vehicle. I turned that down but afterwards I wished I had accepted as it would have shaved 3 months from the wait. That was a safe option as I understand from a retired member of the trade that the chassis could have been straightened.

Overall, I don't have any complaints as the medical cover was superb.

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » December 4, 2018, 4:01 pm

I have a reason to ask such a Q....Did you get paid by chq or, was it put into your bank acc....Cheers...

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » December 4, 2018, 5:23 pm

I'm so sorry, I don't remember :shock:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”