Brevit vote and the pound

General Udon Thani topics only!
dunroaming
udonmap.com

Brevit vote and the pound

Post by dunroaming » December 10, 2018, 6:06 pm

Experts are warning the pound could be worth less than the euro tomorrow if the Government loses the vote which seems very likely now. What a complete shambles we bits have made of this. Banks are working late tomorrow in case there are large fluctuations in the pound. since the vote is at night tomorrow we will have to wait till Wednesday to see the full damage this has caused uncertain times ahead that's for sure. Right away to transfer money before too late

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Brevit vote and the pound

Post by Giggle » December 10, 2018, 6:15 pm

Shameful, inept governance.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 10, 2018, 6:38 pm

"What a complete shambles we bits have made of this"

Excuse me? what a complete shambles the pr*tts who organised a referendum made of it =;

The people of Britain (including me) voted to join the EEC in 1975 ...... what gives them a right to overturn THAT democratically arrived at decision.?

If they can overturn that decision then remainers MUST be allowed to demand that Brexit can be overturned as well

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Brexit vote and the pound

Post by dunroaming » December 10, 2018, 7:35 pm

Now News agencies reporting vote will be delayed as talks ongoing what a shambles

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 10, 2018, 7:58 pm

I think in hindsight it may have been more useful if they had held all the talks PRIOR to offering to hold a bl**dy referendum on something that was impossible to deliver :evil: :evil: :evil:

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 10, 2018, 9:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 10, 2018, 6:38 pm

Excuse me? what a complete shambles the pr*tts who organised a referendum made of it =;

The people of Britain (including me) voted to join the EEC in 1975 ...... what gives them a right to overturn THAT democratically arrived at decision.?

If they can overturn that decision then remainers MUST be allowed to demand that Brexit can be overturned as well
Maybe I read it wrong, but I understood that the Brits also voted to leave EEC so to me thats also Democracy

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 10, 2018, 9:30 pm

Stantheman wrote:
December 10, 2018, 9:16 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

Maybe I read it wrong, but I understood that the Brits also voted to leave EEC so to me thats also Democracy
If Brexit was legal then you CAN overturn a legal referendum result if more information is known.
I've no problem with that Stan, but since its been revealed that the British public was lied to prior to the Brexit vote they must surely be allowed another vote using the correct information to me thats also democracy

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » December 11, 2018, 1:35 am

EU playing hardball with their take-it-or-leave-it stance. May is cornered like a wounded rat.

The pound fell to a 20-month low of $1.2515, down a sharp 1.7 percent on the day. The FTSE 100 was also down, by 0.5 percent on the day.

The sh!tshow has begun! Grab your popcorn!

https://apnews.com/fa2ff4d861a24db9a1fa717d9fdc9adb

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 11, 2018, 4:45 am

stattointhailand wrote:

I
The people did not vote to join the EEC in 1975 at all . Ted Heath signed up to the EEC and for whatever reason decided to have a referendum 6 months after the event .
It was a close vote , but not as close as brexit is today , and funnily enough whilst general election results and ballot papers are kept for i think 7 years , the EEC referendum results were destroyed within twelve months.
We were lied to then , weve been lied to ever since , and still we are being lied to.
Remember the EEC we signed up to was an economic pact of 6 or 7 European nations , not the total control of our borders , laws and anything else they think fit to f3ck us with .

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 11, 2018, 5:12 am

saint wrote:
December 11, 2018, 4:45 am
[quote=stattointhailand post_id=529310 time=1544441892 user_id=933

I
The people did not vote to join the EEC in 1975 at all . Ted Heath signed up to the EEC and for whatever reason decided to have a referendum 6 months after the event .
It was a close vote , but not as close as brexit is today , and funnily enough whilst general election results and ballot papers are kept for i think 7 years , the EEC referendum results were destroyed within twelve months.
We were lied to then , weve been lied to ever since , and still we are being lied to.
Remember the EEC we signed up to was an economic pact of 6 or 7 European nations , not the total control of our borders , laws and anything else they think fit to f3ck us with .
[/quote]

Totally agree, the trading pact we agreed to stay into (despite it totally shafting our Commonwealth Partners and Allies) no longer exists. We have slowly but surely been dragged into something that at first was fairly sensible but has now morphed into an unelected (therefore unaccountable) total control organisation (Dictatorship???) A nation sold for the price of a new yacht. Thanks Ted.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » December 11, 2018, 6:44 am

Its a farce, project fear is getting ramped up daily , play the EU's bluff and leave with No Deal.

Ziggy124

Post by Ziggy124 » December 11, 2018, 8:34 am

Agree with your comments AlesO, you poms shafted us overnight and it took NZ ten years to get back on our feet with new trading partners. While we have much sympathy for the lose of your little girl , we have none for the position you now find yourselves in.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 11, 2018, 8:56 am

SJP17 wrote:
December 11, 2018, 6:44 am
Its a farce, project fear is getting ramped up daily , play the EU's bluff and leave with No Deal.
Agree =D> =D> Just read the article below.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... grCvbj9EOU

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » December 11, 2018, 11:05 am

This and other topics on Brexit over the last few years have demonstrated just how gullible, gormless, economically illiterate and delusional Brexit supporters are.

• Well over two years ago (pre referendum) there wasn’t a viable and credible plan

• There hasn’t been a single, even remotely viable & credible plan since then.

• Every scenario the government investigated shows the UK will be worse off.

So, it’s not rocket science that, with there still not being a viable & credible plan, the UK Government and Parliament is in chaos and that the GBP is under serious pressure.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » December 11, 2018, 11:59 am

The upshot is that if all the Brit visa dodgers view the baht more reliably stable than the pound, there might be a strong uptick in legal Brits in the country as they move their meager sterling to a stronger currency.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 11, 2018, 1:45 pm

JimboPSM wrote:
December 11, 2018, 11:05 am
This and other topics on Brexit over the last few years have demonstrated just how gullible, gormless, economically illiterate and delusional Brexit supporters are.

• Well over two years ago (pre referendum) there wasn’t a viable and credible plan

• There hasn’t been a single, even remotely viable & credible plan since then.

• Every scenario the government investigated shows the UK will be worse off.

So, it’s not rocket science that, with there still not being a viable & credible plan, the UK Government and Parliament is in chaos and that the GBP is under serious pressure.

Its not just about money though is it Jimbo . As your in the financial sector i see your frustration , but what about protecting our borders ,making our own laws , and getting our freedom back from the faceless unelected E U parasites .
Last time i saw you , you were working for the oldest democracy on earth .THe E U is not democratic in any manner , shape or form.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » December 11, 2018, 6:20 pm

correct ,,your dealing with a bunch of mafia thugs who wont budge because they want the monthly remittances to continue .they are all having a good time on our coin, and dont want it to stop.. brexit was easy if the 2 partys would agree on the terms .but we are dealing with a bunch of chiseling bar stewards..similar to mexican narcos .who would never stop shipping cocaine to the US under any circumstances
the only good Tory is a lavatory

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 11, 2018, 9:58 pm

Stattoo got it right, [f we were having a referendum it should be AFTER we had a deal to vote on.
It is a bit like asking if the backpack you are wearing contains a parachute only after you jump ....

Two and a half years on and no Brexiteer has even mentioned a plan. It is just smash everything, and start again. Most of the UK's problems were global problems, not EU problems. And Brexit will fix few of those.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 12, 2018, 5:16 am

Looks like whilst the cat is away the mice are playing .
Tory Mps have the 48 letters to get their vote of no confidence in her , whilst shes running round Europe like a headless chicken trying to get some reassurance of the Irish backstop issue .
If it wasnt so tragic , it would be funny .

blade450x
udonmap.com

Post by blade450x » December 12, 2018, 9:05 am

So now the pound is at it lowest since July 1997. With Bangkok bank rates about to break below 40, bringing the Pound to Baht exchange rate in to the 30's for the first time in over 20 years
bkk.PNG
The monthly GBP/THB chart.
Pound.PNG

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”