HELP>>>DASH BOARD CAMERA...

General Udon Thani topics only!
Mudguard
udonmap.com

HELP>>>DASH BOARD CAMERA...

Post by Mudguard » January 1, 2019, 10:16 am

Hi, members...I av a WDR full HD 1080 P...

It has never worked prop n shows on screen...INSERT CARD...which is already in at start up...

Can anyone rec a decent cam..I need buy new one .....Cheers, Mudguard.. :mrgreen:

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: HELP>>>DASH BOARD CAMERA...

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 1, 2019, 10:33 am

You may need to format the card in the camera.

I'm not really sure why you would want to film the dashboard of your car though :lol:
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 1, 2019, 10:53 am

Car cams are very hard on memory cards. Those cameras continually are recording when you are driving. My wife had an accident and the cheap camera failed when needed the most. The shock of the accident ruined the camera and I had thought that the memory card should be OK, it wasn't. A high quality memory card is even more important than the camera. Transcend High Endurance memory cards are quite expensive but they are made for car cameras.

I have two Xiaomi cameras, one in my truck and another in the wife's car. I like that brand because they have WiFi and I can view them on my smart phone. Those cameras are amazingly cheap, less than 2,000 baht. Both have Transcend High Endurance memory cards. Those memory cards are expensive but I think they are well worth the extra cost. I spent a lot of time on the Internet researching both cameras and memory cards.

The high end cameras record entirely too much information. The GPS function will record an accident and give the exact location and the exact speed. Most of us exceed the speed limit on back roads where the legal speed limit is 30 KPH. No one goes that slow. Your own camera could possible make you guilty.

As a side note, if you buy any Chinese car cam, be sure that you buy the English version unless you can read Chinese. I bought both my cameras off Lazada and they specify the English versions..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2019, 11:49 am

Mudguard wrote:
January 1, 2019, 10:16 am
Hi, members...I av a WDR full HD 1080 P...

It has never worked prop n shows on screen...INSERT CARD...which is already in at start up...

Can anyone rec a decent cam..I need buy new one .....Cheers, Mudguard.. :mrgreen:
The "WDR full HD 1080 P" is name that's plastered across a whole lot of similar-looking dashcams, all from different factories and with wildly varying quality.

Before investing in a new high-end SD card, the OP should try ANY other empty SD card first and see if he gets the same message. The camera will either detect the blank card and prompt for a format it which would indicate the camera is good and the other SD card is toast. If it still asks to 'insert card' then the camera is probably toast. There is a pinhole access to a reset button to try as a last resort before binning it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2019, 11:50 am

glalt wrote:
January 1, 2019, 10:53 am
I have two Xiaomi cameras, one in my truck and another in the wife's car. I like that brand because they have WiFi and I can view them on my smart phone. Those cameras are amazingly cheap, less than 2,000 baht. Both have Transcend High Endurance memory cards. Those memory cards are expensive but I think they are well worth the extra cost. I spent a lot of time on the Internet researching both cameras and memory cards.
Do you have the model number or post a link to it on lazada?

Ta
tam

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 1, 2019, 1:05 pm

Below is a Lazada link. I have two of the Yi models. One is a more expensive higher resolution and both are English menus. The ADAS feature is irritating so I turn it off.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=Xia ... 3154hrqqUX

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2019, 1:44 pm

glalt wrote:
January 1, 2019, 1:05 pm
Below is a Lazada link. I have two of the Yi models. One is a more expensive higher resolution and both are English menus. The ADAS feature is irritating so I turn it off.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=Xia ... 3154hrqqUX
That link didn't work. Is it this one?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaom ... 9&search=1

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 1, 2019, 2:18 pm

I use a Mini F9 DVR helmet cam its a barrel type small and perfect including a Microphone. I bought a micro sym card from central plaza and formatted it on connection to my laptop.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 1, 2019, 3:46 pm

i am using this one , working fine , very good image...
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/car-c ... 5&search=1 ;)

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » January 2, 2019, 1:49 am

Thanking all who gave info ...Been a great help...Cheers, MUdguard..

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”