Decent draft pint?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Stanley Road
udonmap.com

Decent draft pint?

Post by Stanley Road » January 6, 2019, 5:02 pm

I have been going to Brickhouse once or twice a week for a guiness or hoergaarden but frankly I am piss bored of the place. Udon Tap is a nice enough place with good beer but its right the other side of town to me. Anywhere else who sells decent draft? And by decent I mean not that god awful leo or chang. Something in the town would be great but as far as I can muster soi sampan is just beer bar after beer bar.

Anything?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Decent draft pint?

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 6, 2019, 5:50 pm

Stanley Road wrote:
January 6, 2019, 5:02 pm
I have been going to Brickhouse once or twice a week for a guiness or hoergaarden but frankly I am piss bored of the place. Udon Tap is a nice enough place with good beer but its right the other side of town to me. Anywhere else who sells decent draft? And by decent I mean not that god awful leo or chang. Something in the town would be great but as far as I can muster soi sampan is just beer bar after beer bar.

Anything?
WARNING Blatant advertising .. due to the last round of alcohol tax increases in which Wine bottles and boxes were hit hard Dao n I (3DM Udon) took the opportunity of distributing 20 lt WINE KEY KEGS along with the associated equipment ,,WINE ON TAP.. excellent quality Spanish Rioja and Italian Merlot red along with a Spanish white .... more so a healthy profit margin for the venue whilst still being at a reasonable over the bar RRP.
We also support with glassware and currently have 3 locations fitted out , one each in Udon , Ubon and Sisaket all selling very well.. anybody / venue interested drop us a line.

BACK ON TOPIC A few that spring to mind , not including the many Thai places in and out of town that have draft Taps ..

In Town
November Bar opposite KFC ..3 taps
Irish Clock think 3 Taps
89 upper UD Town (if still open)
BH as mentioned

Out town (tho all wrong side for you)
Faroh House 2 Taps
Udon Tap 12 Taps
Gallery 3 Taps
Chris Place think 4/5 Taps

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Stanley Road
udonmap.com

Post by Stanley Road » January 6, 2019, 8:36 pm

Thanks DM, appreciate it. Bang on the knowledge with the taps lol.

Brick House
udonmap.com

Post by Brick House » January 7, 2019, 6:25 am

Hi Stanley Road,
I don't know who you are. But as per your comment, you are one of our customers, drinking Guinness and Hoegaarden, every week, multiple times. So, I wonder why you need to write a post like this, why you need to use the words u are using and slagging us off.
So, by your word and visits here, you must know me personally. Therefore, I don't understand why you need to comment like you do. If you would have any guts, you would have spoken with me, man to man, told met about your ideas, why you are pissed bored. Otherwise..... You"r just one of them........
Sorry man, please be strait. Stop being another key-board warrior with no message other as slagging off.
Come in and make yourself clear.
Reg
Maxx

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 7, 2019, 7:12 am

Brick House, from reading the OP's comments I think (not 100% sure) what he means is that he wants to vary his drinking locations. It does not come across as anything actually wrong with BH, just that he feels the need for an occasional change of scenery.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » January 7, 2019, 9:49 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 7, 2019, 7:12 am
Brick House, from reading the OP's comments I think (not 100% sure) what he means is that he wants to vary his drinking locations. It does not come across as anything actually wrong with BH, just that he feels the need for an occasional change of scenery.
pretty much as i read it aswell

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » January 7, 2019, 3:07 pm

Seem to have missed out Chris's Bar - sells the best pint in town i.e. London Pride \:D/
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Stanley Road
udonmap.com

Post by Stanley Road » January 7, 2019, 3:35 pm

Brick House wrote:
January 7, 2019, 6:25 am
Hi Stanley Road,
I don't know who you are. But as per your comment, you are one of our customers, drinking Guinness and Hoegaarden, every week, multiple times. So, I wonder why you need to write a post like this, why you need to use the words u are using and slagging us off.
So, by your word and visits here, you must know me personally. Therefore, I don't understand why you need to comment like you do. If you would have any guts, you would have spoken with me, man to man, told met about your ideas, why you are pissed bored. Otherwise..... You"r just one of them........
Sorry man, please be strait. Stop being another key-board warrior with no message other as slagging off.
Come in and make yourself clear.
Reg
Maxx
I did not say one single bad word about the BH. I said I am bored of it. Its a good pub with nice staff and a nice pint but im bored of sitting there on my own and want to find somewhere else.

Next, be careful who you call a keyboard warrior sunshine as I have no problem at all in coming down there right this minute if there is something you want to get off your chest?

Keyboard warrior? Guts? Man to man? Are you off your nut or something mate? Absolutely not the slightest problem in driving down there right this second if you want to question my guts.

**** me... How easy it is to rile people on this forum. All I said was bored of the place I didnt say one bad word about it? What the ****?

Brick House
udonmap.com

Post by Brick House » January 7, 2019, 3:52 pm

Hi Stanley,
Yeah. Not a bad idea to come over, we'll drink a pint and clear it.
Cheers,
Maxx.

Stanley Road
udonmap.com

Post by Stanley Road » January 7, 2019, 4:03 pm

Just drove down you are not there. Told your staff to let you know I came.

Jesus christ all i said was 'bored' whats all this keyboard warrior stuff?

Brick House
udonmap.com

Post by Brick House » January 7, 2019, 4:05 pm

Im back now.
C you.
Cheers

Stanley Road
udonmap.com

Post by Stanley Road » January 7, 2019, 4:21 pm

Im almost home not spinning round to sit in traffic again. Ill be down tomorow.

Im blown away by this. What the feck man i litteraly disd not say one single bad word about the place just that im bored of it. I used to go in there drop 1500 baht in 2 hours, always quiet and polite, would leave a big tip every time and sometimes even buy the staff drinks. I was what you would call a good customer. Just because I mention im bored of it - and looking for somewhere else with decent draft - im auddenly a gutless keyboard warriror?

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 7, 2019, 4:49 pm

sorry but the wording frankly Im piss bored of the place certainly is not a positive comment if you didnt wish to cause harm the wording could have been better

Stanley Road
udonmap.com

Post by Stanley Road » January 7, 2019, 4:57 pm

MusicalBars wrote:
January 7, 2019, 4:49 pm
sorry but the wording frankly Im piss bored of the place certainly is not a positive comment if you didnt wish to cause harm the wording could have been better
Fair point maybe it was a poor choice of words but my inention was not mean. I only ever say good things about the place i did not in any way mean the BH is boring, just that i got a bit bored there.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 7, 2019, 5:11 pm

if you do have a drink with Maxx I am sure you will get on fine only problem is when you have a drink with him it turns into the Hotel California u can check out any time u like but never leave

Stanley Road
udonmap.com

Post by Stanley Road » January 7, 2019, 5:17 pm

Ill pop down and have a beer, clear the air. I guess looking at it 'piss bored' might have been a poor choice of words but i didnt mean anything rude. Ive met max many a time and he seems like a nice bloke, as does his mrs and all the staff. Genuinely cant think of one bad thing to say about the BH. I just got bored of it for a few weeks. Dont we all get bored of going to the same place sometimes?

Anyway no worries. Just a misunderstanding I guess. No more comments from me on this thread i worry it might turn into another 10 pager lol so lets just leave it there.

Stanley out :)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 7, 2019, 7:42 pm

40-all

New balls please.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 7, 2019, 9:13 pm

Stanley Road wrote:
January 6, 2019, 5:02 pm
Anywhere else who sells decent draft? And by decent I mean not that god awful leo or chang.
I am always surprised how so many expats detest the local beers [-X , Archa yes I agree isn't the best but Leo n Chang id say are as good as a pint of most UK stuff.

My rating on Thai beers.

1. Chang
2. Singha
3. Leo
4. Archa

Then of course there is the mother of all drinks the one and only Beer Lao ! Absolutely delicious stuff \:D/

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 7, 2019, 9:16 pm

Your forgetting cheers beer's just as good as any and cheap as chips

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 7, 2019, 9:33 pm

dunroaming wrote:
January 7, 2019, 9:16 pm
Your forgetting cheers beer's just as good as any and cheap as chips