one he11 of a rain storm here on the west side of udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
Dakoda
udonmap.com

one he11 of a rain storm here on the west side of udon

Post by Dakoda » May 26, 2007, 5:23 pm

Like a small hurricane. Shows you where all your mistakes are, so that you can fix them, before the next one. Couple, they did tell me, but I didn't listen, oh well. :shock:

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 26, 2007, 7:33 pm

Well we just rode about 30 Klms thruogh it if it holds like what we saw yuo won't need to water the lawn today. :lol:

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » May 26, 2007, 7:44 pm

The roof of my father-in-law's house blew off. Ban Kao Noi near Lotus.

Bubbagoes
udonmap.com

Post by Bubbagoes » May 26, 2007, 8:19 pm

Its your fault Farang, get ready to pay for a new roof.

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » May 26, 2007, 9:06 pm

The check's in the mail.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 26, 2007, 9:15 pm

Just send it straight to Gerald Zongo(Bank.Of.Africa) in Burkina faso some where in Africa.

No Don't !!!!! . :lol:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 26, 2007, 9:58 pm

You know this was a much different strom then I have seen for awhile. Normally storms here you pull over for 15 min it's done and you move on not this time. What made u pullover wasn't the rain your wet your wet. But the winds were very strong enough so that you really had to lean into them to keep a stright direction, with even stronger gusts. we sr topped at one of the many little bus stops. Lightning was hitting all around us. I look what do I see a metal roof. Not a real comfortable feeling.

It was very apparent early on that this one was goign to be around a lot longer then 15 Mins. We were already wet so off we headed. Once the oil has been washed off the road if yuor careful it' no that hard to ride in. At times the rain was heavy enough that we slowed down to 30 Klms an hour and even slower, simply because any faster and you just couldn't see the road at all. That was a bit nerve rackin, but what was really scary was all that lightning. It was going off at least three times a minute the entire ride. It took us a good hour to carefully ride through it.

I noticed as it came through toningt hte lightning really didn't deminish.

I was here about seven year ago for the hundred rear storm, this was nothing compared to that. In a matter of six hours water was four feet deep around the house I was renting. It rained horizontally fo hours, it was at least two week before things began to return to normal.

Hotel rooms were at a premuim, the one thing I will never forget about that storm the Cheronsi Grand reduced it's room rates at a time they could have doubled them and still be at full occupancy. Udon is still a good place but seven years ago it was one hell of a great place.

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » May 26, 2007, 10:33 pm

I live very close to Lotus and we had a tree down, part of my guttering blew away and the upstairs now resembles a swimming pool as I forgot to close the windows #-o
Free the Doug 1

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 26, 2007, 11:04 pm

i just spoke to the relatives in Udon, and they told me they lost a pair of Y-front under-pants that blew off the washing line. :( .. still someone somewhere will have a result, as they where fairly new and freshly cleaned.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » May 27, 2007, 5:44 pm

A few signs down along Nongsamrong Rd. A piece of someones roof in my yard.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 27, 2007, 6:03 pm

jingjai wrote:A few signs down along Nongsamrong Rd. A piece of someones roof in my yard.
could be part if mackayae's father in-laws. :-k

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » May 27, 2007, 6:26 pm

Off the topic, but...

Does anyone know the tune Darryl was whistling in this scene from Kill Bill?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 27, 2007, 7:04 pm

Kill Bill .... Ellie Driver whistling tune, Twisted Nerve - Bernard Herrman

this one.. whistling tune <<< (the site, a mobile ringtone one, will give you a sample/preview of the tune,don't click on if you don't want to here it !!) .ImageImageImage

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » May 27, 2007, 10:56 pm

Just spoke to Mrs P.
She said there was power cuts all over the city.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 28, 2007, 9:20 am

Drove home, north on Nongsamrong Road, during that storm. High winds with the rain. Thought I was back in Florida for a minute during hurricane season. Lots of trees damaged in our neighborhood in BB Resort area. One big tree fell across our driveway and barely missed the spirit house. Tree on other side of spirit house fell in 90 degree direction away from the first tree that fell. Spirit house is in middle of the two trees. Where was my camera when I needed it? #-o

Nephews came over and made short work of the trees. They will be carting the wood back to the village to use. Nothing much is wasted here.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » May 28, 2007, 12:21 pm

The wife told me to expect rain when we come back in july, but she said nothing of destructive winds. Does this mean in the next month things will quiet down a little??? I've never been to Thailand at this time of the year before.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 28, 2007, 12:55 pm

Not the norm, usually i5 , mins to 30 mins of good hard rain and then it's done for the day.

But I have seen a lot worse then this.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 28, 2007, 4:04 pm

well good news on the under-pant's that blew away, just got informed that they have been found..Image thanks to all that were concerned regarding the tempory loss. ;)

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » May 28, 2007, 5:59 pm

Well BM I am so releived your under-pant's have been located.
I was staying inside with the doors and windows locked for fear of being accosted by said underpants.
Maybe the nightmares will stop now! :yikes:
Free the Doug 1

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 29, 2007, 7:11 pm

What we just had was a typical rain storm, dumping buckets for this time about an hour, a lots of temporary flooding around Udon. If things hold true to form the streets will be clear iin the morning, we gte six or seven hours of that and we are in for trouble big time

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”