A New Direction.

General Udon Thani topics only!
vlad
udonmap.com

A New Direction.

Post by vlad » February 22, 2019, 3:12 pm

I hope this thread is Accepted and the Team at UdonMap look at some of the issues in my opinion I have stated.
In my opinion the map has declined as a Major mouthpiece for Expats and long term members who may not reside in Udon but have an affinity with Udon. I have been a member for over Ten Years and I have seen and met many members over those years. Members know me as Vlad and some have met me to put my face to my name. The site was aimed as an information and help site and a chat room for Banter and fun. Most members were good humoured with no bad feelings aimed at Individuals in threads that got heated. I myself have posted threads near the knuckle and upset some members but it was not Malicious or personal, after al its just a chat room meant for fun. However over the past year it has declined and become stale primarily due to certain members.

This is not Criticism or an attempt to Troll these two members but in Lone Stars posts he is not using the Forum as it is intended, he does not join in or discuss threads and makes no attempt to join in as most will do he simply has an agenda of using the forum as a platform for propaganda and any members who disapprove or try to engage him, he puts them on his foe list so he does not see there remarks. This is not what the forum is supposed to be meant for. I will give you one simple thread. His thread is called Will Trump make the grade, page 158 of this thread consists of 13 posts 11 are cut n paste pics posted by him its out and out propaganda its not a debate where members can join in. Most of his threads are the same theme from blaming American politicians to ex presidents he will not debate with us. Id like the other members to look at ways to improve the forum.

I Sincerely hope some points I have raised are looked into and how the Forum will run better.

Vlad.

Udon Map
Admin

Re: A New Direction.

Post by Udon Map » February 22, 2019, 4:43 pm

If you don't like certain threads, you don't have to look at them or post in them. Just participate in the threads you want.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 22, 2019, 4:56 pm

vlad wrote:
February 22, 2019, 3:12 pm
. . .

I will give you one simple thread. His thread is called Will Trump make the grade

. . .
That's your thread. You started it. :)
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 22, 2019, 5:06 pm

vlad wrote:
February 22, 2019, 3:12 pm
I hope this thread is Accepted and the Team at UdonMap look at some of the issues in my opinion I have stated.
In my opinion the map has declined as a Major mouthpiece for Expats and long term members who may not reside in Udon but have an affinity with Udon. I have been a member for over Ten Years and I have seen and met many members over those years. Members know me as Vlad and some have met me to put my face to my name. The site was aimed as an information and help site and a chat room for Banter and fun. Most members were good humoured with no bad feelings aimed at Individuals in threads that got heated. I myself have posted threads near the knuckle and upset some members but it was not Malicious or personal, after al its just a chat room meant for fun. However over the past year it has declined and become stale primarily due to certain members.

This is not Criticism or an attempt to Troll these two members but in Lone Stars posts he is not using the Forum as it is intended, he does not join in or discuss threads and makes no attempt to join in as most will do he simply has an agenda of using the forum as a platform for propaganda and any members who disapprove or try to engage him, he puts them on his foe list so he does not see there remarks. This is not what the forum is supposed to be meant for. I will give you one simple thread. His thread is called Will Trump make the grade, page 158 of this thread consists of 13 posts 11 are cut n paste pics posted by him its out and out propaganda its not a debate where members can join in. Most of his threads are the same theme from blaming American politicians to ex presidents he will not debate with us. Id like the other members to look at ways to improve the forum.

I Sincerely hope some points I have raised are looked into and how the Forum will run better.

Vlad.
Glad to see others are realizing how shallow and annoying Lone Star is. But the OP will keep these provocative threads going, and I can see the point, volume and hits are necessary to get sponsorships and advertising income. So do as he says and just try and ignore LS and his fake news ramblings.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 22, 2019, 5:17 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:06 pm
. . .

and just try and ignore LS and his fake news ramblings.
This advice has been bestowed numerous times upon the brigadier brotherhood by fellow brigadier members. I have no idea why they continue to return.

If I was entering threads that interest you and disrupting your discussions -- as you do with all of your silly personal attacks on me -- I could sympathize with you and plead guilty.

I mind my own business unless I have information to contribute that may be helpful. Otherwise, I post in threads that interest me.

You are wanting to silence a member for posting things that you don't want to see. So don't look. Just like I don't go look at soccer threads.

Natas

Post by Natas » February 22, 2019, 5:19 pm

I am sick of the endless Banter about things outside our control.
Sick of seeing Trumps fning name everywhere. I come to this site because 40% of the time there is a good read.. The rest is a lack of quality of content.
I could go on but what is the point. It will fall on deaf ears.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:17 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:06 pm
. . .

and just try and ignore LS and his fake news ramblings.
This advice has been bestowed numerous times upon the brigadier brotherhood by fellow brigadier members. I have no idea why they continue to return.

If I was entering threads that interest you and disrupting your discussions -- as you do with all of your silly personal attacks on me -- I could sympathize with you and plead guilty.

I mind my own business unless I have information to contribute that may be helpful. Otherwise, I post in threads that interest me.

You are wanting to silence a member for posting things that you don't want to see. So don't look. Just like I don't go look at soccer threads.
We don’t need misleading or fake info, and if you don’t like criticism, ignore my comments.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 22, 2019, 5:26 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

We don’t need misleading or fake info, and if you don’t like criticism, ignore my comments.
If you think something is inaccurate, you need to provide facts and sources and refute it in a civil manner. I can have a rational polite discussion with anyone who is equally rational and polite.

Have a great weekend!

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » February 22, 2019, 5:47 pm

Do you vlad think it might have something to do with the fact that you posted a topic about Trump in the first place now Lone Star uses it. You started a topic called America Today in the Udon section. Because it didn't go how you wanted you are moaning.

If you think this forum is going downhill then maybe think about not using it as a vehicle for your anti-American vitriol.

What was the last topic you posted about Udon Thani or even Thailand?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 22, 2019, 6:47 pm

Exactly why members like yourself instantly bring up the old Anti American chestnut and go on the defensive you cannot join in with a decent debate unless your criticizing Posters. One thing I have noticed is certain members like to dish it out but don't like it when it comes back they would rather jump on the anti wagon. It's hard to open the main page without seeing Will Trump make the grade, Dems and Republicans , Did Clinton Email Faux Trump addresses EU Trade surely most members don't want to see this every time we open the main page there not even debates it's propaganda with cut n paste photos most are not even worded. This is what I am asking and one of the reasons the site is stagnant with no new input just the usual politics in America. Most members now are turning off and not bothering. I don't want to watch Udonmap go the same way as the other site down to 2 maybe 3 posters at most. So instead of attacking me Sateeb maybe you should put some input into the site.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 22, 2019, 7:57 pm

History has shown that LS/WBU Alum/Ricohoc et al is quite selective about which posts he responds to.

Generally they are from like-minded souls; or alternatively, those who he can skewer, because their posts are not well researched or presented. They will be labelled as obsessed/brigadiers (sic)/frenzied (what is 15 posts with memes in 1 hour?) etc etc, but in the sincerest "you are entitled to your opinion/have a nice day" sort of way.

Sort of a conservative religious fervour.

On the other hand, present an argument that has substance, backed up by reliable data from credible sources to counter his bullshiit, and you will be ignored.

Crickets!

Thus has it ever been. :D

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 22, 2019, 8:26 pm

vlad wrote:
February 22, 2019, 6:47 pm

. . . It's hard to open the main page without seeing Will Trump make the grade, Dems and Republicans , Did Clinton Email Faux Trump addresses EU Trade surely most members don't want to see this every time we open the main page there not even debates it's propaganda with cut n paste photos most are not even worded.
. . .
And the only thread started by me was the one about Dems and Republicans and Elections. All of the others were started by someone else.

Almost all of my news posts contain the source. Probably 75% of them or more. Sometimes I even provide a link, but that is rare. Too many lazy brigadiers who enter the thread only to throw rocks and run, so it's up to them to do their own research if they're sincere about a discussion.

vlad, I'll remind you. It was you who chose the term "anti-America brigade." Not anyone else.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 22, 2019, 8:38 pm

That's what you are though Lone Star what else would you call someone you believe is saying bad things against another country. As for your attempts to source facts, mostly your pages are just full of pics with captions thats not relevent.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » February 22, 2019, 8:50 pm

vlad wrote:
February 22, 2019, 6:47 pm
...snipped...
It's hard to open the main page without seeing Will Trump make the grade, Dems and Republicans , Did Clinton Email Faux Trump addresses EU Trade surely most members don't want to see this every time we open the main page there not even debates it's propaganda with cut n paste photos most are not even worded. This is what I am asking and one of the reasons the site is stagnant with no new input just the usual politics in America. Most members now are turning off and not bothering. I don't want to watch Udonmap go the same way as the other site down to 2 maybe 3 posters at most. So instead of attacking me Sateeb maybe you should put some input into the site.
Are you taking the pi55? You started that AND America today AGAIN in the Udon section. Attacking you? You are starting topics, developing convenient amnesia, leaving them be then whining about them.

AGAIN... What was your last topic about Udon? I put input mainly in the topic that interests me most. I don't have digital Tourettes constantly feeling the urge to start a topic about something I know nothing about.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 22, 2019, 8:55 pm

Natas wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:19 pm

. . .

Sick of seeing Trumps fning name everywhere. I come to this site because 40% of the time there is a good read
. . .
17 topics. Only two have Trump's name in the topic. I didn't start either one of those threads.

20190222-204900.jpg

Don't open them.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 22, 2019, 9:13 pm

It's obviously not sinking in, its about how we as members are posting. To be more blunt our American friends have taken over the site with there politics even though you don't live there anymore and if any members disagree or try to criticize you immediately your on the Anti American or your classes as a brigadier. Let's be honest there's not a lot to post about Udon except the arrival of Songkran but Jesus everytime I open my main page it's the usual propaganda and blame game on American politics.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 22, 2019, 9:48 pm

It's not about how many times you mention him in the title L/S it's about all the other threads your posting on, about him or Obama.

Natas

Post by Natas » February 22, 2019, 10:10 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 22, 2019, 8:55 pm
Natas wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:19 pm

. . .

Sick of seeing Trumps fning name everywhere. I come to this site because 40% of the time there is a good read
. . .
17 topics. Only two have Trump's name in the topic. I didn't start either one of those threads.

20190222-204900.jpg

Don't open them.
It is more then Trump.. This is Thailand not the USA. Give your heads a shake.
Maybe time for the UK and American Whiners to go home and Vote.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 23, 2019, 5:20 am

Natas wrote:
February 22, 2019, 10:10 pm

It is more then Trump.. This is Thailand not the USA. Give your heads a shake.
Maybe time for the UK and American Whiners to go home and Vote.
Stop reading what you don't like.

Americans vote from everywhere in the world. I do just fine from here.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 23, 2019, 5:21 am

vlad wrote:
February 22, 2019, 9:48 pm
It's not about how many times you mention him in the title L/S it's about all the other threads your posting on, about him or Obama.
Don’t read what you don't like. And yes, I do follow my own advice.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”