DFAS and IAT format

General Udon Thani topics only!
Tango Sierra
udonmap.com

DFAS and IAT format

Post by Tango Sierra » March 10, 2019, 7:14 pm

Have spent over 5 hours on the phone with DFAS trying to get information on how to change the direct deposit of retiree pay to the correct format. They could not understand why the change is needed as the Bank is in NYC. Explained to them what happens, NYC--Bangkok--Udon and it needs to be in the IAT format. After the 3rd call asked for a supervisor who also said could not be done, bank routing number shows NYC. Said I could try sending a new 1199I but Thailand is not on the list of approved countries. Anybody have luck on getting Mil retired pay in the correct format?
Not happy with BBK handling of the problem, has anyone used a different bank for SS, OPM, DFAS?

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: DFAS and IAT format

Post by Stantheman » March 10, 2019, 7:24 pm

Sorry to hear that they can not change. For me will keep DFAS funds going to Bank of America then do wire transfers to Bangkok Bank when needed as have old Military account that was converted to special regular account and currently no wire transfer fees.

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Re: DFAS and IAT format

Post by Armyvet » March 11, 2019, 1:48 pm

My direct deposit goes to my CU in LA and I write a check at SCB for any cash I want. Naturally I have an account there and sufficient money in it so they give me cash for the check on the spot.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”