Does anyone of you no the backgroud story behind..

General Udon Thani topics only!
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Does anyone of you no the backgroud story behind..

Post by Lone Star » March 22, 2019, 3:32 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 21, 2019, 9:59 pm
I agree on that point and it could happen, however there is no backup to the story so far so I will not be taking the risk that it isn't true.
Agree. Not worth the risk without verification, but it would make things nicer and easier. Even an updated passbook on the date of renewal without the letter would be helpful.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » March 22, 2019, 6:56 am

Firstly the bank told me "no letter required", then Immigration accepted my updated bank book prior to issuing the one year extension. Have to say many people on UM questioned the need for a bank letter when an updated bank book had all the information that was required.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 22, 2019, 6:59 am

Mudguard wrote:
March 22, 2019, 2:12 am
To avoid this req of 37 K Aus $ in Thai bank, it is far cheaper to for me to fly back to Aus n get an OA-M visa from Thai emb in Canberra as I did 18 months ago...I av also had an extension of 12 months till Oct 30th....Cheers, Mudguard
You can only get a 12 month extension from immigration with money in a Thai bank or money coming into a Thai bank.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 22, 2019, 12:47 pm

he's talking about doing a new OA-M visa in his home country which gives him the initial year and then if you go out and come back in on the last day of that year, you can stamped with a permission to stay of another year.. No extension done in Thailand of permission to stay, no purchasing of multiple re-entry permit (visa is multi-entry). When you leave to go back you stamp out of Thailand and the visa with no re-entry permit i cancelled. It requires you go home every couple of years and put together the entire packet of health form, police background check, salary letter, bank statments, visa application etc and re-apply.. I reckon its a viable dodge unless one day you walk into that embassy and they say no...
Dave

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 22, 2019, 3:28 pm

I do know and rules for visa entries and permissions to stay given when you enter.
Also the majority of the rules for extending a permission to stay

The terminology is important as the differences are not just semantic.

People have had, and continue to have, problems (sometimes expensive, sometimes being banned, sometimes loosing an extension) because they have confused them, or read information that didn't distinguish between a visa and a permission to stay.

So while your guess is probably correct, guessing about Thai immigration is hard enough already.

FWIW it is a commonly called Non-OA (Non immigrant visa-O-A) and they are all multi entry
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » March 22, 2019, 5:11 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 22, 2019, 3:28 pm

The terminology is important as the differences are not just semantic.

People have had, and continue to have, problems (sometimes expensive, sometimes being banned, sometimes loosing an extension) because they have confused them, or read information that didn't distinguish between a visa and a permission to stay.
The terminology is just semantic.

The only reason people have problems (sometimes expensive, sometimes being banned, sometimes loosing an extension) is because they listen to people on the web, instead of going direct to immigration with their questions.

Take two grains of salt with all post on the web including mine. Read them but Due diligence is a requirement.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”