Get rid of Automatic and Semi aoto guns now

General Udon Thani topics only!
Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Re: Get rid of Automatic and Semi aoto guns now

Post by Jing Jing » March 29, 2019, 7:54 pm

Gun death statistics can be found here

https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datar ... C6A13D7CB1

About half of the gun deaths are suicides! Another shocking fact is criminals and law enforcement officers are killed by guns.

Currently to obtain a machine gun in the US you need a special license. Military fully automatic weapons are not legally available to the public. Criminals will always have access to guns no mater what the laws are.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 29, 2019, 8:02 pm

Pls let the Yanks have all the guns they want

The more the better single shot, bolt action, semiauto, full auto, even mortars and artillery
The more the better
Because they will use them on themselves no one else

Let the boys/girls have fun

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » March 29, 2019, 9:09 pm

A simple Question to our American Members ? why do you feel the need to be armed with High Velocity Automatic or Semi Automatic Assault rifles in the home ? Most normal people I would imagine do not have these in there homes for protection. Do you think if a burgler enters your property and confronts you, do you believe you have ample time to open your locked gun case and take action. Please answer these simple questions.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » March 29, 2019, 11:22 pm

in texas they fear those guys over the border so keep large arsenals of weapons and ammo to defend themselves ,,but fully auto are good fun and leave a large smile on ones mug.. a full clip on a 9mm sten gun is brill..
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 30, 2019, 9:42 am

California gets a constitutional SLAPDOWN in federal court over 10-round magazine ban!!

There are even gun rights in Commiefornia.

A federal court just ruled unconstitutional a state law that tried to abridge Second Amendment rights by banning magazines with more than 10 rounds.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » March 30, 2019, 12:51 pm

Essex wrote:
March 29, 2019, 10:57 am
Whenever these discussions come up, after another atrocity, the old right to arms 2nd amendment is trotted out.

The second amendment was dated 1794.

Guns at that time were necessary in the USA for a number of reasons, there was no standing army, militias were a protection against foreign invaders, there was no police force and there was a big issue of Indian attacks. Plus no grocers stores so animals were hunted for food. Guns were muzzle loaders with it being impossible to fire more than 4 rounds a minute using a lead ball that had a range of about 50 meters.

How on earth can that 2nd Amendment stand up as a right to carry an assault rifle?

There is a powerful standing army, no need for local militias
There is a well functioning police force
No Indian raiding parties
Plenty of supermarkets with fresh meat.

If you like hunting, you don't need an AK47 the shred bambi. So many fatuous arguments about self defence, women able to protect themselves (over 330,000 were raped at gunpoint in USA in 2017). America, the rest of the world shakes it's head at the idiocy of thinking there is any sense in retaining an amendment designed for a the needs of different world more than 230 years ago.
Well said.
55517414_1252837784890867_20828416757758-1.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 30, 2019, 1:17 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
March 30, 2019, 12:51 pm
. . .
Only in an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect will any such actions be stopped from happening again. Some call it Utopia.

Evil exists in this world, whether law-abiding citizens have guns or not. In a world where law-abiding citizens are disarmed, Evil will find a way. Evil doesn't give a damn about laws.

I want to live in a world where there's a chance that a good guy with a gun will stop Evil.

Law-abiding citizens with guns meet the threshold of morality very easily. Law-abiding gun owners are extremely concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character -- the definition of morality. That's why they have guns and use them responsibly.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » March 30, 2019, 1:54 pm

So once again your fudging a simple question and not willing to debate instead your waffleing again about good guys vs Evil guys. Law abiding citizens do not store Assault Rifles in there home. Answer that simple question I asked.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 30, 2019, 2:21 pm

Utopia = Australia

Utopia = Singapore

Utopia = Japan

Utopia = Iceland

Utopia = UK

Utopia = etc etc etc etc

And funnily enough, each of those 1st world countries also offer an affordable and efficient public health care system. :-k

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 30, 2019, 2:48 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 30, 2019, 2:21 pm
Utopia = Australia
Utopia = Singapore
Utopia = Japan
Utopia = Iceland
Utopia = UK
. . .
None of those countries are Utopia, and Evil lives in all of them. In some of them, citizens go to jail for daring to speak truth.

Utopia doesn't exist, but I'm happy if the citizens of those countries are happy for the laws they have chosen for their societies. They have to determine what they want. Up to them. That's not for me to decide.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 30, 2019, 2:59 pm

vlad wrote:
March 29, 2019, 9:09 pm
. . .

locked gun case

. . .
What's that? Never heard of it.

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » March 30, 2019, 3:13 pm

WHY is it..People do not condemn anyone owning a knife...Why? Because the knockers cannot do without knives themselves....So the knockers condemn responsible people who av a gun license just because the knockers do not like guns....
If u take time to read the news everywhere, knife attacks av increased with killings n stabbings..
So, why don't you big mouths take up the cause n 'Ban Knives' ...because they r now more dangerous then guns .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 30, 2019, 3:20 pm

I imagine it is because us big mouths can see through such simplistic and nonsensical arguments.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 30, 2019, 3:26 pm

Mudguard wrote:
March 30, 2019, 3:13 pm
WHY is it..People do not condemn anyone owning a knife...Why? Because the knockers cannot do without knives themselves....So the knockers condemn responsible people who av a gun license just because the knockers do not like guns....
If u take time to read the news everywhere, knife attacks av increased with killings n stabbings..
So, why don't you big mouths take up the cause n 'Ban Knives' ...because they r now more dangerous then guns .
Agree.

It's called GET THOSE GUNS.

It's not about any concern for Evil people or violence. It's about getting those damn guns and taking them away from people who don't misuse them.

Population Control.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » March 30, 2019, 5:05 pm

Sorry for my ignorance great 1 but in the UK a case is anything can be locked in for security be it cask or guns if the case is big enough you still saying law abiding gun owners have there weapons in a locked case ie Cabinet ??

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » March 30, 2019, 6:00 pm

Lone Star,

If I am intent on killing kids and I know who the teacher is armed, I take out teach first, before he has a chance to reach for his weapon. Then, and only then do I shoot Mary, Jane, Meg, Peter, Jennifer, Walt, Ken..... and only 141 rounds left in my magazine. A good guy with a gun, is a surprised guy with a gun and the first to die.
I am independently poor

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 30, 2019, 6:17 pm

Essex wrote:
March 30, 2019, 6:00 pm
Lone Star,

If I am intent on killing kids and I know who the teacher is armed, I take out teach first, before he has a chance to reach for his weapon. Then, and only then do I shoot Mary, Jane, Meg, Peter, Jennifer, Walt, Ken..... and only 141 rounds left in my magazine. A good guy with a gun, is a surprised guy with a gun and the first to die.
You've made my point. Evil is intent on killing kids. It doesn't matter whether you know who is armed or not. A disarmed good guy will also die at the hands of Evil.

However, it usually works in the opposite fashion. The good guys with guns are usually a surprise to Evil -- school or elsewhere. Evil can't account for everyone.

Having the possibility of a good guy with a gun is still preferable for me. Evil can always get a gun if law-abiding citizens are disarmed.

We're not likely to agree on this.

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » March 30, 2019, 6:33 pm

LS,

Utopia = Australia gun deaths .034 per 100,000
Utopia = Singapore gun deaths .02 per 100,000
Utopia = Japan .04 gun deaths per 100,000
Utopia = Iceland not even on the radar
Utopia = UK 0.01 gun deaths per 100,000
non utopian - USA gun deaths per 4.43 100,000

crazy beyond belief but you still have no sane gun control laws, 100 times higher than most other developed nations. Children being slaughtered at a staggering rate. That is pure evil on behalf of a government that is in place for the better good. 2nd amendment, in my view pfffft, but you do not not have to change the 2nd amendment to stop this slaughter of innocent children.
I am independently poor

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 30, 2019, 8:28 pm

Essex wrote:
March 30, 2019, 6:33 pm
LS,

Utopia = Australia gun deaths .034 per 100,000
Utopia = Singapore gun deaths .02 per 100,000
Utopia = Japan .04 gun deaths per 100,000
Utopia = Iceland not even on the radar
Utopia = UK 0.01 gun deaths per 100,000
non utopian - USA gun deaths per 4.43 100,000

crazy beyond belief but you still have no sane gun control laws, 100 times higher than most other developed nations. Children being slaughtered at a staggering rate. That is pure evil on behalf of a government that is in place for the better good. 2nd amendment, in my view pfffft, but you do not not have to change the 2nd amendment to stop this slaughter of innocent children.
You're entitled to your opinion, Mr. Essex.

I'm happy that the citizens of each of those countries are happy with their laws and regulations.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 30, 2019, 8:44 pm

RED HERRING
Oh I admire your Country and what rules you have are GREAT OH its so good

BUT THEN

BAMMMM I will leave you a video to contradict my heartfelt sorrow and tell you really you don't know what you are talking about

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”