Why I in 20 years av never married a Thai lady...

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Why I in 20 years av never married a Thai lady...

Post by tamada » April 18, 2019, 1:22 pm

Mudguard wrote:
April 16, 2019, 10:26 am
I read today where a married foreigner who has Thai children from that marriage, was told he had to pay foreigner price for entering a water fall tourist area yesterday.....n the Thai family gets in free.....He lives here and is not a tourist..

I worked out 20 years ago when I was teaching here the hurdles n long jumps a married foreigner is persecuted with here by officialdom (immigration is first n foremost on the list)..who seem to hate foreigners married to Thais...

That was the reason I did not want to marry...I had many opportunities to do so....Over the years I av seen the never ending increase paperwork that married friends av to present each year.....n do not forget the family leeches..who think foreigners are a walking ATM Machine...for them to slide the card down your back...

We av an old saying in Australia...Why buy a book when you can join the library...
I enjoy my library membership....and being single, av enjoyed going to IMM every time...

Before you knockers jump in with the usual rubbish in response, "Read the first paragraph again".. 8)
Thanks for sharing your rationalization.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2019, 1:30 pm

Wide Awake wrote:
April 17, 2019, 12:26 pm
I would never marry again here. Its all about money.
Show up a little short of your 400K at time of VISA renewal, and you will be denied and told to leave.
They don't care how long you had been married, the fact you took good care of Thai wife, and or family.
No respect for the marriage "promise, commitment", contract.
Only the Benjamins. [-X
I take this as an admission that you were unable to control your own finances which was possibly compounded by your poor choices of life partner.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2019, 1:54 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
April 18, 2019, 10:58 am
Marriage and babies in Thailand? After getting hooked and reeled in without a fight you get stuck in the Keep Net, often full of predators, difficult to get out. You look back and realize you've been done up like a Kipper.
Nice to be out in the ocean with all those other fit and willing female fish.
All fine and dandy until the younger bloke with a bigger rod starts dropping his fancy lures in your fishing hole.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » April 18, 2019, 2:03 pm

tamada wrote:
April 18, 2019, 1:54 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
April 18, 2019, 10:58 am
Marriage and babies in Thailand? After getting hooked and reeled in without a fight you get stuck in the Keep Net, often full of predators, difficult to get out. You look back and realize you've been done up like a Kipper.
Nice to be out in the ocean with all those other fit and willing female fish.
All fine and dandy until the younger bloke with a bigger rod starts dropping his fancy lures in your fishing hole.
Ha ha quality that got me laughing.

Yes as you age and decline you will find out that there only there as long as your financing them in some way or another but if your happy with that set up then carry on.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2019, 2:35 pm

On my first 12-year Thai rodeo when I was admittedly young, dumb and full of cum, I mistakenly got married but it was a relatively brief, childless marriage that didn't take a lot out of me emotionally or financially and despite all the sharp and pointy things that were pitched at my head, I didn't get any scars or lose any body parts either.

When I came back after a maybe 12 years away, I was a 2-week millionaire all over again... for about a year. I began to notice all the silverhairs (the lucky ones!) perched like love-lorn cormorants on their bar stools, drinking to get happy and buying love every night. I hooked up with buddies from the previous tour of duty and there was a fair split between happily married, unhappily married and lamentably single. The rest had moved on or given up and gone home, realizing Thailand was just a stopover on their itineraries. If they weren't messing about on the side, we had the unhappily married ones living their lives vicariously through tales of conquest from the dwindling singletons and all clinging to some vestiges of their faded youth. I decided pretty quickly that old, saggy and lonely wasn't going to be my epitaph so I made the effort to secure a relationship that developed into love, trust and above all, true friendship. I reckon if your wife isn't top of your friends list, you still have some work to do. If you don't see the importance of having that friendship, you may as well throw the towel in and be single again. Plenty empty bars stools available these days.

Old and saggy?... that's fine with me.

Who's round is it BTW?

Wide Awake
udonmap.com

Post by Wide Awake » April 18, 2019, 3:54 pm

Wide Awake wrote: ↑April 17, 2019, 12:26 pm
Show up a little short of your 400K at time of VISA renewal, and you will be denied and told to leave.
They don't care how long you had been married, the fact you took good care of Thai wife, and or family.
Only the Benjamins.
Tamada responds:
I take this as an admission that you were unable to control your own finances which was possibly compounded by your poor choices of life partner.
Really Tamada? You know what they say about "assuming". I never said this was me...but thought it was important for others to know. Maybe its not important to you as you said about yourself: " I was admittedly young, dumb and full of cum".
Maybe your just getting too old and see the need to try to put someone down, thinking this will "lift you up".
And for the many others on here who like to do this same low down "attack" crap. Get a life.

Natas

Post by Natas » April 18, 2019, 5:31 pm

you should write a book called "Thailand: Don't do what I did".. or start a vblog like Scott Mallon in BKK educating people. Hahahaha

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » April 18, 2019, 7:40 pm

Many Thai ladies have told me , Thai man for love , farang for money .if you not buy house why you come to Thailand we not want you here . Expats have always got an excuse about their marriage and how great it is .
I love it here friendly people but I am here on my terms .I have a good laugh reading all you expats defending your marriages and having a go at any one who thinks different from your views .

Natas

Post by Natas » April 18, 2019, 8:07 pm

plumbers wrote:
April 18, 2019, 7:40 pm
Many Thai ladies have told me , Thai man for love , farang for money .if you not buy house why you come to Thailand we not want you here . Expats have always got an excuse about their marriage and how great it is .
I love it here friendly people but I am here on my terms .I have a good laugh reading all you expats defending your marriages and having a go at any one who thinks different from your views .
The only 'Thai Ladies' I hear talking like this are the Bar Girls or Freelancers.
Normal Thai people who actually work and have money.. I never hear them talk like "Working Girls".. Or have the village mentality. Not saying they are all evil or bad.. But if Thai people with money do not trust these types? why the ---- do expats?

If this is what you hear from the Thai people you surround yourself with well.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 18, 2019, 9:11 pm

plumbers wrote:
April 18, 2019, 7:40 pm
It's always different strokes for different folks Some guys think with the little head and refuse to listen to the big head. That is a recipe for failure. In fifteen years I have not built or bought my wife a house, new or otherwise. We have been quite content living in her two bedroom western style house. She didn't have it finished to western standards but I did that. Much cheaper then building a new house. You are certainly free to live and die alone, no one will care. Maybe your like thinking buddies will have a drink to your memory but they really don't care.

Maybe I should add that my wife was never married and never had any children. I paid no sin sot and there was no big wedding party. Was I simply lucky? Maybe, but I like to to think that the big head made my decisions.

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » April 19, 2019, 8:01 pm

Glalt , i was not having a go at you , i have been here nine years and am quite happy with my life ,
Good luck and keep thinking with the big head , many dont as you well know .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 19, 2019, 8:20 pm

plumbers wrote:
April 19, 2019, 8:01 pm
Glalt , i was not having a go at you , ...........
Perhaps not, but it reads like you were having a go ("a good laugh") at every farang here who has been fortunate enough to establish a long term, happy relationship. [-(

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » April 19, 2019, 8:33 pm

Jacksprat stop getting you nickers in a twist or have i hit a nerve . In my eyes your just a mug ,
get over your self .

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » April 19, 2019, 10:17 pm

Lets be honest either way married or not does it really matter ?

Debating it on here is pointless because neither side will ever concede, why waste the time and energy ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2019, 10:30 am

Wide Awake wrote:
April 18, 2019, 3:54 pm
Only the Benjamins.
Really Tamada? You know what they say about "assuming". I never said this was me...but thought it was important for others to know. Maybe its not important to you as you said about yourself: " I was admittedly young, dumb and full of cum".
Maybe your just getting too old and see the need to try to put someone down, thinking this will "lift you up".
And for the many others on here who like to do this same low down "attack" crap. Get a life.
Thanks for the belated suggestion that you were only recycling the already stale subject of perilous immigration status. Exactly how you ascribe this to being married isn't clear since there seems to be just as many, of not more, unhappy single coffin dodgers on the brink of folding their tent as unhappy married ones. I base this on the frequent threads on other forums touting the benefits of relocating to Cambodia, PI and Latin America. Not too many 'married with kids' will be entertaining that fanciful escape. Anyway, if this didn't happen to you personally, why are you so riled up about it? I mean it's not as if any of us need reminding is it?

TBH, life is all about the Benjamins regardless if you are single or married. Chances are that if someone is a bit of a soft touch or a reckless spender as a married man, he aint gonna be some well-minted financial wizard as a single bloke is he? Probably a regular sucker for the "barfine my sister me" gambit. Just look at the 'sponsors' demographic where they are either hopelessly single or desperately lonely. Maybe a bit of both. Not many married men 'investing' in the further education of younger, fitter totty either.

Don't you worry about me getting too old too soon. That only happens when you worry too much about other people's bad joss.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”