New Traffic Laws & Penalties

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: New Traffic Laws & Penalties

Post by DuiDui49 » February 7, 2020, 5:33 pm

johanthomsen wrote:
February 7, 2020, 1:38 pm
Good with the intent of making the roads safer for pedestrians, but there so many other factors in the thai driving that also needs adressing...I am sure alot of the drivers dont even have a genuine driving license to start with. 😳
Read somwere that 40% of Thais do NOT have a DL...and how many have Insurance/paid their Tax..The 3 ung boys that rearended me while i was bicycling didn't have neither.At the Policestation they tryed to swap Tax from one who had to the one the kids were driving..Police said it was 1 week late,report already written..otherwise he would have "helped"the parents he said..reason was he felt sorry for the parents...NOT ME who nearly died..go figure..

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 7, 2020, 6:19 pm

Having a Drivers License will not make the roads any safer
Enforcement and decent fines (500 baht for blocking an Emergency vehicle is a joke) is part of the formula to get the (I wont say Idiots) culprits off of the roads

As for your dilemma DuiDui perhaps if the Parents were put in jail then they might and I say again MIGHT understand

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 7, 2020, 9:49 pm

All i can confirm is recently i got nabbed for speeding .. roadside payment 200 with receipt .. another time 500 by camaras in Roi et province .. i was doing 105 for the 200 and 111 in a 90 zone at midnight ..damm those new fangle night vision cams. I dont usually drive fast and always cars n trucks whizzing past me both sides .. just allowed the speed to get up without realizing ..honest officer.

Red light jumpers need nailing crazy some just ignore the lights what ever the colour .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: New Traffic Laws a HEADS UP

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 18, 2020, 7:40 pm

I was recently informed the corect procedure if stopped at a police check.point with reference to speeding NOT other issues like tax n red light jumping etc ..this was from.a police friend of mine whom.i asked as i do a lot of traveling n always getting pulled ..exacy what he said happened today .
On the 2074 Phuttisong to Buriram.road ..passi g thru Khu Muang town .
Just outside Khu Muang i was stopped at a normal.police check pont ..
Officer said i was speeding ..capturedby camera 98 in a 90 zone
I recalled my mates advice
Do you have the camera evidence / the picture ..
Yes replied bib
Took out his smart phone showed me a pic of another car not mine
Thats not me ..different truck
Oh sorry bib
Radioed to some one n smart phone ping ..showed me a very bad blurred pic of my truck ..
The number plare was ilegible .. i pointed this out
Bai mai chat ..
Bib returned my license n told me to proceed .. n be careful
So
Always ask for picture evidence n check its you
If it is you but the number plate is unreadable .. tell.them.and dont pay
If they refuse to give your licesse back ask fotr the officer in charge of tge check point .
If it is you and the plate is clear ..pay the fine n get on with your day .. but always ask fir a disc if they dont issue a receipt .. or ask directly ..100 ok .. for a coffee ..
Jist a heads up

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 19, 2020, 7:07 am

Yes I concur with DM, they ( The BIB ) do try it on, advice be polite as always but demand evidence ( not just because he said so ) . Then say , sorry I go to court to argue the case, as the Judge will invoke the LAW and just because a squint eyed, half blind Police officer says it is, does not mean it is and the Judges know that .
What I will add as many think otherwise at least 50% of the breath testing machines are flawed, so ,even one drink could put you in the proverbial, do not tempt fate .

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”