Welcome Everyone to our new Forum Home

General Udon Thani topics only!
mogster

Post by mogster » July 8, 2005, 9:27 pm

Hi There all,

Mogster Checking in with the new site.
Still living in Phuket and taking my holidays up on the farm in Udon.

Will be back in September - fishing and stocking the new pond.

Chock Dee

Egor
udonmap.com

The other side

Post by Egor » July 9, 2005, 8:03 pm

Hmm the new forum seems alittle different, but about the same. Posts, replys and of course smileys. I had problems getting my old ID to work, not sure what was up with that. Just got back to the states from 5 weeks running around Thailand. It is possible I forgot my password though, had a few beer chang and I might actually be working on killing the brain cells I use. Oh well good times anyway.

:D

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 10, 2005, 9:13 am

Although reasonably new to the old forum I've just cossed over. Having a problem getting my Avatar below the 10K limit. Trying to use the same one I use on TV which is 46K.

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

New Forum

Post by PopsIcafe » July 10, 2005, 10:22 am

I want my pirate please!!!!!!!!!!!! [-( ](*,) :mrgreen:

john2005
udonmap.com

Post by john2005 » July 10, 2005, 2:27 pm

It's great to have a local forum for those specific questions.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » July 10, 2005, 8:34 pm

Pops,

Mebbe you can pull your pirate from this url:

http://www.avatarity.com/category/67/?p=2

Mai pen rai, krap. After further investigation and forum reading it looks like Admin got it in there for ya. :pirate:

Along with some other good ones \:D/

Egor
udonmap.com

Post by Egor » July 11, 2005, 3:36 am

Bandung_Dero, I was having the same problem getting my avatar under the 10k max size. What is the format of your image? I opened my image in microsoft paint. Once in paint I shrunk it down by hitting "image" then "Stretch/Skew". I also saved it as a .jpg and got it down to 2.58k. When I started the image was over 70k before I started trying to shrink it down.
Let me know if that does not work for you.

Egor :)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 11, 2005, 10:33 am

Egor wrote:Bandung_Dero, I was having the same problem getting my avatar under the 10k max size. What is the format of your image? I opened my image in microsoft paint. Once in paint I shrunk it down by hitting "image" then "Stretch/Skew". I also saved it as a .jpg and got it down to 2.58k. When I started the image was over 70k before I started trying to shrink it down.
Let me know if that does not work for you.

Egor :)
Thanks Egor
Used that method to get it to fit into theTV forum. BUT MSpaint has crashed (long story involving MS and HP support) and I will probably try on my daughters machine. No hurry

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 9, 2005, 12:13 am

Congratulations to Admin (and all the Members)

It is now just over three months since Admin welcomed us to a new home for the Forum and, if I am correct in my interpretation of the numbers, the new Forum has now had more posts in this short period than the old one has had since the Udonmap site first started.

This is due, in no small part, to the relatively laid back, tolerant and broad minded style that Admin has adopted in dealing with the subject matters raised and the erudition, spelling and shining wit (or lack thereof) demonstrated by its members.

The whole Udonmap site has been constantly improved since its inception (I won

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » October 9, 2005, 12:27 am

Your right Jimbo this is my first stop went turning on the computer. Reading the posts does make Udon feel just a little closer but as me me it's only 21 hours till wheels up and hello Udon.

Sorry BB keep trying that lotto I want to meet you and the Mrs.
Punish the Liver

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » October 9, 2005, 12:56 am

Thai_1_On wrote: Sorry BB keep trying that lotto I want to meet you and the Mrs.
Dont worry mate, I'm sure the time will come soon enough.

Some nice words there written by Jimbo, I have to agree though, the site is going from strength to strength :)

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 9, 2005, 2:34 am

Jimbo, great words which I (as a newbee) agree with 100%. Absolutely brilliant site with loads of information, plenty of lighthearted banter and disagreements always conducted in the best possible taste. Jeab seems to control the whole thing with a very light touch and so seems to get the best out of all the posters. It has given me loads of food for thought about what i need to do before I get to Udon and what I need to think about once I am actually there. Plus a great deal of advice from people who i feel that i can trust - not necessarily always agree with, but certainly who are giving good, honest advice from first hand experiences.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”