Road Deaths as compared to Actual Deaths

General Udon Thani topics only!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Road Deaths as compared to Actual Deaths

Post by Doodoo » June 19, 2019, 6:03 pm

"Daily News reported that road deaths at the scene of accidents in the kingdom has now passed 7,000 in 2019.

With 51 deaths on Monday the figure is now at 7,078 for the year.

They cautioned that this is ONLY those that die at the scene. In reality the figure is much higher when all fatalities are totted up."

The actual deaths from road accidents reaches in the area of 27,000 per annum or about 74 everyday

Just a statistic people so drive Defensively

Good Luck

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Road Deaths as compared to Actual Deaths

Post by stattointhailand » June 19, 2019, 7:00 pm

Perhaps they should do as some American areas and erect large billboards at the side of the road saying "27 people killed and 62 injured at this road junction since the start of 2019" and several graphs showing the increase or decrease at that Junction, in that town, in that state etc compared to the national average. Mind you , chances are whilst your reading the billboard you will probably have pranged your car :roll:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they said "Have a nice day" at the bottom =;

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 19, 2019, 7:22 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 19, 2019, 7:00 pm
Perhaps they should do as some American areas and erect large billboards at the side of the road saying "27 people killed and 62 injured at this road junction since the start of 2019" and several graphs showing the increase or decrease at that Junction, in that town, in that state etc compared to the national average. Mind you , chances are whilst your reading the billboard you will probably have pranged your car :roll:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they said "Have a nice day" at the bottom =;
[/quotes

Starts

They actually do that already in some areas have seen signs ex amount killed on this road in past year. Probably because it's in Thai most of us don't realise it

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » June 19, 2019, 7:38 pm

maybe if there was a way to automaticaly send a message to there phone warning of dangerous area as they came to it as they are most likely driving while using there phone they will see it.
No point putting big road signs up Thais are like blinkerd horses when travelling that why they can never give directions

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 20, 2019, 8:21 am

Dont know about now , but i traveled a lot by road years ago , and up country on the mountain roads you would often see a wreck of a pick up on a pedestal to warn you of a dangerous road . It worked for me , slowed me down .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 20, 2019, 10:36 am

saint wrote:
June 20, 2019, 8:21 am
Dont know about now , but i traveled a lot by road years ago , and up country on the mountain roads you would often see a wreck of a pick up on a pedestal to warn you of a dangerous road . It worked for me , slowed me down .
Damn, I always thought they were adverts for a "breakers yard" :lol:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 20, 2019, 1:22 pm

saint wrote:
June 20, 2019, 8:21 am
Yes, there seemed to be a national campaign......displaying the worst wrecks alongside the road with warning signs about reckless/drunk driving/speeding.

There's a number of signs alongside the road on the way to Nongwahsaw......advising of a high number of deaths in the area. I've seen similar signs elsewhere, especially in areas where there are a lot of curves. Reason #5001
This particular sign: ระวัง..!! Caution..!! / ตายแล้ว 7 ศพ 7 people have died already / ถนนข้างหน้า on the road ahead
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”