Trump's US in retreat: racism, domestic pathologies behind global mess

General Udon Thani topics only!
glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Trump's US in retreat: racism, domestic pathologies behind global mess

Post by glalt » June 29, 2019, 2:14 pm

Our founders were much more intelligent than the politicians of today. If not for the electoral college, The state of Kalifornia, and the cities of Chicago and New York City would elect all the presidents. That would be a total disaster. It should be easy for everyone to see what kind of shape democrat controlled areas look like.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 29, 2019, 2:27 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:52 pm
He is not exactly a person with any credibility in my view, nor a person of any achievement in life, other than that of fu..individual up the State of NSW, then trying to Fu..k up the Federal scene, along with other useless Cronies, such as the likes of Gillard and Rudd and then continuing on to sponge of the Australian Tax Payer. Carr was nothing but an arrogance Fu..ck and this is how most people viewed him. So by all means listen to what he has to say

You're on the money there Pip

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 29, 2019, 2:29 pm

glalt wrote:
June 29, 2019, 2:14 pm
Our founders were much more intelligent than the politicians of today. If not for the electoral college, The state of Kalifornia, and the cities of Chicago and New York City would elect all the presidents. That would be a total disaster. It should be easy for everyone to see what kind of shape democrat controlled areas look like.
You nailed it, glalt!
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2019, 2:32 pm

Correct glalt

My understanding is that the Founding Fathers established it in the Constitution back in 1787 and at that time set up the process of The Electoral College, which consists of 538 electors, and so needs a majority of 270 electoral votes to elect the President. The reason that the Founders created the Electoral College may be a bit difficult to understand today, but it was obviously created for the right reasons at that time, most likely to stop one State dominating the influence over the election outcome or one group of people determinig the fate of the whole Country. I may be wrong, but there was obviously some reasoning behind it.

Nevertheless, I also understand that The Electoral College is embodied in the Constitution in Article 2, Section 1, and in the 12th Amendment. It appears that that the process of The Electoral College has worked reasonably well for the past 200 years.

If as I stated, it is embodied in the Constitution in Article 2, Section 1 and in the 12th Amendment, then like all Articles within the Constitution, if some people now wish to change it, they too will need to follow the rules, and so take it though the Constitutional Change process, whatever that might be, rather than just sit back and criticize and complain about it now being unfair, in their narrow minded view.

Just my 2 cents worth

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on June 29, 2019, 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2019, 2:34 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:59 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

Just my 2 cents worth

pipoz4444
I suggest you have grossly overestimated the value of your contribution. :roll:

I am not sure that I referenced to or suggested any contribution by Myself, in my post. [-X [-X :-k

Please read my post again

pipoz4444

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 29, 2019, 2:37 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 29, 2019, 2:32 pm
My understanding is that the Founding Fathers established it in the Constitution back in 1787 and at that time set up the process of The Electoral College, which consists of 538 electors, and so needs a majority of 270 electoral votes to elect the President. The reason that the Founders created the Electoral College may be a bit difficult to understand today, but it was obviously created for the right reasons at that time, most likely to stop one State dominating the influence over the election outcome or one group of people determinig the fate of the whole Country. I may be wrong, but there was obviously some reasoning behind it.

Nevertheless, I also understand that The Electoral College is embodied in the Constitution in Article 2, Section 1, and in the 12th Amendment. It appears that that the process of The Electoral College has worked reasonably well for the past 200 years.

If as I sated it is embodied in the Constitution in Article 2, Section 1 and in the 12th Amendment, then like all Articles within the Constitution, if some people now wish to change it, they too will need to follow the rules, and so take it though the Constitutional Change process, whatever that might be, rather than just sit back and criticize and complain about it now being unfair, in their narrow minded view.

Just my 2 cents worth

pipoz4444
You're absolutely correct.

The Founders and Framers were dead set against pure democracy, which is why the US is a federal constitutional republic.

Like all parts of the Constitution, it requires an Amendment and following that process. Things just can't be done away with like LIBs like to whine about. As I've stated so many times, if it was important to all Americans, there would be an Amendment to change it. Amendments were never meant to be easy.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 29, 2019, 2:53 pm

It is a fact the electoral college was created those many years ago to prevent highly populated areas from electing all the presidents. Today it is even more important to prevent those same types of places from electing presidents. I think that it is quite obvious that Kalifornia is the worst governed state in the union. And yes, I lived there for five long miserable years when Grey Davis was the governor. Even the democrats finally realized how incompetent he was.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2019, 3:11 pm

Robert John Carr (born 28 September 1947) is a retired Australian politician who served as Premier of New South Wales from 1995 to 2005, as the leader of the Labor Party. He later entered federal politics as a New South Wales senator, and served as Minister for Foreign Affairs from 2012 to 2013........

........Carr was re-elected twice, in 1999 and 2003, eventually resigning as premier in 2005 after 10 years in office. Only Henry Parkes served as premier for longer, and no one has served a longer consecutive term..........

........For his work in improving Australia–US relations he was awarded a Fulbright Distinguished Fellow Award Scholarship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Carr
But wait ....... there's more:
He has served as Honorary Scholar of the Australian American Leadership Dialogue.

https://www.abc.net.au/qanda/bob-carr/10640502
So Carr was Premier of NSW for 10 years, with his party being re-elected twice - by popular vote I might add. So the people of NSW seemed to think he had plenty of credibility.

And then he became Australia's Foreign Minister for 18 months, and also received honours and appointments relating to US policy study - which you would think would make him eminently qualified to comment on world and US affairs. \:D/

It appears a couple of contributors here are absolutely talking out of their respective hats.

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » June 29, 2019, 3:19 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
Essex wrote:
June 29, 2019, 11:20 am
https://www.smh.com.au/national/trump-s ... 521m9.html

Interesting article. Will not please the Trump supporters, but an opinion by one of Australia's foremost experts on American history.
So this Australian person is a "Foremost Experts on American History", but one who couldn't qualify to be an expert in Australian History. Interesting. I can only assume that he failed the exam on the History of his own Country (Australia). \:D/ \:D/.

Re: One of Australia's Foremost Experts on American history”: I see the article is attributed to Bob Carr. Do you know who Bob Carr is or was: Robert John Carr: He was an ex mediocre Australian Politician. Started his life out as a Journalist – Now that’s a really good career isn't it. =D> =D> [-o< Then he went on to become another less than useless Politician, following a long list that our unfortunate country, Australia, has had to endure. =; =; :-k :-k

He is not exactly a person with any credibility in my view, nor a person of any achievement in life, other than that of f..k..g up the State of NSW, then trying to Fu..k up the Federal scene, along with other useless Cronies, such as the likes of Gillard and Rudd and then continuing on to sponge of the Australian Tax Payer. Carr was nothing but an arrogance Fu..ck and this is how most people viewed him. So by all means listen to what he has to say :-k :-k

Not exactly a person of achievements, or an expert in anything, in my humble view, but each to his own

Who in their right mind would listen to what an Australian Politician had to say about “Word Politics”

Just my 2 cents worth

pipoz4444
pipoz,

Curious, what makes you an expert on Australian politicians? Your credentials in this area?

As for your assumption that Bob failed Australian History, the old adage of Assume - Make an Ass of U and Me is correct.

Firstly, there was no subject called Australian History in High School. You can hardly fail a subject that was non-existent, there was 'Modern History' and 'Ancient History'. Bob, never failed an exam in his life, he was Dux of his year every year from 1960 to 1964 when he graduated with a scholarship to NSW University.

During his time as a journalist for the ABC and The Bulletin, he was frequently invited by American Universities and other bodies to deliver lectures on American History. Even Bob's detractors acknowledge his academic credentials.

As for him being a failed politician, he was NSW's second longest serving premier. The people of NSW made their own judgement.

He then became Australia's Foreign Minister under both Gillard and Rudd.

Not bad for the son of a train driver and stay at home mum who lived in a cheap cottage opposite my similarly modest family home in Matraville.
I am independently poor

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2019, 6:33 pm

All I can say is, that some of you guys, must be easily pleased when it comes to Political achievements in Office and who was a good Leader and who was not. Your standards or expectations are obviously less than mine. Anyway each to his own views and or opinions.

There are many other articles written about Bob and his time in political life and whilst I don't advocate that they are all accurate, some were however written in the more reputable newspapers, such as the Financial Times, the Sydney Morning Herald and on the ABC new web, but Who Cares a F...k about Bob Carr, Eddie O and all the other no hoper politicians of their time.

Curious?, well you might just have to die wondering and we will leave it at that.

I will say that I was a resident of Sydney, during part of his time in Office. I might be wrong but, were you there during those years?

This post started because Mr. E... obviously values the opinion and or credibility of Mr. Carr. Personally, I do not give a FF about him and I don't value his opinion. \:D/ \:D/

Regards

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on June 30, 2019, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2019, 6:34 pm

All I can say is, that soem of you guys, must be easily pleased when it comes to Political achievements in Office and who was a good Leader and who was not. Your standards or expectations are obviously less than mine. Anyway each to his own views and or opinions.

There are many other articles written about Bob and his time in political life and whislt I don't advocate that they are all accurate, some were however written in the more reputable newspapers, such as the Financial Times, the Sydney Morning Herald and on the ABC new web, but Who Cares a F...k about Bob Carr, Eddie O and all the other no hoper politicians of their time.

Curious?, well you might just have to die wondering and we will leave it at that.

I will say that I was a resident of Sydney, during part of his time in Office. I might be wrong but, were you there during those years?

This post started because Mr. E... obviously values the opinion and or credibility of Mr. Carr. Personally, I do not give a FF and I don't value his opinion. \:D/ \:D/

Regards

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2019, 6:34 pm

All I can say is, that soem of you guys, must be easily pleased when it comes to Political achievements in Office and who was a good Leader and who was not. Your standards or expectations are obviously less than mine. Anyway each to his own views and or opinions.

There are many other articles written about Bob and his time in political life and whislt I don't advocate that they are all accurate, some were however written in the more reputable newspapers, such as the Financial Times, the Sydney Morning Herald and on the ABC new web, but Who Cares a F...k about Bob Carr, Eddie O and all the other no hoper politicians of their time.

This post started because Mr. E... obviously values the opinion and or credibility of Mr. Carr. Personally, I do not give a FF and I don't value his opinion. \:D/ \:D/

Regards

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2019, 6:35 pm

Regards

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2019, 7:05 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 29, 2019, 6:33 pm
All I can say is, that soem of you guys, must be easily pleased when it comes to Political achievements in Office and who was a good Leader and who was not.
That's pretty rich, coming from an uncritical Trump supporter. =;

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2019, 7:06 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
All I can say is, that soem of you guys, must be easily pleased when it comes to Political achievements in Office and who was a good Leader and who was not.
That's pretty rich, coming from an uncritical Trump supporter. =;

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 29, 2019, 7:11 pm

Just for reference sake,
The original article posted was written by Bob Carr, as mentioned above.

Bob Carr was a member of the Australian Labor Party.
This party is the equivalent of the American Democratic Party.
Spend money like there's no tomorrow.
Give free money to every deadbeat in the world.
Have Zero fiscal responsibilities for there actions.

Does anyone really think he was going to write something nice about Mr Trump???

Think about it!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 29, 2019, 7:28 pm

Lone Star wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:08 pm
mickojak wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:07 pm
So, same system every other president has won under?
Absolutely correct. Except Washington ran unopposed.
And Ford, who kinda stumbled into it (and the vice presidency as well).
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » June 30, 2019, 2:13 am

Curiously, Essex and Jackspratt both failed to reveal that Bob Carr was parachuted into the role of Foriegn Minister without being elected by the Australian voters. He filled a casual senate vacancy and lasted less than 2 years, exiting stage left with the demise of the then labour government of the day Essex, Jackspratt, if you are going to tell a story , try not to hold back facts that interested readers would need to consider in determining your bias on the subject.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 30, 2019, 5:30 am

Thank you, mickojak and trekkertony!

It's good to have everything in context. Image

Much appreciated.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 30, 2019, 6:11 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
All I can say is, that some of you guys, must be easily pleased when it comes to Political achievements in Office and who was a good Leader and who was not.
Wow - that is pretty rich coming from an unabashed admirer of the Bloated Orange Bullshitter. :shock:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”