Converting 60 day Tourist Visa to 12 Month Extension

General Udon Thani topics only!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Converting 60 day Tourist Visa to 12 Month Extension

Post by semperfiguy » July 30, 2019, 3:17 pm

I have a friend who is new to Udon and needs advice on converting his 60 day Tourist Visa from the Thai Consulate in Vientiane to a 12 month extension based on retirement at the Udon Thani Immigration Office. He went to Vientiane recently to seek a Non-Immigrant O Visa based on retirement and was able to show 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank, but was unable to provide the Police Clearance and Medical Certificate, so he was only given the Tourist Visa.

He has already spoken with the new Director at the Udon Immigration Office for his requirements to convert to a 12 month extension, but rather than explain what documentation would be required he immediately went for the throat and told him he could make it happen for several thousand baht.

I have searched the main Thai Immigration Bureau website and there are no guidelines set out for this specific conversion...only a phone number to call for further advice. Therefore, does anyone on the forum have any specific experience with this, and if so, will you kindly respond with your suggestions/comments. Thanks in advance for your help!

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Converting 60 day Tourist Visa to 12 Month Extension

Post by newtovillagelife » July 30, 2019, 3:43 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
July 30, 2019, 3:17 pm
I have a friend who is new to Udon and needs advice on converting his 60 day Tourist Visa from the Thai Consulate in Vientiane to a 12 month extension based on retirement at the Udon Thani Immigration Office. He went to Vientiane recently to seek a Non-Immigrant O Visa based on retirement and was able to show 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank, but was unable to provide the Police Clearance and Medical Certificate, so he was only given the Tourist Visa.

He has already spoken with the new Director at the Udon Immigration Office for his requirements to convert to a 12 month extension, but rather than explain what documentation would be required he immediately went for the throat and told him he could make it happen for several thousand baht.

I have searched the main Thai Immigration Bureau website and there are no guidelines set out for this specific conversion...only a phone number to call for further advice. Therefore, does anyone on the forum have any specific experience with this, and if so, will you kindly respond with your suggestions/comments. Thanks in advance for your help!
The first step is to obtain your non-immigrant O Type visa for Thailand. You must be on this type of visa first before you can transition to a Thailand Retirement Visa.

I would pay the bribe, if reasonable, and be on my merry way.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 30, 2019, 3:45 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 30, 2019, 3:43 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
July 30, 2019, 3:17 pm

The first step is to obtain your non-immigrant O Type visa for Thailand. You must be on this type of visa first before you can transition to a Thailand Retirement Visa.
Or pay the money as IO advised

Wide Awake
udonmap.com

Post by Wide Awake » July 30, 2019, 4:19 pm

Have him contact Siam Legal.com thay can probably do something and get a reciept.
I started out in the US with them. They did everything, send me papers to sign and return..off I went
Appearantly they sold me a 1 yr VISA, and emailed me saying "Don't forget to do your 90day Visa runs".
A nice Britian volanteer Immigration guy at the Phuket office told me, Just get a form and change to Retirement Visa, you have the money in the Bank, don't pay any Lawyers. Did the upgrade myself..simple..Then later to the Marriage Visa. Never was asked for any police clearance or medical, ever since 2010
Siamlegal has phone #'s and you can ask questions online. Hope you don't have to go back to your country, just to come back in.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”