Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1507
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by RLTrader » August 5, 2019, 5:28 pm

Seems to be a lot of Sales from people leaving Thailand?
Have not checked other forms, but this site seems to have a lot of "leaving sales"? Beating the rush?



User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 1092
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by Giggle » August 5, 2019, 5:30 pm

No, no, no. It's all glorious and fabulous. I saw a red license plate today!

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3676
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by tamada » August 5, 2019, 6:26 pm

Yes, there's a lot of people selling up and leaving. But I think there's a lot more people that are still just talking about the reasons why they want to leave.

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 300
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by mech_401 » August 6, 2019, 1:19 am

houses , cars , motorbikes , you're not exaggerating. but I also think the reasons
are many and varied people are moving :-s

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com
Posts: 812
Joined: April 16, 2016, 9:20 am

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by Marcosteffano » August 6, 2019, 2:37 am

I've come back to the uk 4 months ago,was only going to stay here for 3-6 months working and seeing my family and to get out of the heat.its been 100% trip so far.food and beer are super cheap and of super quality.ive got work 7 days a week if I want it and good pay....now I was thinking of staying here until Xmas but what with the baht I'm not coming back until song kram or even longer.if I do come back to Thailand early it'll be to sell the house cheap and move the cash back here but as we know it takes a long time to sell in Thailand.funny that one.i can't work out why Thailands economy is booming and it takes years to sell a property and everyone around my village don't seem to be working where as the uk economy is all doom and gloom but I sold my house in 10 minutes and everyone seems to be working and has money.
It's just under 4 months and I've seen the pound lose 5 baht and it's not over yet.its hard for some people to admit but Thailand isn't the Thailand they fell in love with which includes me.

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1507
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by RLTrader » August 6, 2019, 6:09 pm

mech_401 wrote:
August 6, 2019, 1:19 am
houses , cars , motorbikes , you're not exaggerating. but I also think the reasons
are many and varied people are moving :-s
maybe true, but after following ad's for 15+ years, don't remember seeing this much. Its all downhill from here on to the end of the year and beyond maybe 2 or 3 months.

Bargains for those staying.

yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 856
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by yartims » August 6, 2019, 7:29 pm

following stickyman ?
the only good Tory is a lavatory

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1507
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by RLTrader » August 6, 2019, 8:02 pm

yartims wrote:
August 6, 2019, 7:29 pm
following stickyman ?
Who?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com
Posts: 984
Joined: August 13, 2009, 8:35 am
Location: Canada, Hua Hin

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by jai yen yen » August 6, 2019, 10:36 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
August 6, 2019, 2:37 am
I've come back to the uk 4 months ago,was only going to stay here for 3-6 months working and seeing my family and to get out of the heat.its been 100% trip so far.food and beer are super cheap and of super quality.ive got work 7 days a week if I want it and good pay....now I was thinking of staying here until Xmas but what with the baht I'm not coming back until song kram or even longer.if I do come back to Thailand early it'll be to sell the house cheap and move the cash back here but as we know it takes a long time to sell in Thailand.funny that one.i can't work out why Thailands economy is booming and it takes years to sell a property and everyone around my village don't seem to be working where as the uk economy is all doom and gloom but I sold my house in 10 minutes and everyone seems to be working and has money.
It's just under 4 months and I've seen the pound lose 5 baht and it's not over yet.its hard for some people to admit but Thailand isn't the Thailand they fell in love with which includes me.
What you say is true, I have been back in Canada for awhile now and feel the same. My friends in Thailand have been trying to sell their houses for years and many want to leave. The Thailand I fell in love with was back in 2003 and it definately is not the same now. Some may like it still and that is fine if it works for you. I would still be there if country was the same as it was back in 2003.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by newtovillagelife » August 7, 2019, 2:00 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
August 6, 2019, 2:37 am
I've come back to the uk 4 months ago,was only going to stay here for 3-6 months working and seeing my family and to get out of the heat.its been 100% trip so far.food and beer are super cheap and of super quality.ive got work 7 days a week if I want it and good pay....now I was thinking of staying here until Xmas but what with the baht I'm not coming back until song kram or even longer.if I do come back to Thailand early it'll be to sell the house cheap and move the cash back here but as we know it takes a long time to sell in Thailand.funny that one.i can't work out why Thailands economy is booming and it takes years to sell a property and everyone around my village don't seem to be working where as the uk economy is all doom and gloom but I sold my house in 10 minutes and everyone seems to be working and has money.
It's just under 4 months and I've seen the pound lose 5 baht and it's not over yet.its hard for some people to admit but Thailand isn't the Thailand they fell in love with which includes me.
Surprised you don't know, most Thais won't buy second hand. They would rather by a new home, only Falangs settle for used..

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2812
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by saint » August 7, 2019, 5:16 am

Giggle wrote:
August 5, 2019, 5:30 pm
No, no, no. It's all glorious and fabulous. I saw a red license plate today!
Me too , but it was on a nice V8 Mercedes from BKK so doesnt count . !!!

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2812
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by saint » August 7, 2019, 5:19 am

jai yen yen wrote:
August 6, 2019, 10:36 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
August 6, 2019, 2:37 am
I've come back to the uk 4 months ago,was only going to stay here for 3-6 months working and seeing my family and to get out of the heat.its been 100% trip so far.food and beer are super cheap and of super quality.ive got work 7 days a week if I want it and good pay....now I was thinking of staying here until Xmas but what with the baht I'm not coming back until song kram or even longer.if I do come back to Thailand early it'll be to sell the house cheap and move the cash back here but as we know it takes a long time to sell in Thailand.funny that one.i can't work out why Thailands economy is booming and it takes years to sell a property and everyone around my village don't seem to be working where as the uk economy is all doom and gloom but I sold my house in 10 minutes and everyone seems to be working and has money.
It's just under 4 months and I've seen the pound lose 5 baht and it's not over yet.its hard for some people to admit but Thailand isn't the Thailand they fell in love with which includes me.
What you say is true, I have been back in Canada for awhile now and feel the same. My friends in Thailand have been trying to sell their houses for years and many want to leave. The Thailand I fell in love with was back in 2003 and it definately is not the same now. Some may like it still and that is fine if it works for you. I would still be there if country was the same as it was back in 2003.
Can you name a country that is the same as it was in 2003 ? Not a trick question , just wondering . :-k

jai yen yen
udonmap.com
Posts: 984
Joined: August 13, 2009, 8:35 am
Location: Canada, Hua Hin

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by jai yen yen » August 7, 2019, 5:33 am

saint wrote:
August 7, 2019, 5:19 am
jai yen yen wrote:
August 6, 2019, 10:36 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
August 6, 2019, 2:37 am
I've come back to the uk 4 months ago,was only going to stay here for 3-6 months working and seeing my family and to get out of the heat.its been 100% trip so far.food and beer are super cheap and of super quality.ive got work 7 days a week if I want it and good pay....now I was thinking of staying here until Xmas but what with the baht I'm not coming back until song kram or even longer.if I do come back to Thailand early it'll be to sell the house cheap and move the cash back here but as we know it takes a long time to sell in Thailand.funny that one.i can't work out why Thailands economy is booming and it takes years to sell a property and everyone around my village don't seem to be working where as the uk economy is all doom and gloom but I sold my house in 10 minutes and everyone seems to be working and has money.
It's just under 4 months and I've seen the pound lose 5 baht and it's not over yet.its hard for some people to admit but Thailand isn't the Thailand they fell in love with which includes me.
What you say is true, I have been back in Canada for awhile now and feel the same. My friends in Thailand have been trying to sell their houses for years and many want to leave. The Thailand I fell in love with was back in 2003 and it definately is not the same now. Some may like it still and that is fine if it works for you. I would still be there if country was the same as it was back in 2003.
Can you name a country that is the same as it was in 2003 ? Not a trick question , just wondering . :-k
No I can not, everything changes it is just the changes in Thailand took away my reasons for being there. It has changed in my small community in Canada as well but the basic things we enjoy are still here.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1344
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by Doodoo » August 7, 2019, 6:58 am

Can you name a country that is the same as it was in 2003 ? Not a trick question , just wondering . :-k

Canada

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”