Noise Pollution

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Noise Pollution

Post by parrot » November 13, 2019, 3:36 pm

I came across an interesting thread on one of the Udon news threads lamenting the sound of Singaporean jets practicing their flights (22) over Udon. I live 18km from the airport and can hear the jets when they're just taking off on afterburner. A few days ago I was at the PTT station near the airport when the jets took off. It's not something I'd want to deal with on a regular basis.

saint
udonmap.com

Re: Noise Pollution

Post by saint » November 14, 2019, 8:21 am

Its something none of us want to deal with !.
Commercial jet engine manufacturers spend millions on making their engines as quiet as possible , with amazing results in my opinion .
Yet us residents in Udon have to put up with these military jets bursting eardrums and shaking tiles from roofs , because the Govennor and local military do not give a nonsense about the locals , as long as theres a few Baht in it for them .
I mean its not even the Thai airforce . Singapore must pay handsomely to use Wing 23.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Noise Pollution

Post by FrazeeDK » November 14, 2019, 9:03 pm

I'd have to say that over the last few months the operations tempo at the Air Base seems to have ramped up markedly.. The Joint training with the Chinese, then the Thais exercising their Gripens, then Thai F-16's now the Singaporeans with their F-16's... Thank God that when those jets are screaming southward after taking off my three dogs just know that howling at them chases the jets away!! I wonder if they're going down to Nam Phong Air Field 40km or so north of KK to use practice bombs on the range there or do touch and goes on the airstrip..
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”