C clips where art thou

General Udon Thani topics only!
maaka
udonmap.com

C clips where art thou

Post by maaka » November 14, 2019, 2:51 pm

I munted the C clip, Sir clip, or however you spell it, on the shaft of my post hole borer, and need another, about thumb thickness, and the special pliers one needs to put one of the beggars on..any of you fellas bought them here before. Taa

saint
udonmap.com

Re: C clips where art thou

Post by saint » November 14, 2019, 2:56 pm

You should be able to get both at the fixings shop just past the nong bua lights . Second or third shop , key shop on the corner .
Left hand side coming into town from Big C . Take the old one with you .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 14, 2019, 3:00 pm

See my Aug 2013 post 8n this thread
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/h ... =1&start=0

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 14, 2019, 4:51 pm

No offence intended Saint but I might know Parrots shop location better than Big C..I know Big C if coming from Centara, but if one isnt ready I always end up on some big highway, and miss things.

Parrot is that shop in your other post, toward the new fly over bridge thing before Nongkhai highway?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 14, 2019, 5:42 pm

maaka wrote:
November 14, 2019, 4:51 pm
No offence intended Saint but I might know Parrots shop location better than Big C..I know Big C if coming from Centara, but if one isnt ready I always end up on some big highway, and miss things.

Parrot is that shop in your other post, toward the new fly over bridge thing before Nongkhai highway?
Yes, as you're heading north to the intersection, the store is in your left, probably 700m before the actual intersection

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 14, 2019, 7:27 pm

thanks for that..thought so as I always get the bus / truck out to me village at the Borasaw just up the ways there..
will descend on the nut place with haste, as am testing a post hole borer to see if I can wham a fence in..but enough rock at the moment to buy a rock crusher, and sell the shingle to the tessaban for roading..

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » November 14, 2019, 8:41 pm

maaka wrote:
November 14, 2019, 2:51 pm
I munted the C clip, Sir clip, or however you spell it, on the shaft of my post hole borer, and need another, about thumb thickness, and the special pliers one needs to put one of the beggars on..any of you fellas bought them here before. Taa
Circlip, this what you looking for
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (4.26 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Quality is best done first

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 15, 2019, 5:45 am

yes Mate that the thing..

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 15, 2019, 7:50 am

maaka wrote:

No Worries . As long as you get what you want .
As ive lived this side of town for the last ten years , i completely forgot about the shop Parrot suggested .

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » November 15, 2019, 9:56 am

Maaka,
Tool Pro on the northern side of the ring road will definitely have them.
Thev'e got everything.
Mick

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » November 15, 2019, 10:43 am

maaka wrote:

The shop mentioned here definitely has them as I've bought circlips as described there about a year ago.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 15, 2019, 1:30 pm

HOLD ALL CALLS. PLACE YOUR BETS..
I swung my leg over the bike this wonderful morning, after I had swung it over the missus of course, wonderful , because the missus, and family, who have managed to fleece me over the last two days, of all my holiday monies, and call me everything from sticky, to tighter than bark on a tree, is now at and end, Darlingso now I can quite rightly say ' No Have. I am Skint my llove, ' and so the topic of money has died dead in the water..thank the Lord..

Now where was I, oh yes I hooned the 100km to Udon this morning to said shop as previously stated. Took a few Red Devil loops around the new bridge area to finally locate it, as it, and surrounding area is somewhat changed from the previous photo, all but the yellow sign..it is right at the start approach to the new bridge, on the left, an end shop, smaller than a sow's ear. I presented my munted Circlip as if it was ' The One Ring ', and the little fella the size of a bantam weight boxer, merely said, " How many you what " as if I was asking for nails.. 6 please..just to make sure I didnt ride home and munt another one..

So he had the right size, and a handful stashed away on selves that were busting with hardware treasures of all sorts.
he even had the special pliers, straight one's or bend ones for 160bt, and he was all over me like a silk rug after I handed he the moola, and said I would tell every farang I knew, two of them, that his shop was The Shop for fiddly bits..

so thank fellas for all the help, now I can get back to clinging on to a post hole borer, ,like it was a merry go round..

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 15, 2019, 1:43 pm

Glad that worked out for you, maaka.
The shop used to carry a good line of o-rings as well, but last time I was there the owner said he didn't carry them anymore. Have no fear:
O-rings, across the street from the front of the jail house, there's a motorcycle parts store. They carry a good selection of o-rings. I'd imagine many other motorcycle parts stores do as well.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”