Living in Thailand with a Million US Dollars lying around What ?

General Udon Thani topics only!

with a Million US Dollars lying around What would you do or not do?

Poll ended at November 25, 2019, 4:53 pm

• Leave
43%
• Buy a 500K house and hope for the best
No votes
• Something else
57%

Total votes: 7

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Living in Thailand with a Million US Dollars lying around What ?

Post by RLTrader » November 23, 2019, 4:53 pm

After seeing a few half million $ houses for sale was just wondering?
Living in Thailand with a Million US Dollars lying around? What would you do or not do?

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Re: Living in Thailand with a Million US Dollars lying around What ?

Post by anefarious1 » November 23, 2019, 7:37 pm

What a ridiculous poll. Obviously it depends on each family's situation, but spending half the money on a house seems a bit much. I voted 'something else' (which tells you nothing).

It's a shame people live here because they don't have enough funds to live where they'd prefer. That explains all the miserable old geezers sipping Changs!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 23, 2019, 8:41 pm

Well, I wouldn't drop 500k on a house here in the States, sure in the hell wouldn't drop that kind of money on a house in Thailand, given the fact that you can't even own the land in Thailand if you are a foreigner.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 23, 2019, 9:16 pm

That explains all the miserable old geezers sipping Changs!
I like Chang beer same as I liked 'Beer Lao' when I worked in Laos, same as I liked Ba Ba Ba (333) when I worked in Vietnam. Cannot remember being a miserable fecker in those Countries. Old, maybe but miserable???

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 23, 2019, 9:52 pm

Unbelievable that the USD has dropped so far that houses in LOS can cost 500k USD :yikes:

Can only think it must be some idyllic seafront mansion that will be under water in 30 years 8-[

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2019, 11:16 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
November 23, 2019, 7:37 pm
What a ridiculous poll. Obviously it depends on each family's situation, but spending half the money on a house seems a bit much. I voted 'something else' (which tells you nothing).

It's a shame people live here because they don't have enough funds to live where they'd prefer. That explains all the miserable old geezers sipping Changs!
Oi! It's Archa! Miserable old geezers sipping Archa!

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » November 24, 2019, 6:53 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 23, 2019, 9:52 pm
Unbelievable that the USD has dropped so far that houses in LOS can cost 500k USD :yikes:

Can only think it must be some idyllic seafront mansion that will be under water in 30 years 8-[
You only need to take a stroll along Nong Prajak Lake statts it wouldn’t even buy you a house in the new housing development Nirvana Beyond :shock:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 24, 2019, 9:22 am

Chuchi wrote:
November 24, 2019, 6:53 am
stattointhailand wrote:
November 23, 2019, 9:52 pm

You only need to take a stroll along Nong Prajak Lake statts it wouldn’t even buy you a house in the new housing development Nirvana Beyond :shock:
I doubt it'd buy a quarter Rai of land in that area.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 24, 2019, 11:48 am

Someone somewhere is "'avin' a bloody larf" if they re trying to charge that in Udon [-X [-X [-X

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 25, 2019, 8:35 am

Chuchi wrote:

Nirvana Beyond can't remember where, but seem to remember someone saying prices starting at 25 million baht or around 825K US dollars, but I have a hard time believing anyone would pay that much for a hot concrete box, plus with no view of Nong Prajak Lake from inside.
except for 1st 2 units, ur view is your neighbors concrete box, which looks to be a couple of feet away on each side.

Has anyone stop by for a look?

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » November 25, 2019, 9:04 am

Yes, I have. The furnished model is impressive, but it is obvious these units are for wealthy Thai and Lao. They buy properties like this to flaunt their wealth and to cement their status. No farang in their right mind would buy.
RLTrader wrote:
November 25, 2019, 8:35 am
Chuchi wrote:

Nirvana Beyond can't remember where, but seem to remember someone saying prices starting at 25 million baht or around 825K US dollars, but I have a hard time believing anyone would pay that much for a hot concrete box, plus with no view of Nong Prajak Lake from inside.
except for 1st 2 units, ur view is your neighbors concrete box, which looks to be a couple of feet away on each side.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » November 25, 2019, 1:39 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
November 25, 2019, 9:04 am
Yes, I have. The furnished model is impressive, but it is obvious these units are for wealthy Thai and Lao. They buy properties like this to flaunt their wealth and to cement their status. No farang in their right mind would buy.
RLTrader wrote:
November 25, 2019, 8:35 am
Chuchi wrote:

Anefarious,Rl trader I agree with your comments.This has been the topic of conversation before when I queried why the land wasn’t bought up by one of the big condo companies (I would have been interested in purchasing a unit), I can only think there is a law that forbids it .

Rayq81
udonmap.com

Post by Rayq81 » November 25, 2019, 5:43 pm

If I had that kind of money I would not be wasting half of it on a house, you can still build a decent place on a plot of land for a small amount.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 25, 2019, 6:08 pm

I pity the guy that spends 25 Million Baht for a house anywhere around Nong Prajak Lake only to discover that there is a constant stream of extremely loud noise coming from that area because of all the concerts throughout the year and nightly aerobic classes.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”