Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by jackspratt » September 6, 2021, 8:19 pm

That could have been written by KP, mike. :?

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 7, 2021, 11:38 am

Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 7, 2021, 1:18 pm

Exactly Mike a great article from yourself Thanks
If there is every a call for money savings action, ideas here in Thailand I hope we hear from you again in having all traffic signs, road markings, lighting both traffic and night lighting removed. Who needs them in the first place. All that is warranted is an ashphalt or cement slab for vehicles to travel on.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 7, 2021, 1:55 pm

Lots of concrete lane splitters have been deposited on the central drainage ditch of the clockwise ring road from Big C flyover, in front of Siam Grand towards Thai Watsadu. I think it safe to assume it will be taken to single lane (maybe including hard shoulder) while work is done
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 7, 2021, 8:00 pm

Just took the doggies out for a wazz and the tesaban guys are instaliing a very small sign indicating NO LARGE LORRIES to use the inner slip road .. i will take a pic tomoz of this rather silly effort to prevent carnage..it is already being totally ignored when the traffic lights are on red. This lfrontage rd needs speed bumps .. signs are just a total.waste of time..its a joke so much so 1 minute after the guys had fitted it i offered my advice and my dog jack pissed up.the post

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 7, 2021, 8:31 pm

Trucks are soon going to trash those flimsy storm drain covers

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 8, 2021, 6:12 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 7, 2021, 8:00 pm
Just took the doggies out for a wazz and the tesaban guys are instaliing a very small sign indicating NO LARGE LORRIES to use the inner slip road .. i will take a pic tomoz of this rather silly effort to prevent carnage..it is already being totally ignored when the traffic lights are on red. This lfrontage rd needs speed bumps .. signs are just a total.waste of time..its a joke so much so 1 minute after the guys had fitted it i offered my advice and my dog jack pissed up.the post

DM
What did I say always a knee jerk reacti8on to a problem that could have been foreseen and dealt with. Pity your moving could be interesting the tally of Accidents and Injuries over the next few months .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2021, 6:35 am

Heres the marvelous new sign fitted yesterday that is sure stop large trucks :lol: using the new super dooper twin lane inner frontage road which is in essence entry n exit for residents n businesses not a race lane to avoid a brief stop at the lights.

The BIB need to fit cams and get a spot fining every large truck and speeders using it ..they would make a fortune ..

I can confirm the sign is being totally ignored.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 8, 2021, 6:49 am

The new sign will be ignored by Thai drivers just like they ignore all other traffic control signs.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2021, 7:07 am

Mike ... Im seeing that as i type ... as soon as the traffic lights go red the inner lane gets full , the sign is a waste of time only speed bumps , cams and fines will help ...not cure just help.

More so The famous Nong Hin Duck noodle restaurant is now open again .. and yesterday the place was packed .. every table full (tin pot biz eh Tam) , the car park inside which is a good size full and over spill cars parking on the inner lane of the new frontage road outside his shop .. and still the huge trucks kept thundering through to beat the red light... there will be accidents for sure UNLESS the Tesaban and or BIB do something.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 8, 2021, 11:52 am

“Do Not Enter” for small rigids

18 wheeler artics & truck/trailer combinations must be okay 👍

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 8, 2021, 12:33 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 8, 2021, 7:07 am
Mike ... Im seeing that as i type ... as soon as the traffic lights go red the inner lane gets full , the sign is a waste of time only speed bumps , cams and fines will help ...not cure just help.

More so The famous Nong Hin Duck noodle restaurant is now open again .. and yesterday the place was packed .. every table full (tin pot biz eh Tam) , the car park inside which is a good size full and over spill cars parking on the inner lane of the new frontage road outside his shop .. and still the huge trucks kept thundering through to beat the red light... there will be accidents for sure UNLESS the Tesaban and or BIB do something.

DM
For months you've been heralding this t-junction in Bahn Nork as being as quiet as the grave and an indication of the general nationwide malaise due to Covid.

Now it's suddenly chok-a-block full of "thundering" lorries?

Get a grip.

Maybe you can do that topless spandex thing thingmie the next time you're walking your doggies and see if that distracts a driver enough to create the carnage you seem to crave?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2021, 1:00 pm

tamada wrote:
September 8, 2021, 12:33 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 8, 2021, 7:07 am

DM
For months you've been heralding this t-junction in Bahn Nork as being as quiet as the grave and an indication of the general nationwide malaise due to Covid.

Now it's suddenly chok-a-block full of "thundering" lorries?

Get a grip.

Maybe you can do that topless spandex thing thingmie the next time you're walking your doggies and see if that distracts a driver enough to create the carnage you seem to crave?
No doubt with both the covid restrictions meaning less traffic in general and construction work including no traffic lights in operation slowing things down it has come as a bit of a shock that now completed and the lights back in use how busy the brand new mega intersection has become... the overall area is massively improved alas the introduction of the inner frontage all be it a great idea on a design plan is in reality extremely dangerous for the residents and businesses based there (tin pot or not).

Of course you have to be here in Udons West side ... or even on Thai soil to experience and judge first hand thus offer a valid opinion ..alas Jammy you are neither... so yer talking out yer sporan AGAIN

Joy and respite from the earth shaking trucks as the Tesaban have coned off the inner road so zero through traffic using it thus far today.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 8, 2021, 1:31 pm

So 11 million baht's worth of road improvements that exceeded time and cost budgets is undone by a noodle-selling squatter and half a dozen 500 baht plastic cones.

YCMTSU
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2021, 2:19 pm

tamada wrote:
September 8, 2021, 1:31 pm
So 11 million baht's worth of road improvements that exceeded time and cost budgets is undone by a noodle-selling squatter and half a dozen 500 baht plastic cones.

YCMTSU
26 mil bt .... YES , dont mess with the duck noodler n his bollards

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 8, 2021, 8:50 pm

Width restriction at the entry & maybe a couple more further along making a chicane would be better.
Everyone would soon get sick of the constant thump, thump, thump of speed bumps

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 10, 2021, 7:27 am

RR/AP Mega junction update
The inner slip /frontage road is now closed off with large bollards , peace for a while .. NOODLEMAN POWER ?? .. more likely due to then re doing some of the man hole drain covers.

I would love to see speed bumps , flashing signs , cameras , fines .... and beatings for the large commercial truck drivers that are using the lane illegally .the new sign is being totally ignored as predicted.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 10, 2021, 9:33 am

^ In fairness to the nasty truckers, unless there is more signage further up the road, the picture indicates the sign is actually in the bypass lane (& rather small) so not really sure what the driver is meant to do when he sees it

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 10, 2021, 11:55 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 10, 2021, 7:27 am
RR/AP Mega junction update
The inner slip /frontage road is now closed off with large bollards , peace for a while .. NOODLEMAN POWER ?? .. more likely due to then re doing some of the man hole drain covers.

I would love to see speed bumps , flashing signs , cameras , fines .... and beatings for the large commercial truck drivers that are using the lane illegally .the new sign is being totally ignored as predicted.

DM
As I said which seemed to be ignored, it will be knee jerk reaction to the problem and until serious injury or a death happens, not a lot will be done .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 11, 2021, 7:14 pm

Ignoring the previous post, I can confirm there is another lorry no entry sign about 50m out on the main road.
I’ve no idea what the sign in the slip road is supposed to achieve.

I see there are plastic lane splitters on the slip road now. I’d get hold of duck noodle man as he seems to be in the know & show him how a chicane would work. He can then talk to whoever he has the ear of.
Change the plastic temporary splitter to concrete & job done, solution by Monday. Simples
Next to no expense or structural work either which can only make the contractor more inclined to get on with it

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”