Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by tamada » October 22, 2021, 10:13 pm

Judging by the dearth of doom and gloom prognostications, the re-invented airport entrance, t-junction, east-side ring-road bypass thingmie must be all working splendidly, no?

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 22, 2021, 10:29 pm

The west side Ap/rr intersection make over is complete n MARVELOUS .. the eastside is a shambolic mess cos KP said so.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 23, 2021, 6:18 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 22, 2021, 10:29 pm
The west side Ap/rr intersection make over is complete n MARVELOUS .. the eastside is a shambolic mess cos KP said so.
Actually what I said was that the contra flows and the chicane was not only bad but planmned by someone with almost zero knowledge of traffic requirements and that because fo the FOPUR day weekend holiday it is not going to iomporve until next week possibly. The road building is going along as it has for the past few months haphazardly and when one really looks at it carefully , also badly planned cor implemented.
Shambolic is not a word I used, poorly managed would be better. With the Road user being the last consideration the contractors think about when signing or lighting the road works.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 23, 2021, 8:15 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
October 23, 2021, 6:18 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 22, 2021, 10:29 pm
Actually what I said was that the contra flows and the chicane was not only bad but planmned by someone with almost zero knowledge of traffic requirements and that because fo the FOPUR day weekend holiday it is not going to iomporve until next week possibly. The road building is going along as it has for the past few months haphazardly and when one really looks at it carefully , also badly planned cor implemented.
Shambolic is not a word I used, poorly managed would be better. With the Road user being the last consideration the contractors think about when signing or lighting the road works.
So my analysis was more or less spot on ..thanks for confirming KP.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 6, 2021, 7:53 am

a bit of deviation from "Udon Traffic" but since most of our woes here are construction related has anybody noticed that a huge overpass bridge is being built up over the railway for the Nong Khai bypass to the Friendship Bridge??? Saw a video of a Thai trucker the other day pointing out the consturction there.
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 6, 2021, 9:49 am

Not Udon but a heads up anyone traveling to Bkk and moving within the metropolis .. since Nov and restrictions being lifted the traffic is back to grid lock in some places especially at peak times ... also some road flooding is not helping.

back in Udon ... this is only a heads up not a whinge.

After local complaints council guys been at the junction of dreams monitoring the traffic flow especially on the inner slip/frontage road that runs directly outside the old Tap building and Nong Hin Duck noodle .. armed with a speed gun it appears my prediction of a Le Mans style sweeping high speed curve to avoid a stop at the traffic lights is proving all to tempting with some transiting this lane at over 100 kmsph ... being as there is a blind spot its only a matter of time before some sort of carnage ensues...

the new pavement however remains a marvelous addition for dog walking !!

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 6, 2021, 12:49 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 6, 2021, 9:49 am
Not Udon but a heads up anyone traveling to Bkk and moving within the metropolis .. since Nov and restrictions being lifted the traffic is back to grid lock in some places especially at peak times ... also some road flooding is not helping.

back in Udon ... this is only a heads up not a whinge.

After local complaints council guys been at the junction of dreams monitoring the traffic flow especially on the inner slip/frontage road that runs directly outside the old Tap building and Nong Hin Duck noodle .. armed with a speed gun it appears my prediction of a Le Mans style sweeping high speed curve to avoid a stop at the traffic lights is proving all to tempting with some transiting this lane at over 100 kmsph ... being as there is a blind spot its only a matter of time before some sort of carnage ensues...

the new pavement however remains a marvelous addition for dog walking !!

DM
Seems things move quick here on the West side .. :shock: ... just been for my lovely duck noodle fix and the tesaban roady guys were in having a meeting about this mornings visit , it appears they will be installing 3 speed retarding / speed bumps on the entrance to the inner slip /frontage road ..more so it also seems its been advised and agreed along with the BIB traffic police to fit cameras to catch anyone speeding after the bumps so hopefully these 2 plans will ease some issues raised by the locals living on the roadside...done sooner rather than later ..one chap saying with a cheeky grin quote ..Mr we do quick sure !!! so it must be right then .

DM

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 6, 2021, 2:51 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 6, 2021, 7:53 am
a bit of deviation from "Udon Traffic" but since most of our woes here are construction related has anybody noticed that a huge overpass bridge is being built up over the railway for the Nong Khai bypass to the Friendship Bridge??? Saw a video of a Thai trucker the other day pointing out the consturction there.
Judging from the way I read Thai (not so good), I get the impression that Nongkai is building up an 80 rai distribution center for goods that will cross (either way) over the existing bridge. There are plans for a separate rail bridge......but as I read it, it's still in planning.
https://mgronline.com/business/detail/9640000103081

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 6, 2021, 4:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_dDqhyCbEhere's a recent video.. evidently it is a larger comprehensive ring road expansion that will have a large interchange at Route 2 then extend the current bypass east then north to bypass Nong Khai for vehciles heading to Beung Khan.

what he thinks is road widening in the opening part of the video is I believe the completed water pipeline project..
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 6, 2021, 4:23 pm

posted on the Lao Railway string a while back that the Thai/Lao/Chinese government had signed an MOA for the new rail bridge to parallel the current on with a planned completion date of 2023.
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 26, 2021, 9:46 am

The road boys are back and installing new signs on the inner frontage road at the RR/AP junction.. not really hopeful it will do much good same as the NO LARGE TRUCK signs havent .

Unless the BIB set up a camera and fine gig ... theres money in them there signs !!...btw 50 is still to fast should ov been 30 IMO

DM

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 26, 2021, 10:33 am

Why are there even any signs, road markings, painted lines anywhere in Thailand? No one obeys them, and no one there to enforce them. A potential money saver for the governments

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » November 26, 2021, 8:08 pm

The worst drivers I've ever encountered throughout the many countries I've been in are right here in Udon Thani. Most are totally brain dead!
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 26, 2021, 8:14 pm

Never bèen to Rome then Mike?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 27, 2021, 8:09 am

Hong Kong was far worse and they had a far better Police Force .

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 27, 2021, 8:16 am

You mean to say KP tha there was a presence of the local Police in Hong Kong?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 27, 2021, 11:00 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 27, 2021, 8:16 am
Yep, when I was there 1970`to 1972 Hong Kong Police led by Brits, were seriously efficient and not to be trifled with , now of course a mere shadow of its former glory.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 27, 2021, 11:29 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 27, 2021, 11:00 am
Doodoo wrote:
November 27, 2021, 8:16 am
Yep, when I was there 1970`to 1972 Hong Kong Police led by Brits, were seriously efficient and not to be trifled with , now of course a mere shadow of its former glory.
u sure about that.jpg
Lightweights
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » November 27, 2021, 1:28 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 26, 2021, 9:46 am
The road boys are back and installing new signs on the inner frontage road at the RR/AP junction.. not really hopeful it will do much good same as the NO LARGE TRUCK signs havent .

Unless the BIB set up a camera and fine gig ... theres money in them there signs !!...btw 50 is still to fast should ov been 30 IMO

DM
I passed through this junction 4 times yesterday, it is a matter of time before some maniac attempting to save a few seconds on his way to his hammock crashes and burns. Vehicles going towards Udon are diving left at the very last second to avoid the traffic lights, one almost rolled over after getting very close to the sign.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 27, 2021, 2:14 pm

So again why the signs, paintings, lights etc ? Get rid of them all.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”