Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 16, 2021, 7:08 am

Whilst things are going so slowly over on the Eastside im pleased to say the AP/RR intersection is approaching completion , alas as i predicted not before 25th August so the 10k per day penalty clause will kick in but not for too long.. local reliable sauces are saying the brand new tarmaced inner frontage /slip road will have a30km speed limit with CCTV cams (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT) whilst the main concrete Le Mans curve will remain the same limit as now .. getting close to the re opening of the right turn into the AP expressway which is really quiet at the mo with no flights etc .. in fact the whole project has gone without any real hold ups at all ...

more importantly as from last night the area is now lit up with all the new and old lights working .. and a lovely paved path under construction out front which will be nice for the now defunct TAP beer garden ... plans include my dog walking area , a BBQ , gym , tennis court , park benches and the latest high tek poopascoop all gender excrement bins.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 16, 2021, 9:02 am

HWY2 inbound is eerily quiet for a Monday morning.

There’s not a national holiday today I’ve missed is there?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 16, 2021, 12:11 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
August 15, 2021, 3:41 pm
Miles long car mob, anti-gov protest just went through the center of town. Anyone else see it? Honking, flags, 3 finger salute, etc. Looks like this movement is gaining steam.
Nationally too.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 16, 2021, 12:15 pm

Niggly wrote:
August 16, 2021, 9:02 am
HWY2 inbound is eerily quiet for a Monday morning.

There’s not a national holiday today I’ve missed is there?
That odd week between pay cheques?

Spent the petrol money on mile-long, Sunday protest drives?

If it's the former, I see more of them coming up as Thailand slips into further into the recession that the government can't talk about.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 16, 2021, 12:16 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 16, 2021, 7:08 am
Whilst things are going so slowly over on the Eastside im pleased to say the AP/RR intersection is approaching completion , alas as i predicted not before 25th August so the 10k per day penalty clause will kick in but not for too long.. local reliable sauces are saying the brand new tarmaced inner frontage /slip road will have a30km speed limit with CCTV cams (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT) whilst the main concrete Le Mans curve will remain the same limit as now .. getting close to the re opening of the right turn into the AP expressway which is really quiet at the mo with no flights etc .. in fact the whole project has gone without any real hold ups at all ...

more importantly as from last night the area is now lit up with all the new and old lights working .. and a lovely paved path under construction out front which will be nice for the now defunct TAP beer garden ... plans include my dog walking area , a BBQ , gym , tennis court , park benches and the latest high tek poopascoop all gender excrement bins.

DM
So many words, such a small junction.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 16, 2021, 3:42 pm

Lots of officials today at Udons huge brand new mega beautiful AP/RR intersection , completion date set at midnight 31st with the official opening ceremony 1st September..

I was asked by one of the yellow shirted officials ..hey you falang look ok mai ?? ..my reply was RETARDS !!!!! ... we need speed retarders on the inner frontage /slip road , he smiled ..but i wasnt joking.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 16, 2021, 4:00 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 16, 2021, 3:42 pm
Lots of officials today at Udons huge brand new mega beautiful AP/RR intersection , completion date set at midnight 31st with the official opening ceremony 1st September..

I was asked by one of the yellow shirted officials ..hey you falang look ok mai ?? ..my reply was RETARDS !!!!! ... we need speed retarders on the inner frontage /slip road , he smiled ..but i wasnt joking.

DM
Following on from above ... we now have a gathering of beige safari suited higher up officials ..some of which must be very experienced and brave as they have more pips then an Army General .. is that a purple heart and Victoria cross i see ?? must be for the successful on schedule completion of the RR / Nong Khai flyover n tunnel project ...

i can also see the guy i mentioned the retarders to advising the said zoo keeper lookalikes of HIS brilliant idea !!!!!

I wonder if they will ask me to cut the ribbon ???

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 17, 2021, 10:20 am

East side road trip 🚗🏎

Traffic reports & garden centre recommendations to follow

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 18, 2021, 8:43 am

Light traffic all the way round.

The only disruption was an isolated massive pothole/trench on the rural road between HWY2 & HWY22. It was just after a blind bend & spanned at least 3/4 of the road so couldn’t be swerved round. It rattled my fillings & The Girl dropped her lollipop

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 18, 2021, 3:51 pm

If anyone is interested I’ve noticed the plastic bollards in the Nittayo Road contra flow have been daisy chained with red & white tape.
This obviously stops motorcys from dipping through but I wonder what’s recently happened to make them do it as it’s not been deemed necessary for many months up to now.
It must be fairly new as it’s not been snapped or cut yet

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 19, 2021, 10:35 am

They’ve started filling in the big holes covered by steel plates on Thahan Road. (Remember the ones, they moved if you tapped your brakes)
Not very smooth, maybe it’s only temporary.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2021, 1:31 pm

Question .. how do you know when a mega road re construction project is nearly completed ... ??????

YES .. they start jack hammering parts of it up :shock: :( :lol: ... today the beautiful new tarmaced inner frontage /slip road is being dug up .. 7 days after it was finished ????? why .. dunno,

Paths n dog waking zone looking great and i tried one of the new excrement bins this morning .. IMO placed a tad high as i needed a step ladder to sit on it .

:( I was hoping the road liners would arrive not digging it up AGAIN ..

On the brightside ..excuse the pun .. the area is all lit up like a Christmas tree in the evenings , if i leave mi curtains open i dont need lights on inside saving me a few extra baht for scones and chang... on the downside bit worried about peeping Toms if curtains open.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 22, 2021, 1:59 pm

Tom said he never wants to see anything like that again

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 24, 2021, 1:41 am

It was rammed around Prajak Circle & the end of Srisuk Road most of today.
I expect it was mainly to do with vaccinations

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 24, 2021, 8:11 am

Niggly wrote:
August 24, 2021, 1:41 am
Actually traffic was pretty free flowing around the Raja Uni vac location .. plenty of parking , way better than expected.

Back to the affluent part of town and the RR /AP junction is still nearing completion .. black n white kerb painters here and the path layers are steaming on .. 25th August is the scheduled date to be finished probably not a lot left from the section i can see out ov mi office.

Well lit at night =D>

Good news duck noodle shop is opening up again next week ive missed his cuisine... which is also handy for Daos little coffee n fruity stand as customers there buy every day ..as have done many the roady construction people which was a pleasant surprise will miss them :? .. they have been using the old Tap garden to have their lunch breaks shaded under cover with a water supply n toilet and they called me falang jaidee which gave me a warm glow :D

Im looking forward to the white lines being applied to the new road and the gym equipment n picnic benches...alas no grass or lawns to be manicured n watered... they sound way to stressful.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 24, 2021, 9:04 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 24, 2021, 8:11 am
Niggly wrote:
August 24, 2021, 1:41 am
Actually traffic was pretty free flowing around the Raja Uni vac location .. plenty of parking , way better than expected.
You’re probably going to be reading this later but yes, traffic & parking in the grounds was fine.
The gridlock outside seemed to be caused by people trying to turn right onto Srisuk Road when leaving. From what I saw they were double/triple edging out blocking the carriageway & of course no one heading towards the circle would let anyone in so gaps were only appearing on a light change further up

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 24, 2021, 1:29 pm

enter the Uni off Srisuk, exit out the main Uni entrance onto Tahan... that way you're with traffic each time.
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 25, 2021, 9:28 am

Deadline for completion of the AP/RR intersection project is midnight tonight .. machines and a few bodies still working at 11pm last night whilst i enjoyed my Horlicks and cigar on the East terrace..

Still caution needed when transiting the area ... no right turn into the AP expressway but should be opened up again very soon .. OH .... and we need a toilet roll holder and some Mr whippy dog turd pics on the excrement bins or could easily be confused for another purpose ... i use them as it saves water and baht consumption for the house and there was clothing , a thermos flask and lunchbox inside .. :? :shock: :lol:

Another week to be finished IMO ..

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 25, 2021, 9:35 am

Have the long problematical serrated rebar ends been sorted out?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 25, 2021, 5:20 pm

Uni seemed a lot busier in the car park today which was strange as inside seemed a lot quieter although available spaces so parking was easy enough. Perhaps more organised?
Srisuk Road exit still looked like a problem with people blocking off the lane so they could turn right. I just turned left & went round the block

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”