General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Khun Paul » July 8, 2021, 7:07 am

Niggly wrote:
July 7, 2021, 5:23 pm
^ I hope you’ll still visit for the up to date traffic reports
Why in Gods name would he even consider that. ???

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 8, 2021, 7:47 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 8, 2021, 7:07 am
Niggly wrote:
Why in Gods name do you keep butting in with replies to me where it doesn’t concern you whatsoever?

(This readers, is where it all starts)
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 8, 2021, 9:47 am

Niggly wrote:
July 8, 2021, 7:47 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:
Why in Gods name do you keep butting in with replies to me where it doesn’t concern you whatsoever?

Excuse me, you asked a question, I was wondering why DM would run around for you. Seems a silly request to me, but NOT be a Forum Know it all maybe I fail to see the stupidity in your request.
Oh well be happy

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 8, 2021, 9:53 am

Talking about Udon traffic, the road works opposite the Sports Centre complex are moving although with incredible slowness , made worse soon by the resumption of schools actually teaching .
Nice to see the Airport Traffic light junction being overhauled and re-designed and thanks to DM for his constant updates, although to be fair you can experience the changes by yourself by the simple act of going there.
The Ring-road between Big C and the Nong Khai fly-over junction , well what can one say that has not already been said , gone down there a few times, work SLOW, improvement , sort of one step forward, two back at the moment . Best advice to plan alternative routes to circumnavigate the problems if YOU CAN !

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 8, 2021, 9:57 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 8, 2021, 9:47 am
Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:

Excuse me, you asked a question, I was wondering why DM would run around for you. Seems a silly request to me, but NOT be a Forum Know it all maybe I fail to see the stupidity in your request.
Oh well be happy

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 8, 2021, 9:58 am

morning niggly .. i should be in the Tap from 11am to 2pm if yer gonna pop in

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 8, 2021, 9:59 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 8, 2021, 9:58 am
morning niggly .. i should be in the Tap from 11am to 2pm if yer gonna pop in

DM
Cheers, see you soon 👍

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 8, 2021, 12:03 pm

Niggly wrote:
July 8, 2021, 9:57 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:

Oh well be happy
Who the hell made you the final arbiter on what I can or cannot post, certainly not an OIK that is for sure .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 8, 2021, 12:51 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 8, 2021, 12:03 pm
Niggly wrote:
July 8, 2021, 9:57 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:

Oh well be happy
Who the hell made you the final arbiter on what I can or cannot post, certainly not an OIK that is for sure .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 8, 2021, 12:56 pm

Precarious parking at The Tap 😂
Had to hop an open sewer while carrying The Girl then traverse a muddy base layer to get in the car park.
All good fun.

They will definitely have to do something about speeding traffic when it’s finished. Long sweeping bend on a smooth surface with a perfect camber is asking for trouble.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 8, 2021, 1:06 pm

Don't worry, smooth perfect surfaces only last a month or two here before A) they get covered in dust and oil, B) They get flooded C) They start to crack D) chunks will get "lifted" by 44+ tonners leaving f off great potholes

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 8, 2021, 1:14 pm

^ yep, & the perfect bend & camber will only lead to more trouble

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 8, 2021, 6:04 pm

Local geography joke ....... after they reach the Camber, how long will it be before they end up in the sands?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 8, 2021, 6:17 pm

Tenuous link alert

Camber Sands is off the A259 & the new banked camber racetrack is the 216 so both roads are designated 3 numbers & start with a 2

……. I’ll get my coat

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 8, 2021, 7:28 pm

2 pm ish & trying to be clever but failing I was attempting to join the south eastern anti-clockwise part of the ring road just before Index where we wanted to go but I took a wrong back soi & joined from the side of Homepro, just past where I wanted to be so a trip through the roadworks was on the cards.
Traffic was pretty slow single file but always moving up to the Sam Phrao traffic lights. After the recent rain, the hard shoulder was mostly flooded but it didn’t stop chancers cutting down the inside. I didn’t fancy this though as all the water had flooded the potholes & I watched vehicles bang, crash & lurch along then try to cut back in again because it was all too much for them.
I was following a Benz & when we got to the traffic lights he decided to try a u turn just before the lights where a makeshift surface had been created between the cones. He gingerly edged round while I waited for the lights to change & he managed to join the traffic a whole two cars in front of me so not really worth the effort.
Back down southbound clockwise to a “proper” u turn, spin round & into Index, free flowing traffic all the way.
I didn’t really think it too bad considering the amount of work taking place. Similar in the UK would probably be traffic lights, viz jackets & a lot of flag waving creating massive delays to comply with Elf & Safety.

I also noticed the front of BoBae had been ripped out when passing. Couldn’t tell whether the works went as far as all the curtain shops but it was certainly a long way back. Actually, this is probably better for another thread, shopping perhaps, don’t want to be accused of going off topic

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 8, 2021, 9:06 pm

Indeed nighly the intersection makeover is at a dangerous stage with entry n exit difficult ive been sending my drone to 7-11 .. speeding will be a huge problem.unless tackled some way .. especially on the still to be laid slip/frontage rd
More crazy ...... today and still mr Makro the roadies leader are saying finished this month .. which is on comparision with Scunny getting promoted .. NOT A BLOOMIN CHANCE.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 9, 2021, 9:40 am

Perhaps they should install some Armco on the outer curves so cars careering out of control can skid along it & still make the turn

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 9, 2021, 10:30 am

Why not build a grandstand as well ..

Twas pitch black (can i say that) last night no lighting of any kind at all ..very dangerous ...especially during the heavy rain.

Plenty of bodies and machines on site today .. but progress is slow.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 9, 2021, 10:49 am

Progress slow?

They’re obviously not taking full advantage of the smooth surface & perfect banked camber.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 9, 2021, 12:06 pm

Having just traversed the Ring Road starting at the Airport NON_RIGHT TURN only a temporary problem while the Workers work out how to do itm all the way to the Non Sai turn, I see the hold up is due to concreting the new lanes. HOWEVER one slight problem NOT a single Concrete lorry in sight, now one would think, laying concrete, order up enough and have it standing by for the big Machine which was eerily static with no a single person to be seen, in, on or even beside it , a huge mechanical monstrosity stuck for all intents and purposes in the middle of a sea of concrete.

The new bridge , the workers have almost completed the slow and arduous task of providing the supports for this bridge and so I expect the long beams will soon be laid . Again from Global to Non Sai junction, workers, a few machines but ZERO concrete lorries again , must be their day off.

Not too much of a hold up apart from Somchai driving his clapped out motor at approx 20 kph, on the other side causing a tremendous tail back but he seemed completely unaware of what he was causing, or maybe he knew and did not care.
Peeled off at Non Sai to speedily make my way through the back doubles to the Sakon Road

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”