Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Niggly » July 21, 2021, 8:15 am

tamada wrote:
July 21, 2021, 6:41 am
Niggly wrote:
July 20, 2021, 12:11 pm
^ Why in Gods name do you feel the need to keep butting in everywhere & quoting me with off topic posts?
Please insert the 'Well you started it' emoticon [here]
Someone else incapable of reading a thread before butting in I see. You two should meet up to compare notes, it’ll be a helluva party

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 21, 2021, 9:35 am

Niggly wrote:
July 21, 2021, 8:04 am
^ Why in Gods name do you feel the need to keep butting in everywhere & quoting me with irrelevant, incorrect, off topic posts?

(Read the thread)
Why do you feel the need to continually insult people and attempt to police any post in which you feel you are in charge of. At best you are just about in charge of yourself . Full of B/S as usual a typical insecure person using bombastic utterances in an attempt to bully others . Give it a rest and grow up .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 21, 2021, 9:52 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 21, 2021, 9:35 am
Niggly wrote:
^ Why in Gods name do you feel the need to keep butting in everywhere & quoting me with irrelevant, incorrect, off topic posts?

(Read the thread)
Why do you feel the need to continually insult people and attempt to police any post in which you feel you are in charge of. At best you are just about in charge of yourself . Full of B/S as usual a typical insecure person using bombastic utterances in an attempt to bully others . Give it a rest and grow up .
^ I’ll say it again, it might sink in, why in Gods name do you feel the need to keep butting in everywhere & quoting me with irrelevant, incorrect, off topic posts?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 21, 2021, 10:04 am

Niggly wrote:
July 21, 2021, 9:52 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:

(Read the thread)
^ I’ll say it again, it might sink in, why in Gods name do you feel the need to keep butting in everywhere & quoting me with irrelevant, incorrect, off topic posts?

Do not read them then, you will no longer be reading incorrect off topic posts will you, stupid boy.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 21, 2021, 10:12 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 21, 2021, 10:04 am

Do not read them then, you will no longer be reading incorrect off topic posts will you, stupid boy.

(does the underlining help you comprehend?)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 21, 2021, 10:30 am

Big roadworks on SriSuk Road at the exit from Prajak Circle.

In fairness they seem to be right in the middle so could easily pass on both sides if it wasn’t for people driving down the outside then trying to cut in stopping the flow

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 22, 2021, 8:18 am

Niggly wrote:
July 21, 2021, 9:52 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:

(Read the thread)
I'll say it again too, please insert the 'Well you started it' emoticon [here]

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 22, 2021, 8:28 am

tamada wrote:
July 22, 2021, 8:18 am

I'll say it again too, please insert the 'Well you started it' emoticon [here]
Can you show me which one that is? Cheers

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 27, 2021, 8:44 am

26th July ..was the deadline for completion of Udons premier intersection makeover ..alas as predicted not to be and the contractors have gained a 30 day extension up until 25th August before a penalty clause kicks in ... this too is very doubtful in fact i will confirm again ..DM will show his arse in Walmarts window if its all completed by this new date.

No workers on site yesterday and so far today very few turned in 2 to be exact ... the pavement/sidewalk layers showed up had a look n disappeared.

Im sure it will look all fine and dandy when finished ..the inner frontage slip road with be asphalt not concrete as the main road and with doing away with the traffic lights for going straight on all the heavy goods SHOULD use the main concreted section ..thats the plan by the big road boss.

The area is still poorly lit and a tad dangerous in the evenings .. with man traps hiding around every corner...caution transiting the area is required.

Even better news the owners of the car park and factory outlet will re apply for a 7 11 to be located on the other side of the car park once the road works are complete ..their first application was denied by the Highways department siting it was too dangerous for customers pulling out directly onto the junction ..that will now not be the case... very handy but im planning re location in 2022 when my intersection monitoring contract and sponsorship deal ends.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 28, 2021, 8:55 am

Very quiet traffic this morning also no roadies turned up to work at the intersection where dreams are made ...then i remembered it is a public holiday as its the K I N G S birthday today so many places closed on top of the ones that are moth balled due to covid , i presume Immo and the banks etc are also closed as well as government offices.

Strange story ... DM was mooching about TOPLESS outside in the car park yesterday checking the standard of the road n pavement work , an official gestured to me and i went over for a chat .. he commented on my physic and 6 pack then asked why i no have shirt ?? to which i replied ... my business is here , closed cos you are taking too long to finish the road so i no money to buy a shirt ..... oh he replied im sorry ...

Later in the afternoon same guy came and gave me a yellow Udon Tesaban crested polo shirt which actually fits... marvelous.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 28, 2021, 8:57 am

We forget DM this last weekend and today are holidays , so workers may well NOT turn up and also many contractors are blaming COVID restrictions for being able to bus workers from here to there.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 28, 2021, 9:04 am

The 1 month extension allowed to complete the AP/RR junction make over was given because of covid travel restrictions meaning lower numbers of workers being available ...thats direct from the horses mouth of big boss .. im guessing more of an excuse than a valid reason ..but it has bought them 30 extra days to 25th August which is still IMO not likely to happen.

Yep last weekend was a holiday weekend for the start of buddhist lent , Monday was also a holiday (immo office was closed)in lieu of the weekend .. yesterday open as normal and today again is an official holiday so closures again .. eirily quiet outside being as it is rush hour.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 28, 2021, 5:19 pm

All roads up though town up from HWY2 to Thung Si Muang, back to Big C then via the fruit market back to Thahan Road exceptionally quiet. Must be the holiday.

Soi Sampan dead as a dodo. I think the massage girls had spotters up the street so they could run onto the pavement as I rode past & tell me I’m a hansum man

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 29, 2021, 2:23 pm

Roads as quiet as yesterday

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 29, 2021, 3:28 pm

Indeed very quiet here on the west side ring road .. schools closed , no flights , people staying home so not really a surprise.

Tarmac now being laid on the inner slip / frontage road at Udons terrific T junction ..

Paving slabs now on site and twood also appear the guys are here from the Tesaban measuring up the pavements and entrances /exits to all the properties on the route... and my dog walking zone including custom poop bins.

Expecting the brand new super smooth tarmac surface to be gouged and damaged by the sidewalk layers machine not sure how long it takes the black stuff to harden off properly.

Some proper lighting would be nice as the high poles are still not working..

25th August 100% completion ..?? the jury is still out.

DM

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 29, 2021, 3:50 pm

I took the ring road from the Thai-French bakery to Homepro and back today. I trust anyone who has to take that route on a regular basis is saying thanks for the pandemic.....because life would otherwise be a nightmare. I especially like the 1km stretch of rebar sticking out of the cement......as though it's there to snag anyone trying to cut around the long line of cars.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2021, 3:10 am

What's the average UM'ers driving and shopping regimen like these days? Last year when the first lock-down was in place (that was the one when makro, Big C, Tesco and the like had all the non-food areas cordoned off), I would make maybe two forays per week into town for food shopping, sometimes a third one before the weekend to beat any crowds. During the subsequent easing of restrictions and outside of school runs (when they were open) it was still maybe a couple of times a week with an alternate Sunday public airing at Dean's Sunday Flat Earthers Glee Club.

I left the Oodon metrolopuss before the current sh*tshow really broke out and Mrs tam hasn't used the truck since the schools closed. She relies on her two 9-to-5 working nieces to do any shopping when they're going to/from work on the motorbikes. Apart from two or three trips a week into the jungle with Yai hunting for mushrooms, that's about the only out-and-about that she's risking.

Anyone else stopping in more? Using the lazada, Grab shop or Big C etc., home delivery options?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 30, 2021, 6:09 am

lots of people staying in ,business wise its a double edged sword. less customers coming to dine but more customers shopping for larger orders or pre ordering to collect. the only place i go is makro at 6 am to avoid large crowds . luckily someone has just set up a veg stall at the end of the road so the wife no longer has to go to the market. i think its a case of when ,not if that we will end up a deep red zone. the gallery are already thinking about a full shut down, we have cut the buffets out for now as numbers have become erratic. saying that the days we do meals always seem to sell out beef and barley stew today with quite a few take home seems the way its going.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 30, 2021, 7:19 am

Early morning frontage road tarmac inspection and in the cold light of day its not looking good , in fact looks like it was done by a team of pissed up pikeys from Donny on a job n knock wanting to get to the pub ....fingers crossed MAYBE its not the finished surface not sure as i thought the drain covers were supposed to be flush with the surface not higher ?? i hope theres a less course grade of tarmac to go on top..

Traffic ultra quiet at Love junction as it has been for several days .. way less people about in general , DM just been nipping out on the bike for essential shopping (like SCONES).. and the traffic also very light on those sortees.

Not sure how the covid numbers are being looked at when it comes to red to dark red as the vast majority of cases are returnees under controlled circumstances.. still im sure tighter restrictions could well come in soon.

Stay safe all

DM

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » July 30, 2021, 7:50 am

Makro parking lot very busy Thursday at 3 pm. I did not go. Went this morning at usual time 06h00, nice and quiet. Only one person ahead in the cashier line.

Otherwise shop at Villa at 0900 where usually quiet, nice meats, excellent produce but sometimes out of stock, cheese and dairy, occasional deals on dry goods.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”