Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Niggly » May 23, 2021, 2:32 pm

There are some solar speed display LEDs appeared In the last couple of days over each lane on the first gantry across Thahan Road by the Military Hospital heading towards town.

Don’t think they’re linked to anything else.

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 23, 2021, 2:45 pm

AP/RR Junction marvelouso splendido beautification update

Third lane on the inbound carriageway in now being prepped for concrete ..henceforth now experiencing snarl ups n tail backs at peak times as now down to single file traffic... anyone transiting the outbound side needs to be be careful as the temporary surface is diabolical and narrow in one section with the dangerous rebar waiting for any unsuspecting day dreamer .. the road gang are grafting again ..as for the drain laying team must be religious , its Sunday and not a lot happening and with rain expected a missed opportunity to get some thing done before its all flooded out again.

The old central reservation is now being ripped up ..

July total completion ??? jury still out .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 5:51 pm

Nice little ride up into the centre, down past UD Town, stopped at Mr DIY in the fruit market (they’ve stopped temperature checks on the way in) & back home.
No traffic problems although Thahan Road was noticeably busier on the return leg. It had just gone 5pm so I guess everyone was going home

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 26, 2021, 11:08 am

AP/RR intersection

Road layers have taken the plunge and a big concrete pour on the inbound side is currently underway .. single lane both sides now so a tad longer tail backs .. heads up the surface Nong Hin school side is shocking after the rain has pot holed it.

If they carry on at this rate and weather holds good chance its done by July .. the drain guys couldnt lay an egg and are gonna hold up the hunky road team soon ...

A bonus ..the weather nice in the posh part of town ....i may trim my privet

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 12:15 pm

The contra flow on Nittayo Road is gridlocked for some reason.
I’m sat up by the railway line heading south & watched the Soi Nong Bua lights in the distance go through 4 changes so far & we haven’t moved

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 12:51 pm

Finally moved after 5 changes.
Got to Big C & I’ve never seen the car park so full. After two laps ended up parking on the outer extremities for the first time ever.
Is it pension day?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 26, 2021, 12:57 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 26, 2021, 12:51 pm
Got to Big C & I’ve never seen the car park so full. After two laps ended up parking on the outer extremities for the first time ever.
Is it pension day?
If it makes a difference it is a Buddha day holiday today...Wisaka / Visakha ... CHECK SPELLING ????

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 1:49 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 26, 2021, 12:57 pm

If it makes a difference it is a Buddha day holiday today...Wisaka / Visakha ... CHECK SPELLING ????

DM
Yeah, possibly.
I was expecting more people to be at the outlying temples than sitting in cars in the middle of town.
Pretty certain the booze aisle in Big C was cordoned off too so wasn’t expecting as many farang to be shopping.
Mind you, isn’t the pensioners drink of choice, Archa a bit like making love in a canoe so might have escaped the alcohol ban

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 26, 2021, 2:59 pm

The Texas city where we were marooned for 13 months by Covid had several major highway/major artery projects underway. Construction continued despite the pandemic. I tried to look at the positive side.......the traffic impact from the construction would have been times worse had schools been open and people commuting to/from work. Shortly before leaving Texas, two of the projects were wrapping up and the roads reopened.........just as vaccinated people were returning to work. The construction would have been a nightmare were it not for Covid.
I don't know if the bridge/tunnel at the old Lotus/Nongkai highway was worth the 1++ billion Baht, but every time I go through that area....over or under.......I think about how nice that addition to the road system is. And, big plus, despite what many predicted, the tunnel hasn't flooded!
Over to you, grasshopper.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » May 26, 2021, 4:06 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 26, 2021, 12:51 pm
Is it pension day?
Public Holiday
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 4:08 pm

joepai wrote:
May 26, 2021, 4:06 pm

Public Holiday
Pensioners shuffling about counting their satang don’t qualify for public holidays do they?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2021, 4:14 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 26, 2021, 1:49 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 26, 2021, 12:57 pm

DM
Yeah, possibly.
I was expecting more people to be at the outlying temples than sitting in cars in the middle of town.
Pretty certain the booze aisle in Big C was cordoned off too so wasn’t expecting as many farang to be shopping.
Mind you, isn’t the pensioners drink of choice, Archa a bit like making love in a canoe so might have escaped the alcohol ban
They were all dressed up and at the temples at the crack of sparrow fart. Then they go shuffle around the air conditioned malls and supermarkets to complete their Grand Day Out.

Inbound Nittayo was easy peasy around 2 p.m. But outbound half an hour later, it was still as Niggly described.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 4:58 pm

It’s only a one day holiday isn’t it? Everything should be back to normal tomorrow, I hope, a trip to the amphoe office is on the cards

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2021, 5:14 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 26, 2021, 4:58 pm
It’s only a one day holiday isn’t it? Everything should be back to normal tomorrow, I hope, a trip to the amphoe office is on the cards
Which Amphur there Niggly? The one in town is apparently the epicenter of a 7-person Covid cluster.

Oops. sorry, that's the 'land office' according to the post in the other thread... or is that what someone else calls the Amphurs?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 5:38 pm

tamada wrote:
May 26, 2021, 5:14 pm
Niggly wrote:
Which Amphur there Niggly? The one in town is apparently the epicenter of a 7-person Covid cluster.

Oops. sorry, that's the 'land office' according to the post in the other thread... or is that what someone else calls the Amphurs?
The one on the street in front of Nong Prajak.

I think you're right, it was the Land Office that was being talked about as closed although long story short, we went for a Kor Ror 2 on Monday & got turned away by uniforms because someone had been tested positive inside. We toddled to Nadee as advised but they gave us something wrong. Immigration were fine & said I could take the correct one later this week but Mrs N then got a phone call at 3.15 yesterday insisting we went to get the new document immediately as the office had been disinfected & was open. We explained there was no way we could get from home to the Amphoe before regular closing time so agreed on going tomorrow as it was closed today for holiday

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2021, 5:42 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 26, 2021, 5:38 pm
tamada wrote:
May 26, 2021, 5:14 pm
Niggly wrote:

The one on the street in front of Nong Prajak.

I think you're right, it was the Land Office that was being talked about as closed although long story short, we went for a Kor Ror 2 on Monday & got turned away by uniforms because someone had been tested positive inside. We toddled to Nadee as advised but they gave us something wrong. Immigration were fine & said I could take the correct one later this week but Mrs N then got a phone call at 3.15 yesterday insisting we went to get the new document immediately as the office had been disinfected & was open. We explained there was no way we could get from home to the Amphoe before regular closing time so agreed on going tomorrow as it was closed today for holiday
Good luck. Maybe a bit late for overnight delivery now.
hazmat.jpg

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 5:46 pm

tamada wrote:
May 26, 2021, 5:42 pm

Its okay, we'd already agreed Mrs N will go in alone so I'll just drown her in alcohol gel before she gets back in the car

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2021, 6:05 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 26, 2021, 5:46 pm
tamada wrote:
May 26, 2021, 5:42 pm

Its okay, we'd already agreed Mrs N will go in alone so I'll just drown her in alcohol gel before she gets back in the car
When I got back from darkest Africa last march, Mrs tam was the Covid fuhrer and had me disrobe and shower in the front yard before entering the house. Maybe worth considering something similar for Mrs N once she emerges from that cluster?
XXa6.jpg
XXa5.jpg
Just a public spirited health suggestion but if you go along with it, let us know the time so me and DM can come and look.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 6:08 pm

tamada wrote:
May 26, 2021, 6:05 pm

When I got back from darkest Africa last march, Mrs tam was the Covid fuhrer and had me disrobe and shower in the front yard before entering the house. Maybe worth considering something similar for Mrs N once she emerges from that cluster?

Just a public spirited health suggestion but if you go along with it, let us know the time so me and DM can come and look.
She'd need a bigger receptacle to hold enough water to wet her over.

Oh, hi dear, what's that? 🥊 🥊

I'll be back shor........

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 6:18 pm

Right, ibuprofen has helped with the stinging in my face, where were we?

Aah, yes, a good wipe down with hand sanitiser will have to do.

& for clarity, Mrs N says the pictured receptacle will hold more than enough water

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”