Trees

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Trees

Post by parrot » January 27, 2020, 1:18 pm

Last week our gardener and I cut a 50' pine as it began leaning toward our house. Today, we decided 4 more 17year old pines had to go, all at least 50' tall. A few weeks ago, I bought a new bar and chain (just shy of 1000 Baht)for the chainsaw that I bought in Jun 2016.....a no-name Ikeda chainsaw from Homehub for 2950 Baht. Other than a few 50 Baht tuneups by a neighborhood mechanic, the chainsaw has been adequate for our acre of wooded land. The new chain cut the pines into 1 meter sections in no time.

If I were 20 years younger and had an acre of empty land (not rice field), I'd load it with teak, mahogany, and maybe a few ebony. Water it well for the first 2 years, then let nature take care of the rest. A good way to attract the wildlife back, and a nice piece of land after 20 years.

For all the naysayers about trash Chinese products, the $100 chainsaw has served me well for nearly 4 years.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture5.JPG
Capture6.JPG

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Trees

Post by stattointhailand » January 27, 2020, 3:27 pm

It may be un named parrot but I'm sure some would try to convince you that info on each tree you cut is being sent back to Huawei H Q

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Trees

Post by parrot » January 27, 2020, 4:34 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 27, 2020, 3:27 pm
It may be un named parrot but I'm sure some would try to convince you that info on each tree you cut is being sent back to Huawei H Q
Actually, Samsung and google. At this point in my life, I'm still enamored with the utility of being tracked. A few weeks ago, my wife asked when was the last time we went to Nakhon Phanom. I checked my google photo album and found the date. I checked my google map summary and found the exact time and routes we took. When we go into town.....say Makro.....when I get home, I'll get a google message asking me about my visit to Makro.

Now, if I was a spy or a fugitive, I'd have a different view.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”