Apple TV box does

General Udon Thani topics only!
dudscar46
udonmap.com

Apple TV box does

Post by dudscar46 » January 28, 2020, 11:11 am

I need help loading my Apple TV with apps like Kodi etc, does anyone know where I can find that help from someone in Udon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Re: Apple TV box does

Post by Charlieb » January 28, 2020, 3:00 pm

From Google:

You cannot install apps on your Apple TV. The Apple TV currently comes with 60 pre-installed apps, and Apple regularly adds new ones, but you can't install your own. That said, you can always add apps to your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac and stream them to your Apple TV via AirPlay.

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » January 28, 2020, 3:09 pm

Thanks Charlieb, but the apps I wanted, like Kodi, are not available on “Apple“apps store,so it seems I can’t download most google apps on my iPhone or iPad. But thanks for ur info.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 28, 2020, 5:35 pm

Charlieb wrote:
January 28, 2020, 3:00 pm
From Google:

You cannot install apps on your Apple TV. The Apple TV currently comes with 60 pre-installed apps, and Apple regularly adds new ones, but you can't install your own. That said, you can always add apps to your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac and stream them to your Apple TV via AirPlay.
Sorry that information is completely wrong.

The Apple TV has a few apps installed as standard: definitely not 60.
Yes you can definitely install other apps and delete ones you don’t want.
The apps you can add are available from the Apple TV App Store which is available on the Apple TV
You can not stream apps from another device to the Apple TV.
You can stream videos and audio from your other devices but only if the app developer permits it.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » January 28, 2020, 5:43 pm

Thanks for the information. It seems like I should not have bought an Apple TV box. Android seems like a much better option in that there’s many very good free apps in the “Google “play store.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 28, 2020, 5:47 pm

dudscar46 wrote:
January 28, 2020, 3:09 pm
Thanks Charlieb, but the apps I wanted, like Kodi, are not available on “Apple“apps store,so it seems I can’t download most google apps on my iPhone or iPad. But thanks for ur info.

Kodi is not a Google app. It is an Android app, and no many android apps aren’t available for iDevices as many apps from the Apple App Store are not available for Android devices.

So which Google apps are not available?

The google apps available are
D9413194-B6AD-45C5-8173-CAE876A19875.jpeg
68C627B9-B93A-4FB5-8854-24795470198B.jpeg
B9E1DCDA-6013-4D75-A443-ACFB75065D79.jpeg
B059AEF5-4911-42D8-BF05-1607967F0D19.jpeg
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 28, 2020, 6:16 pm

If the box is AppleTV2 it may well be jail broken, if so you can put Kodi and other apps on it, it was only the 3 onwards that cannot be jailbroken.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » January 28, 2020, 6:32 pm

I was just checking Youtube and found it’s possible to jailbreak Apple 4K tvImage

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » January 28, 2020, 6:35 pm

Also you will find Kodi in the Google play App Store.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 28, 2020, 9:34 pm

dudscar46 wrote:
January 28, 2020, 5:43 pm
Thanks for the information. It seems like I should not have bought an Apple TV box. Android seems like a much better option in that there’s many very good free apps in the “Google “play store.
The point really is what apps do you want to use?
Then are they available for the device you want or have.

There are many apps on the play store, yes. Are the good? I don’t know as my only Anderoid device died within a few months of my getting it. My experience was that the majority of apps I tried were of little value. YMMV

There are many apps on the Apple TV store many of them are free. For SWMBO the things she wants are there.

For pirate content Anderoid is the best, for other things I cannot make a value judgement as I didn’t have it long enough.

I do know that of the hundreds of apps I have installed on my I devices I still have over 400 currently installed on this iPad. Again YMMV.

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » January 28, 2020, 9:48 pm

Thanks again. The apps I’d like to have are not many, just the main news apps like CNN,CNBC, and one or two others and some sports apps, like sky sports, BEIN, ESPN. Now “Kodi”has all these in it’s one app but loading it on the Apple TV is the problem.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 28, 2020, 10:39 pm

dudscar46 wrote:
January 28, 2020, 9:48 pm
Thanks again. The apps I’d like to have are not many, just the main news apps like CNN,CNBC, and one or two others and some sports apps, like sky sports, BEIN, ESPN. Now “Kodi”has all these in it’s one app but loading it on the Apple TV is the problem.
If you search the Apple TV App Store you may well find all of those, though Sky Sports and others maybe geographically restricted, so you might need to use a VPN.

You can not get Kodi on the Apple TV unless you want to try jail breaking it and there is no guarantee that it will stay jail broken or that even that kodi will install.

FWIW Kodi doesn’t have those built in but there are plugins available you can add on.

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » January 28, 2020, 10:44 pm

Your advice is much appreciated thanks. I’ll have a go at trying to load those apps, thanks again.

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » January 28, 2020, 11:03 pm

I was browsing a little and came across an ad for “IPTV” called “BestIPTV “ just wondering if anyone is familiar with them and if the quality was any good ,the costs seem reasonable at $17us for a month by month subscription and a bit cheaper if quarterly . They claim to have thousands of channels that can be streamed anywhere in the world.

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » November 21, 2020, 12:47 pm

dudscar46 wrote:I need help loading my Apple TV with apps like Kodi etc, does anyone know where I can find that help from someone in Udon?

Hi, Is there anyone out there that knows where to jailbreak an Apple 4K tv box, in Udon or anywhere in Thailand?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 21, 2020, 1:16 pm

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/213-in ... echnology/
from there I use
https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/147-audiovisual/
but there is also an Apple forum page as well
These geeks know there stuff
Ask questions if you cant find the thing that suits you

I also have used this guys site as well