Best times/days to visit KTB?

General Udon Thani topics only!
fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Best times/days to visit KTB?

Post by fredwilliams » February 8, 2020, 1:43 am

The one on Udondutsadee Road.

It's always chockablock when I go in there late a.m./early p.m. Mon to Fri!

:D

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Best times/days to visit KTB?

Post by Doodoo » February 8, 2020, 7:59 am

The best thing to do would then NOT go early p.m./late a.m.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 8, 2020, 10:57 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 8, 2020, 7:59 am
The best thing to do would then NOT go early p.m./late a.m.
Now Ain't YOU Helpful ?? [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 8, 2020, 11:10 am

Perhaps you have a better answer then 747
Fire away

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 8, 2020, 11:14 am

Not only choose the correct day/time but also the branch and even bank .. some banks seem to be rammed every day all day while others ok. Its really hit n miss tho.
Not the KTB but i opened an account with the Bangkok Bank solely because they opened a branch in the huge Boontavorn DIY store near wher i stay which opens slightly better hours 10am to 6pm and is always quick service as not many customers.

Some banks seem to have a quick cashier service but painfully slow when needing other services and vice versa .. biggest bugbear .. 8 cashier stations and only 2 have cashiers.. and the old lady from the noodle shop is just dropping off her cash that needs counting at one and Somchai Gold shop is at the other .. take a packed lunch !!... IMO at least half the cashier stations should be manned at all times even over the lunch 2 hours.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 8, 2020, 11:39 am

There's at least a half dozen full size ktb banks in Udon now....Central, Lotus Nadee, Makkaeng Rd, 2 on Udondutsadee, Landmark, one near the municipality building........If you need to use the tellers, it'd be a good idea to find a more convenient one. Lotus Nadee, for example, is always busy when they first open and at the beginning of the month. But other times, not so bad.
The other option is to find ways to limit your need to use teller service. There's a multitude of services that you can do either online on a computer or on your smartphone.....topups, balance inquiry, transfers, pay bills, etc etc.
Good luck with your search.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2020, 11:45 am

parrot wrote:
February 8, 2020, 11:39 am
The other option is to find ways to limit your need to use teller service. There's a multitude of services that you can do either online on a computer or on your smartphone.....topups, balance inquiry, transfers, pay bills, etc etc.
Good luck with your search.
You've probably guaranteed at least 6 new UM threads with that advice, parrot. :D

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 8, 2020, 12:38 pm

fredwilliams wrote:
February 8, 2020, 1:43 am
The one on Udondutsadee Road.

It's always chockablock when I go in there late a.m./early p.m. Mon to Fri!

:D
Is it any different in any other country ? you go to a bank at lunchtime when working folk use the bank in their lunch hour , what did you expect ?
What makes it worse as everywhere in the world , the bank staff always take their lunch hour at the very time the banks are busy . :roll:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 8, 2020, 5:32 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 8, 2020, 11:10 am
Perhaps you have a better answer then 747
Fire away
But Don't You THINK That You're Answer was Rather SILLY,Because I Certainly Do....That's All,Now

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 9, 2020, 11:09 am

Banks main branches open 8.30am to 3.30pm.
Initially they can be busy but by 10am things quieten down till lunchtime which is probably the worst time to go.
Malls etc.bank opening times vary but a rough estimate can be 10am to 7pm...different malls,different opening hours.
I use the Bangkok Bank...used to be mostly the branch near the Napalai hotel,also Tesco Lotus Extra which was always busy.
A couple of years ago I,too,started useing the branch at Boonthavorn....easy parking,usually not too busy and Beyond Cafe next door to relax.
The Boonthavorn mall itself is worth a visit to look for good quality furniture,lighting etc.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 9, 2020, 2:01 pm

The one and only reason for a, as you Silly answer is due to a Silly question
In this case why would any of the readers have a logical answer unless one was a Bank Employee
It is like "Why is immigration denying my renewal?'" "Why is the airport so busy?" "Do I really have to register with ta TM30?"Questions like these can only be answered at the source.

When I first wanted to obtain a Retirement Visa I searched throughout many links, Thai Visa, Udon Talk, Udon Map etc and what I came away with was mass confusion.
The Best answer came from Udonthani Immigration, friendly and efficient
So, a question concerning the least busiest time at the bank to do business would be from the Bank itself
A question regarding any queries for Immigration procedure or issues would be best answered by Immigration

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 9, 2020, 2:19 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 9, 2020, 2:01 pm
The one and only reason for a, as you Silly answer is due to a Silly question
In this case why would any of the readers have a logical answer unless one was a Bank Employee
It is like "Why is immigration denying my renewal?'" "Why is the airport so busy?" "Do I really have to register with ta TM30?"Questions like these can only be answered at the source.

When I first wanted to obtain a Retirement Visa I searched throughout many links, Thai Visa, Udon Talk, Udon Map etc and what I came away with was mass confusion.
The Best answer came from Udonthani Immigration, friendly and efficient
So, a question concerning the least busiest time at the bank to do business would be from the Bank itself
A question regarding any queries for Immigration procedure or issues would be best answered by Immigration
So you think that a discussion with the bank teller about which days and times it would be best to visit the branch would be answered sympathetically by a teller who is rushed of his/her feet and has dozens of customers waiting to be served ? I'm glad I was never a bank teller :-$
I suspect that Fred's popularity rating among those sitting and waiting to be served would not be at an all time high either :lol:

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 9, 2020, 4:19 pm

Silly questions can have educated answers or at the very least amusing reading

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 9, 2020, 5:01 pm

I find banks are always bust first thing especially on a Monday morning or the forst day after a bank holiday of which there seems to be too many.
Tuesday through to Thursday not so busy 1000 to 1500 but often you always get one customer whose circumstances are so convoluted that it ties up a cashier for a long time as they are normally waiting for the electronic wizardry to work .

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » February 10, 2020, 7:11 am

Hi Jeff, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons are less busy than normal.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”