2009 Swine Flu Oink Oink
2010 BP the oil release will get us all
2012 The Mayan Calendar All is coming to an end
2013 North Korea is a Threat to us all
2014 Ebola watch out
2015 Disney Measles and ISIS are on the attack
2016 Zika Virus
2019 Corona Virus is out to get us
2020 The most deadly of them all Media/TV/News/Internet Viruses spreading like wild fires to kill us all Solution turn them off.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Will it ever STOP????

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 12:31 pm

Please point at a single one on this list has in two months, spread faster, killed more and disrupted the world economy as badly. Early days yet but I would not be flippant about Covis-19

Nobody really knows yet, but as in previous posts expressing an uninformed opinion seems to be your forte
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 6, 2020, 12:52 pm

Don't forget what the poms put us through way back in the 80's,
Mad Cow disease, it killed quite a few.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 6, 2020, 4:09 pm

One of the worst days for Coronavirus was February 10th On that day 108 people passed away due this virus.

BUT also the same day 26,283 died from Cancer, 26,641 died from Heart Disease, 4,300 from Diabetes, and Suicide took 28 times more than the virus did. Mosquitoes spread disease killing 2,740 that day, Humans killed another 1,300

Just some figures to ponder

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 6, 2020, 4:18 pm

Barney wrote:
March 6, 2020, 12:52 pm
Don't forget what the poms put us through way back in the 80's,
Mad Cow disease, it killed quite a few.

Excuse dme BSE originated in France, do not blame the POMS blame the EU

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 6, 2020, 4:29 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2020, 12:31 pm
Please point at a single one on this list has in two months, spread faster, killed more and disrupted the world economy as badly. Early days yet but I would not be flippant about Covis-19

Nobody really knows yet, but as in previous posts expressing an uninformed opinion seems to be your forte
Agreed, nobody knows yet so what makes your similarly uninformed opinion any better than others?

Tinfoilhatting... it will be the death of you.

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 6, 2020, 4:31 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 6, 2020, 4:09 pm
One of the worst days for Coronavirus was February 10th On that day 108 people passed away due this virus.

BUT also the same day 26,283 died from Cancer, 26,641 died from Heart Disease, 4,300 from Diabetes, and Suicide took 28 times more than the virus did. Mosquitoes spread disease killing 2,740 that day, Humans killed another 1,300

Just some figures to ponder
I will explain to you Doodoo wy people are scare of Coronavirus so you can understand

Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Suicide, etc are not contagion

and Coronavirus is Contagion, my grand son understand

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 4:39 pm

tamada wrote:
March 6, 2020, 4:29 pm
Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2020, 12:31 pm

Agreed, nobody knows yet so what makes your similarly uninformed opinion any better than others?

Tinfoilhatting... it will be the death of you.
Can't help it can you? Show me one post I have made that passed an opinion. Just because you made a jackass of yourself on another thread, you do need to confirm that here.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 6, 2020, 4:48 pm

My dear fellow jackass.

Your posts, especially your most recent Covid-19 related efforts are simply drenched in your personal opinions on both the subject matter AND those holding a more reasoned, moderate and less fearful view.

Now, please stop digging. It's undignified.

And leave the keyboard warriors alone... they're not interested anyway.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 6, 2020, 4:59 pm

sorry KP apparently the historians disagree and France was not the originator

"Mad cow disease (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy or BSE)
was first noted in the 1970s and is thought to be related to another prion-caused disease termed scrapie that occurs in sheep; the first major outbreak of mad cow disease was in the United Kingdom, where more than 184,500 cases have been noted in cattle (2010 U.K. data found only 11 infected cattle)."

https://www.medicinenet.com/mad_cow_disease/article.htm

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 6, 2020, 5:05 pm

Mike I never said people are not scared of the virus
The thrust of the posting was as I said, just figures of other diseases to ponder
Unfortunately I don't know your Grandson so I cannot contemplate his level of education or understanding

Merci mon ami

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 5:14 pm

tamada wrote:
March 6, 2020, 4:48 pm
My dear fellow jackass.

Your posts, especially your most recent Covid-19 related efforts are simply drenched in your personal opinions on both the subject matter AND those holding a more reasoned, moderate and less fearful view.

Now, please stop digging. It's undignified.

And leave the keyboard warriors alone... they're not interested anyway.
I did ask for one single example, just one, only one, not many, just one....understand?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 6:21 pm

The interesting thing about Tamada and doodoo is they cannnot answer a question directly. doodoo starts this thread by giving a list of old fears, but when asked to nominate a single one with more cases, deaths and disruption to the world, he goes all quiet.

Tamada talks about opinions, but cannot come up with one single post that shows I expressed an opinion on Covit-19.

Two posters who don't let facts get in the way of their own invective, so far not one single independent source quoted to back up their statements on Covit-19.

Kinda like the guy in Don Muang yesterday morning who commented about me not wearing a mask, 'its just the flu' he said.

Hmmm, independent analysis

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... irus-myths

This article changed my mind, I will wear a mask in crowded places in future. If I keep reading, I keep learning.

As for doodoo and Tamada, they don't need to read much, as they already know everything.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 6, 2020, 6:28 pm

This was the thrust to me starting the discussion
"The most deadly of them all Media/TV/News/Internet Viruses spreading like wild fires to kill us all Solution turn them off."
Its nothing regarding what you stated
And do I need to answer your questions. NOPE
Too bad so Sad
Going way back "I dont care"

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 6:57 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 6, 2020, 6:28 pm
This was the thrust to me starting the discussion
"The most deadly of them all Media/TV/News/Internet Viruses spreading like wild fires to kill us all Solution turn them off."
Its nothing regarding what you stated
And do I need to answer your questions. NOPE
Too bad so Sad
Going way back "I dont care"
When I lived in Texas they had a wonderful expression.

'All hat and no cattle".

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 6, 2020, 7:12 pm

Here's one for the invective detective Whistler. The face-masked server at Bill Bentley's Pub at BKK domestic just told the Aussie guy I was drinking with that Udon has it's first farang Covid-19 victim who's an Englishman with no recent international travel so a totally local infection.

I'm on my way home tonight, just about the only person without a face mask but I am the only one at the front of the bus on WE008. I will make sure and let y'all know if I survive.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 8:14 pm

They serve Lao Khao at Bill Bentley's?

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » March 6, 2020, 8:32 pm

How the corona virus will behave is unknown, but the media hype (helped by dicks on facebook etc) it is feared that it will be another epidemic like the Asian flu of 1918-20. Well, it may be so, but at this time there has not been a death in the UK, however, the 'ordinary' flu virus has resulted as follows: The average number of deaths in England for the last five seasons, 2014/15 to 2018/19, was 17,000 deaths annually. This ranged from 1,692 deaths last season, 2018/19, to 28,330 deaths in 2014/15'. :shock: . Quoted from the UK Govt statistics website. Just food for thought :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 6, 2020, 8:43 pm

There has been 2 deaths in UK, One the night before last and one today

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » March 6, 2020, 8:47 pm

Thanks Statto for bringing me up to date. How does this compare with the average of 17,000 per year for 'ordinary' flu ?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”