Why the nastiness?

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Why the nastiness?

Post by vincemunday » March 13, 2020, 12:19 pm

There seems to be a little hardcore group who are unable to debate without name calling, getting abusive or making veiled threats. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion and because it doesn’t necessarily agree with yours it doesn’t/shouldn’t give you carte blanche to round on someone with both barrels blazing.

This forum is gaining a reputation to the point where some people won’t post on here any more because of the abuse, what’s the point? Why can’t people just keep it polite, by all means disagree but do it nicely!

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Re: Why the nastiness?

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 13, 2020, 12:52 pm

There are also a few people on here that think they know it all and generally talk down to and ridicule other forumites contributions.
Self opinionated arrogant arseholes comes to mind. If an individual takes the above stance, unfortunately, people will take offence and react.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 13, 2020, 2:59 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 13, 2020, 12:19 pm
There seems to be a little hardcore group who are unable to debate without name calling, getting abusive or making veiled threats. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion and because it doesn’t necessarily agree with yours it doesn’t/shouldn’t give you carte blanche to round on someone with both barrels blazing.

This forum is gaining a reputation to the point where some people won’t post on here any more because of the abuse, what’s the point? Why can’t people just keep it polite, by all means disagree but do it nicely!
WTN: Possibly just Human Nature or some people just wish to live life to far too the left or too far to the right of the Spectrum

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 13, 2020, 3:49 pm

These are the few misfits we have in Thailand.
The ones had a nonsense life and pissed off everyone, and came to Thailand do again.
Mostly lonely sad miserable souls
There was an instance recently and the bloke misspelled a word
A couple members were quick on the mark ridicule him.
Why do? We are all here to enjoy our last few years in serenity.
One should surely be able to disagree on matters,without petty nastiness
Not nice

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 13, 2020, 7:37 pm

To those on this forum.

My apologies as I no doubt have contributed by vigorously standing up to a couple of forum members who got stuck into me. I am no shrinking violet and deplore those I dub as keyboard warriors. My approach was to give back as good as I get, maybe not good for other members.

On reflection, from here on in I will let it go through to the keeper to use a cricketing term. A nasty delivery, move away and let it pass.

Let's make it a more pleasant forum and let the keyboard warriors slip bye into oblivion.

Thank you Vince for raising the issue
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 13, 2020, 7:49 pm

choi choi wrote:
March 13, 2020, 3:49 pm
These are the few misfits we have in Thailand.
The ones had a **** life and pissed off everyone, and came to Thailand do again.
Mostly lonely sad miserable souls
There was an instance recently and the bloke misspelled a word
A couple members were quick on the mark ridicule him.
Why do? We are all here to enjoy our last few years in serenity.
One should surely be able to disagree on matters,without petty nastiness
Not nice
To sum it up, bored bitter and twisted people who can't find something better to do with their energy
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 14, 2020, 2:26 am

papafarang wrote:
March 13, 2020, 7:49 pm
To sum it up, bored bitter and twisted people who can't find something better to do with their energy...
I'm better than what I used to be, just ask Alan and Morti (still not quite there with Vlad).

I blame the West Indian lads at my school. They used to turn me upside down and shake me until all my dinner money fell out.

They have a lot to answer for, readers.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 14, 2020, 6:00 am

There are times lets be honest, when a poster innocently or not, says something about another poster which really gets people mad. As we are all individuals, there is no known way or ascertaining what that is .
Often a few words will do the trick and life goes on, occasionally one enjoys winding up the other to the point of making erroneous comments about the other poster which in turn makes the matter worse.

WE are all intelligent people, but as with life the Red Mist comes down and retorts are required .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 14, 2020, 7:18 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 14, 2020, 6:00 am
There are times lets be honest, when a poster innocently or not, says something about another poster which really gets people mad. As we are all individuals, there is no known way or ascertaining what that is .
Often a few words will do the trick and life goes on, occasionally one enjoys winding up the other to the point of making erroneous comments about the other poster which in turn makes the matter worse.

WE are all intelligent people, but as with life the Red Mist comes down and retorts are required .
Misunderstandings happen, responses however should be measured so that the issue doesn’t get blown out of proportion. This forum has been a great help to people over the years, I particularly found it useful when I first came here and now and again when I need information about things in Udon and it’s quite dreadful that some people can’t use the forum in the same way for fear of bullying, it’s okay for thick skinned people like me but some people are not quite as robust. It’s high time all this nonsense finished, we are adults and responsible friends for our actions, no excuses.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 14, 2020, 8:40 am

Earnest wrote:
March 14, 2020, 2:26 am
papafarang wrote:
To sum it up, bored bitter and twisted people who can't find something better to do with their energy...
I'm better than what I used to be, just ask Alan and Morti (still not quite there with Vlad).

I blame the West Indian lads at my school. They used to turn me upside down and shake me until all my dinner money fell out.

I blame your schoo! ! Must of been too posh if you had dinner money . :lol:

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 14, 2020, 8:56 am

Unfortunately there are miserable people who hate Thailand and maybe simply hate life. Those types of people are best ignored. Obviously their goal is to spread hate and discontent and they want to make reasonable people as miserable as they themselves are. We seem to have a number of those types. Quite often I really wonder if they are actually that stupid or if they are just trying to stir the pot and get a reaction.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 14, 2020, 10:27 am

Gentlemen, while this is a legitimate and interesting topic for conversation, we try to restrict nastiness directed at an individual, as regulars here know. I have removed some posts which were more of the ad hominem variety rather than the discussing the issue variety. Let's try to keep things civil and respectful, and not slag any individual posters off. Thanks!

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 14, 2020, 10:37 am

Probably the instigators are not aware this topic relates to them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 14, 2020, 2:58 pm

i joined UM in 2008/9 as pienmash to use the forum as an advertising platform for the then new Chern Chim bizz .. 240 pages of the good the bad and the ugly , some real nice comments along with very nasty stuff at times .. i generally tried to ue the thread to inform advertise reference the shop but all to often got derailed .. not a bad thing as i found all publicity is good even negative if handled the right way and turned round into a positive ..

The forum today doesnt seem more nasty IMO .. its stranger with more bickering but at the same times till informative and helpful.

Just my opinion ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 14, 2020, 4:05 pm

It always used to amuse me how posters would do the nasty thing online then be great pals at night market meets. I always remember how the late Aznyron and myself had an Udon Map ladyboy run in online but he was a bloody nice chap when I saw him in the evening.:lol:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 14, 2020, 4:10 pm

Earnest wrote:
March 14, 2020, 4:05 pm
It always used to amuse me how posters would do the nasty thing online then be great pals at night market meets. I always remember how the late Aznyron and myself had an Udon Map ladyboy run in online but he was a bloody nice chap when I saw him in the evening.:lol:
I remember Ron .. ex USA fireman i think from Chicago but not sure , used to drop in the first CC shop coupla times a week for a chinwag , his missus had a twin sister who i knew from the Patts days. Ron had some great stories to tell.

DM

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 14, 2020, 4:16 pm

A proper character but very easy to wind up.

You don't need to be nasty on here. Just drop in an off the cuff remark and wait for the reaction. I believe it's called flaming, which is against forum rules but sometimes very funny. :-#

I think some people tend to take themselves very seriously and are defensive to a degree.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 14, 2020, 4:20 pm

Earnest wrote:
March 14, 2020, 4:16 pm

You don't need to be nasty on here. Just drop in an off the cuff remark and wait for the reaction. I believe it's called flaming, which is against forum rules but sometimes very funny. :-#

I think some people tend to take themselves very seriously and are defensive to a degree.
Fine line between daft banter , flaming and down right nastyness..

Dont dish it out if you cant take it back as my old gran used to say.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 14, 2020, 6:48 pm

Earnest wrote:
March 14, 2020, 2:26 am
papafarang wrote:

I'm better than what I used to be, just ask Alan and Morti (still not quite there with Vlad)....Yes Steve,I Agree YOU Have Mellowed,But I Think that is due to the Onset of OLD Age !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 14, 2020, 7:06 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 14, 2020, 4:20 pm
Earnest wrote:
March 14, 2020, 4:16 pm

Fine line between daft banter , flaming and down right nastyness..

Dont dish it out if you cant take it back as my old gran used to say.

DM
Dont dish it out if you cant take it back as my old gran used to say.......EXACTLY,Jon !!!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”