So, What is open in Udon?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: So, What is open in Udon?

Post by Doodoo » May 5, 2020, 10:09 am

When one measures the level of Chlorine in a water source that is telling you that the chlorine is doing its job. So if you see a level of say 0.2 ppm free chlorine the bugs are done. and you have 0.2 ppm addition Cl2 available

Now as to teh point of it killing the Virus I dont know

As for public swimming pools the question of social distincing comes into play also

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 5, 2020, 12:18 pm

dragonz wrote:
May 5, 2020, 8:08 am
Hi anyone know if the swimming pools are open ? My boys are going stir crazy 7th week of lockdown . I read chlorine kills the virus so should be safe i think .
I feel sorry for your boys , and all the kids at the moment , but its very doubtful any pools would be open . But T I T .

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » May 5, 2020, 7:46 pm

Its not just thailand is it . the whole world has crazy rules .I was in tesco a week ago can buy plastic containers tvs etc but not clothes . the small shops outside were all shut except the gold shop .Gold being an essential item !
I went to nakha buri pool every 2 days before it shut down and i and my 2 boys were the only ones there except a perv guy
from sweden . My 4 yr old was nearly starting to swim . I read no reported cases from water or swimming pools

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 6, 2020, 6:03 am

dragonz wrote:
May 5, 2020, 7:46 pm
from sweden . My 4 yr old was nearly starting to swim . I read no reported cases from water or swimming pools
You are correct there almost certainly are no cases of transmission from chlorinated water. But an infected individual will be shedding virus in their sweat before getting in the water and after drying off the pool water. So if you cannot see that a swimming pool is a very very high risk area you must be lacking in common sense.

That complaint is almost good enough for https://www.reddit.com/r/entitledparents/
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 6, 2020, 6:49 am

I’m no expert but providing people practice social distancing it should be okay. As far as I can tell there is no evidence that the virus can or indeed can’t be spread though sweat that’s plain guesswork. The virus is an airborne respiratory disease and early research that I have read seems to point the fact that this is how it’s transmitted, so once again it all points to social distancing. Here’s an official take on swimming -

There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.

While there is ongoing community spread of COVID-19 of the virus that causes COVID-19, it is important for individuals as well as owners and operators of these facilities to take steps to ensure health and safety:

Everyone should follow local guidance that may determine when and how recreational water facilities may operate.
Individuals should continue to protect themselves and others at recreational water venues both in and out of the water – for example, by practicing social distancing and good hand hygiene.
In addition to ensuring water safety and quality, owners and operators of community pools, hot tubs, spas, and water play areas should follow the interim guidance for businesses and employers for cleaning and disinfecting their community facilities.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 6, 2020, 7:15 am

I think that anywhere where people could come into possible unintentional contact with another, ( sports being the main problem ) would be lacking in duty of care if they allowed it .
Football/ Rugby other sports which by their nature require close one on one contact to achieve the essence of the game.
Water sports per see are individual activities however often prior to and afterwards, close contact could occur and with the damp conditions, assist in spreading the virus of you have it .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 6, 2020, 7:19 am

Close contact sports are an entirely different thing, when you get out of a pool you are covered with chemically treated water so as far as i can tell (and the experts take on it) it's quite safe to swim providing social distancing is met.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 6, 2020, 7:21 am

"When it comes to the COVID-19 coronavirus, the riskiest thing at swimming pools, hot tubs, and oceans is not the water itself. No, it’s the coughing, sneezing, panting, face-rubbing, and diarrhea-ing things that are in or next to the water: people. It’s also the things that people touch frequently such as guard rails, chairs, towels, and thongs."

Taken from
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... f7dc074360

Hope this helps

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 6, 2020, 7:32 am

Pretty much the same as everywhere else we are visiting now then? Supermarkets, wholesalers, restaurants, DIY outlets etc etc

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2020, 7:58 am

Maybe change the topic header now ..

So, What is CLOSED in Udon ?

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 6, 2020, 8:01 am

Well I know T Bar has reopened, however great though that may be, it seems people are still unwilling to go to a place to eat, just because in my book they are unable to buy alcohol as well. That is really sad.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2020, 8:19 am

IMO .. many customers wont go back to restaurants until they are fully open the NEW NORMAL way .. maybe lacking in ethusiam cant be bothered with all the faffing dining in an empty place distanced from your partner , wearing a mask during mouthfuls ..not my idea of fun and may as well stay at home n cook or get a takeaway.

It will be interesting to see how many restaurants choose not to open up or open up find it isnt viable and close again .

Even the very well patronaged Duck noodle shop on the intersection is saying how terrible things are , and hes been round since the dinosaurs.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 6, 2020, 8:21 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 6, 2020, 7:58 am
Maybe change the topic header now ..

So, What is CLOSED in Udon ?

DM
Minds?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 6, 2020, 8:32 am

Is BYO allowed in eateries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2020, 8:36 am

Barney wrote:
May 6, 2020, 8:32 am
Is BYO allowed in eateries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NO ..

Tho restaurants can sell alcohol for takeaway HOME consumption .. so after your meal you can buy to go , im guessing most will have ahome stock from wholesalers and not gonna pay restaurant prices n profit margin ..just dine n dash

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 6, 2020, 8:51 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 6, 2020, 8:19 am
IMO .. many customers wont go back to restaurants until they are fully open the NEW NORMAL way .. maybe lacking in ethusiam cant be bothered with all the faffing dining in an empty place distanced from your partner , wearing a mask during mouthfuls ..not my idea of fun and may as well stay at home n cook or get a takeaway.

It will be interesting to see how many restaurants choose not to open up or open up find it isnt viable and close again .

Even the very well patronaged Duck noodle shop on the intersection is saying how terrible things are , and hes been round since the dinosaurs.

DM
You may well be right, but it is sad nevertheless, places that have kept us full ( food wise ) now need customers back or else sadly they may well go and then we will miss them terribly .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 6, 2020, 8:53 am

Some restaurants have been considering their options before the virus and booze bans, this may well be the icing on the cake as it were.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 6, 2020, 9:37 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 6, 2020, 8:51 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 6, 2020, 8:19 am

DM
You may well be right, but it is sad nevertheless, places that have kept us full ( food wise ) now need customers back or else sadly they may well go and then we will miss them terribly .
Its always sad to see a farang restaurant close for whatever reason other than there food sucked .
I remember when Steves and T Js were about the only gigs in town . But you cannot keep a place open and pay the bills on sentiment . This current situation has not helped , but it is what it is .
I have not heard of anywhere giving up just yet .

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » May 6, 2020, 9:38 am

farangs clustered at tables , smoking , not observing distancing. kp is right , it seems no-one
can control themselves. arresting them in patters

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 8, 2020, 7:03 am

homepro is open according to a friend who visited yesterday... ;)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”