Both PEA and MEA have 3 or 2 number codes

In general 1.1.1 is only for 5/15 meters and 150 kWh or under usage
Nope sorry, don’t understand any of that. Thanks anyway

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: power bill reductions (covid-19)

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 1:29 pm

The PEA now has the calculator live including the discount.
https://www.pea.co.th/webapplications/E ... index.html#
DA261B64-57F6-4237-B350-83ABD9B352E3.png
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 7, 2020, 1:59 pm

samuel wrote:
April 28, 2020, 1:22 pm
so is it better to pay the April bill and wait for a possible benefit in may's bill
or
is it better not to pay the April bill and wait for a new April bill?
just came back from the PEA office behind Big C with my neighbour.
he had to pay his April bill.
so he had to pay the same amount as in february for April.
no new bill for April.
just bring the bill and pay at the desk.
it seems to work easily…..
\:D/

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 7, 2020, 6:20 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 7, 2020, 1:29 pm
month of may 2020 now available….

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 6:28 pm

samuel wrote:
May 7, 2020, 6:20 pm
May 7, 2020, 1:29 pm
month of may 2020 now available….
Be careful as the disclaimer says
Calculation of house electricity bill for the period April - Jun 2020
The calculation method is currently being improved to comply with the cabinet resolution.
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 7, 2020, 8:25 pm

I have attempted every day to pay my April bill via Krung Thai NEXT App, but up until today there was no adjusted amount indicated for payment; however, today I got the amount of 825 Baht and my February bill was 812, so close enough and I paid it. What confused me was the article in The Bangkok Past recently which indicated that the discounts would be applied for March thru May; however, this attachment from PEA indicates the discounts will be applied for bills in April thru June.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ower-bills
Attachments
PEA Discount Schedule2.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 8:53 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:25 pm
I have attempted every day to pay my April bill via Krung Thai NEXT App, but up until today there was no adjusted amount indicated for payment; however, today I got the amount of 825 Baht and my February bill was 812, so close enough and I paid it. What confused me was the article in The Bangkok Past recently which indicated that the discounts would be applied for March thru May; however, this attachment from PEA indicates the discounts will be applied for bills in April thru June.

The online PEA calculator shows a field for entering the February units into the March, April and May estimates June is not available yet. My current calculations suggest my next bill may drop from about 3,000 to about 600 due to overpaying the previous 2 bills. The PEA smart+ app has not been updated so if you have that you can compare the numbers with and without the big discount. FWIW it is still showing a 3% discount as well as the big drop.

On a different topic SWMBO is very happy, we now have the second (5,000) meter deposit back, so 2 down 1 to go.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 7, 2020, 9:27 pm

May 7, 2020, 8:53 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:25 pm

The online PEA calculator shows a field for entering the February units into the March, April and May estimates June is not available yet. My current calculations suggest my next bill may drop from about 3,000 to about 600 due to overpaying the previous 2 bills. The PEA smart+ app has not been updated so if you have that you can compare the numbers with and without the big discount. FWIW it is still showing a 3% discount as well as the big drop.

On a different topic SWMBO is very happy, we now have the second (5,000) meter deposit back, so 2 down 1 to go.
Sometimewoodworker, after having perused my PEA attachment above, is it your understanding that the deep discount will only be applied to the April, May and June bill, as is indicated therein, or are you saying now that March is also included for the deep discount?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 9:50 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:27 pm

Sometimewoodworker, after having perused my PEA attachment above, is it your understanding that the deep discount will only be applied to the April, May and June bill, as is indicated therein, or are you saying now that March is also included for the deep discount?
All I can say is that the online calculator is showing the big discount on March April and May. June is not available so I have no idea if it will have the discount.

It’s also possible that the calculator has been programmed to include March in error though that is not very likely in my estimation.

The calculator is very simple to use, so why not give it a try?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 8, 2020, 6:14 am

So using STWW's calculator my April charge should be 910 Baht as compared to the bill which is 1700.

Meter type 1125
Feb usage 240 kw/hr
Apr usage 424 kw/hr

Interesting to see if that is the case, Mrs Dero told me yesterday I should be able to pay using my KBank app to PEA today - 8th May
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 8, 2020, 7:07 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 8, 2020, 6:14 am
So using STWW's calculator my April charge should be 910 Baht as compared to the bill which is 1700.

Meter type 1125
Feb usage 240 kw/hr
Apr usage 424 kw/hr

Interesting to see if that is the case, Mrs Dero told me yesterday I should be able to pay using my KBank app to PEA today - 8th May
The meter type is irrelevant.

You may well have to Payless than 910 if the calculator is correct as you have probably overpaid March. I will be interested to see the amount and if it’s lower your March usage number.

We don’t get our next bill for a couple of weeks but have probably overpaid 1,000 ish on the last 2 bills

W

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 8, 2020, 7:31 am

God morning guys !

Link to the calc please..//TIA

Have a hot and nice day evryone ;-)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 8, 2020, 7:40 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 7:31 am
God morning guys !

Link to the calc please..//TIA

Have a hot and nice day evryone ;-)
FFS Read the posts above, it is there

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 8, 2020, 7:43 am

Sorry for my bad eyes ;-)...Got it..Thank you...:-)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 8, 2020, 8:28 am

May 8, 2020, 7:07 am
Bandung_Dero wrote:

Meter type 1125
Feb usage 240 kw/hr
Apr usage 424 kw/hr

The meter type is irrelevant.

You may well have to Payless than 910 if the calculator is correct as you have probably overpaid March. I will be interested to see the amount and if it’s lower your March usage number.

We don’t get our next bill for a couple of weeks but have probably overpaid 1,000 ish on the last 2 bills

W
I think it is! 1125 tells me my power catagory = 112 (Line 2 translation = User Type 111 or 112)
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 8, 2020, 8:41 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:

Meter type 1125
Feb usage 240 kw/hr
Apr usage 424 kw/hr

Your usage seems very low for both months . You are either very fugal , or your Mrs doesnt leave everything switched on like mine does .
I would swap bills in a heartbeat .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 8, 2020, 9:44 am

If you are a domestic user and use more that 150kWh (it was 50kWh and will probably revert) unless you have a TOU service (very very few people have that) then your tariff is 1.1.2 there are almost no people posting here who are on 1.1.1

That is why I said that the line you call meter type is irrelevant.

It would also be an incorrect translation as there is no difference in the 5/15 meter for those on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 it’s the tariff that changes depending on usage not the meter.

All this applies to domestic not business tariffs.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2020, 2:50 pm

Just been into PEA UD town branch next to wine cellar.. spiffing result ..temp check on door and presented my current bill which was for 2,982 bt , very pleasant young lady said this bill is discounted to 1,244 bt :D :D .. the total of your February bill which was correct as i had previously checked... the beautiful ""angel"" in blue then confirmed a similar outcome for the next two bills .. suffice to say DM danced a jig out the door and now planning what to spend my suprize surplus pocket money on ..

Chang or Sivilai

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 8, 2020, 3:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 8, 2020, 2:50 pm
Just been into PEA UD town branch next to wine cellar.. spiffing result ..temp check on door and presented my current bill which was for 2,982 bt , very pleasant young lady said this bill is discounted to 1,244 bt :D :D .. the total of your February bill which was correct as i had previously checked... the beautiful ""angel"" in blue then confirmed a similar outcome for the next two bills .. suffice to say DM danced a jig out the door and now planning what to spend my suprize surplus pocket money on ..

Chang or Sivilai

DM
Hi John! Were you able to confirm that this deep discount is only good for Apr-June bills and not for March as others have speculated?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2020, 3:11 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:07 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 8, 2020, 2:50 pm

Chang or Sivilai

DM
Hi John! Were you able to confirm that this deep discount is only good for Apr-June bills and not for March as others have speculated?
The best i can confirm Patrick is the bill i just paid was dated meter reading April 22nd with the due date May 2nd , i purposely left off paying it until today as its today the discounts kick in .. they run for 3 bills Apr May June im guessing this was my first of the 3 discounted bills.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”